Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Tea Party and associated individuals?
I approve 92 53.18%
I disapprove 81 46.82%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 06:49 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I couldn't care less about your dead guys in wigs, although I'll point out that their beef was not Taxed Enough Already but "No taxation without representation". I think the teabaggers are clowns because that's how they behave.
That's it... keep proving my point! More (in)tolerance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
I don't what you think or who told you to think it, but my opinion of the American right is based on what they do and say.
In that case, you have no idea what they do and say. someone told you wrong.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:59 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not a Tea Partier and I do think they are a little radical even if I have friends that are members. That doesn't mean I or anyone else should disapprove of them. Anymore than anyone should disapprove of groups like the Green party (btw, the Tea Party is not a party) As long as whatever they preach isn't causing anyone harm and they are not demonstrating in a violent way, only very narrow minded people could disapprove of them. If not narrow minded people, those who fear their power.
As was said about another post, this bears repeating....it amazes me the vitriol, hatred, fear and misinformation that is exhibited by some people regarding the Tea Party people. I do not belong but I admire that they have tried to effect changes in the way our government is running the country. Change is good. Why do some people fear it so ? Is it because the Tea Party wants to limit some of the outrageous spending that has become so prevalant in our government ? I guess everyone is afraid they might not get theirs......

Old 07-20-2013, 07:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I prefer budget cuts to tax increases too, but the GOP won't allow their precious military to be cut, so taxes it is.
Remember when Obama ran around the country yelling doom and gloom if sequestration happened.

Obama thought he had republicans in the bag and they would give in because of cuts to the military even promising during the election debate that sequestration wouldn't happen. The left won't tell you that Obama tried to include "another" tax increase in order to stop sequestration. He was wrong, Republicans didn't give in and there are cuts in the military.

Obama ran on raising taxes to pay his political cronies. Welfare (the 47%ers) are also Obama's political cronies only they are cheaper. Obama or Democrats won't spending on welfare after all like Pelosi said, welfare is a stimulus.

Last edited by petch751; 07-20-2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old 07-20-2013, 07:19 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Peaceful protesting and cleaning up afterwards is almost as disgusting as those you support like the Occupiers who destroy, burn, defecate, and leave a disaster behind them.
I didn't say they weren't peaceful. I didn't say they were messy. I said they were clowns. Sorry you felt the need to squawk about the Occupation movement in response. Doesn't make the tea baggers look any less clownish, though. Morans, if you will.

Now go get those gummint hands off'n that Medicare!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
I didn't say they weren't peaceful. I didn't say they were messy. I said they were clowns. Sorry you felt the need to squawk about the Occupation movement in response. Doesn't make the tea baggers look any less clownish, though. Morans, if you will.

Now go get those gummint hands off'n that Medicare!
Not too sharp eh?

You called the TP clowns, yet you support real clowns like Occupiers.

Amazing I needed to dumb down my post....but it is what it is when dealing to the low information voters.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's it... keep proving my point!
Keep whining and crying because I think your party is full of idiots. That's it.

Quote:
More (in)tolerance.
You should run to mommy and say someone hurt your feelings by not pretending Republicans aren't idiots. Go on now, go tell her that someone said the things Republicans do and say make him think they're clowns, and he did it without asking you even once if it would hurt your feelings and make you cry. You tell her how I'm a big intolerant meanie who made you sad.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Keep whining and crying because I think your party is full of idiots. That's it.

You should run to mommy and say someone hurt your feelings by not pretending Republicans aren't idiots. Go on now, go tell her that someone said the things Republicans do and say make him think they're clowns, and he did it without asking you even once if it would hurt your feelings and make you cry. You tell her how I'm a big intolerant meanie who made you sad.
So you are demonstrating Liberals are Intolerant and the banner of tolerance they wave is a false flag.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So you are demonstrating Liberals are Intolerant and the banner of tolerance they wave is a false flag.
If I may - Liberals DO detest ignorance. The Tea Party happens to be chock full of it.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Nobody says liberals have to tolerate everything, and I wonder who told you otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies