Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Tea Party and associated individuals?
I approve 92 53.18%
I disapprove 81 46.82%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

I agree with some points and disagree on others. Why does it need to be an either or question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Flooding American with millions of illegal aliens with will do nothing but harm working class people.
Hispanics are white now.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:48 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Tea party is to Republicans. As Left wing liberals is to democrats.

The real US population is more towards the middle.

I don't support right wing Tea party even as a conservative Republican. They claim they are against big government yet they want to protect their Medicare. Hypocrites.

Same thing with left wing liberals. They want equality for all but fail to individuals all are different with different motivations. You can only provide a social safety net for only so long. When do u stop?

No problem.

Just return all the money taken from their pay checks with interest.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This is the biggest bunch of BS I ever heard. The Tea Party are the biggest fans of big government that ever existed.

At least the Libertarians are consistent. The Tea Party? Not so much....

Libertarian Vs. Tea Party - YouTube

Great.

Get back to us when you can get candidates elected to national office.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:27 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Get back to us when you can get candidates elected to national office.
Get back when the tea party can do the same outside of Dixie.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Their constitutionslists. Why not.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 AM

27,157 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
As was said about another post, this bears repeating....it amazes me the vitriol, hatred, fear and misinformation that is exhibited by some people regarding the Tea Party people. I do not belong but I admire that they have tried to effect changes in the way our government is running the country. Change is good. Why do some people fear it so ? Is it because the Tea Party wants to limit some of the outrageous spending that has become so prevalant in our government ? I guess everyone is afraid they might not get theirs......

Why?
The Democratic Party Demonization Machine.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
No. Teabaggers are social and religious conservatives first and foremost, and economic issues are almost an afterthought. Teabaggers are simply the people who put Bush in office: evangelicals and an assortment of crazy right-wingers.

How else do you explain Todd Akin, and Michelle Bachmann, Queen of the Teabaggers?
No, TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already

It just happens to be that conservatives hold this view more than liberals. Other than that, the TEA Party is party neutral.

Anyone who refers to them as Tea Baggers loses all credibility

Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Tea party is to Republicans. As Left wing liberals is to democrats.

The real US population is more towards the middle.

I don't support right wing Tea party even as a conservative Republican. They claim they are against big government yet they want to protect their Medicare. Hypocrites.

Same thing with left wing liberals. They want equality for all but fail to individuals all are different with different motivations. You can only provide a social safety net for only so long. When do u stop?
Actually, over time the Democrats are more conservative than they were 50 years ago but the Republicans have moved far to the right. According to "Keith Poole of the University of Georgia, with his collaborator of Howard Rosenthal, has spent decades charting the ideological shifts and polarization of the political parties in Congress from the 18th century until now to get the view of how the political landscape has changed from 30,000 feet up. What they have found is that the Republican Party is the most conservative it has been a century." (Source: NPR)

I voted in this poll as a supporter for the Tea Party, as they effectively help Democrats get elected. Thank you Sharon Angle, Richard E. Mourdock -- who defeated Richard Lugar in the GOP primary, only to to lose in the general election and the Witch from Delaware.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:07 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
I have Rick Scott as a TEA party governor. He is a crook who uses the government for his own profit. If that's the representation of the TEA party, count me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies