Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
How did this thread suddenly become so complex? I thought that there might be some conversation regarding the dynamics of this report regarding the missing father...instead we get into all this theoretical nonsense that is coming from both sides.
Your idea of 'conversation' on gay threads seems to be throwing around a lot of nonsensical crap and hoping some of it will stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Or not as much....

fMRI and PET scans aren't bridging any gap between hard science and soft science. The results are interpreted.
Yes I realise your idea of 'hard science' is 1 + 1 = 2.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
This is like heterosexual men that leave their wives and kid for a younger looking woman they've got a real hard-on for.

He could gain an erection with his wife and evidently the sensation of her vagina could bring him to orgasm and ejaculation, given he created one or more child with his wife.

I don't think he's evil (I hope not at least), but he didn't make the most holy of choices.
Exactly what I was going to say. Heterosexual males do this all the time. I can start listing heterosexual males that dumped their families for a new, younger, daughter-like version of a woman to partner with, and be here till tomorrow.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
People run out on their families everyday. Men, women, heterosexual, homosexual, doesn't matter.
PEOPLE do stupid stuff.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I don't know who you hang out with, but no one I know eats sh*t or wallows in urine.
Straight people do it.
Yep, they do.
Being as there are more straight people, there are (most likely) more straight people who do.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Heterosexual males do this all the time. I can start listing heterosexual males that dumped their families for a new, younger, daughter-like version of a woman to partner with, and be here till tomorrow.
Exactly. Isn't this a normal thing for hetero men?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,747,738 times
I love all the "straight men do this all the time" comments. no, they don't. this is pretty rare. straight men leave their families all the time, but this dude straight up vanished. it has nothing to do with being gay or straight, but it is certainly a rare thing. what I find annoying about this story, is that they are going to have a special on this story. the man should be arrested for faking his own death. he should also have to pay 16 years of child support, and reimburse with interest the money that was spent searching for him.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Many heterosexual men have left their wives and kids. And by left I mean have nothing to do with them at all.

But I was not attempting to use this 20/20 story in the Original Post as an anti-gay or pro-gay argument. Rather, I was suggesting it begs other questions about marriage, fatherhood (or motherhood), obligations, in relation to our sexual desires. The story also illustrates the gay man could gain an erection with a woman (irrespective if he had to put images of a man he was attracted to in his mind), and that he could be brought to the point of climax and ejaculation with her. He produced children with her.

If a man can be brought to climax and ejaculation he in fact can achieve sexual pleasure.

I've sodomized women. So, I know to the male phallus sodomizing someone feels very close to what it feels like to be in a vagina.

This is not to say this man was much attracted to his wife. But then neither are some heterosexual men towards their wives.

It may have not been good to divorce his wife, but if he did and stuck around in the lives of his children, and paid child support too, that would have been a lot better than totally disappearing. Especially since his daughter never knew if he was dead or alive. That's very traumatic on a child. And even for his wife, the woman that bore his children, it was a great betrayal to just disappear on her. Leaving her to be the sole parent to rush to the aid of their children whenever they called in distress or need.

And I'm assuming she went to the same Protestant Church that he did. But it would appear she was the only one of the two that kept her Protestant "vows," so to speak, of faithful parenting and provider.

So, it was not Protestantism that caused him to abandon his wife and children. It was him abandoning his Protestantism for the sake of indulging deeper in his pleasures. Heterosexual men do this to as we both acknowledged.

And there are gay men, bisexual men, and lesbians that stay faithful parents or even rear other peoples children (from the family photo it looked as if this man and his former wife adopted some Asian kids too). So, being gay did nor cause him to abandon his wife and kids either.

Being gay was certainly a factor in this story and one he points out as a strong factor. He rationalizes it as the reason he left.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
sodomy legal definition of sodomy. sodomy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Ummm, sodomy is also oral.

You know more about why he left than the fellow who left.
Amazing!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:07 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Your idea of 'conversation' on gay threads seems to be throwing around a lot of nonsensical crap and hoping some of it will stick.
That's called speculative investment. I suppose you are right about that- the whole thing is a mystery to me and I will never fully understand this modern phenomena. I am sure that even the advocates participating on gay threads fully understand the complexity of human sexuality. I just have a lot of speculative and theoretical ideas on the subject- and yes - if you toss enough crap around some of it might stick and give us all a better and more realistic understanding- In the mean time the politically correct who dare not offend ANYONE...will stick to the dogma and the mantra - that only serves to institutionalize thinking...

I see things as they are...and am old enough to have seen the social changes taking place over a period of decades - so I do a compare this era to the last and see certain shifts that might be amiss socially and sexually....I actually question things- sorry that I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies