Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I didn't assign anyone an argument. I made my own. I may have to give you the number of a broad on this board to whom I explained what that term means. You clearly haven't the faintest idea what it means.
Ok, it was a red herring

who cares...?

you assigned it by addressing me directly.

I don't care what your opinion is on gay marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Ok, it was a red herring

who cares...?

you assigned it by addressing me directly.

I don't care what your opinion is on gay marriage
I didn't offer my opinion on gay marriage, Sparky, I offered my opinion on a different, "freakish" aspect of our culture that is widespread, namely monogamy and/or marriage. Many people flee their marriages, mostly due to what I just explained.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I didn't offer my opinion on gay marriage, Sparky, I offered my opinion on a different, "freakish" aspect of our culture that is widespread, namely monogamy and/or marriage. Many people flee their marriages, mostly due to what I just explained.
None of which I was talking about.

So, I said, to paraphrase, "homosexuals and other people who carry freakish lifestyles"

And then you come on some rant about gay marriage and monogamy and the lack of observation in nature.

One, you DID assign that argument to me... so it was a strawman because I NEVER argued for either heterosexuality within the scope of marriage OR monogamy in nature.

Then you said you created your OWN argument...fine...why you quote me? I have no idea.

In addition, to cede to your own argument...It doesn't matter because the same-sex marriage argument is chock full of logical fallacies, from both sides, anyway. Why would I WANT TO prevent them from the institution of marriage? If you need to know, because it's a social norm I subscribe to. I'd prefer to not deal with a society that openly champions homosexuality. That's really all there is to it.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
None of which I was talking about.

So, I said, to paraphrase, "homosexuals and other people who carry freakish lifestyles"

And then you come on some rant about gay marriage and monogamy and the lack of observation in nature.

One, you DID assign that argument to me... so it was a strawman because I NEVER argued for either heterosexuality within the scope of marriage OR monogamy in nature.

Then you said you created your OWN argument...fine...why you quote me? I have no idea.

In addition, to cede to your own argument...It doesn't matter because the same-sex marriage argument is chock full of logical fallacies, from both sides, anyway. Why would I WANT TO prevent them from the institution of marriage? If you need to know, because it's a social norm I subscribe to. I'd prefer to not deal with a society that openly champions homosexuality. That's really all there is to it.
It would be one thing if you were intellectually consistent, and deplored all that seems to run counter to the basic nature of humans, but you simply pick and choose. Or is it your contention that monogamy among humans is "natural," or whatever term you wish to assign?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
It would be one thing if you were intellectually consistent, and deplored all that seems to run counter to the basic nature of humans, but you simply pick and choose. Or is it your contention that monogamy among humans is "natural," or whatever term you wish to assign?
No, it's basically preference not much unlike everything else in life.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
No, it's basically preference not much unlike everything else in life.
Which we cannot even say for heterosexual marriage, in most cases. Most men do not "prefer" it. If we could ever come to terms with this fact, we might be able to fashion a way in which they don't run from it.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Which we cannot even say for heterosexual marriage, in most cases. Most men do not "prefer" it. If we could ever come to terms with this fact, we might be able to fashion a way in which they don't run from it.
Well, who cares what most men want? The fact is, whether begrudgingly or not, they subscribe to it. While you may have a valid point after all...you can take it even further.

Why do homosexuals not only want to be accepted into an institution that is FAILING, but one that was never created with their existence in mind in the first place?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Really now? Since only about 2% of the population is gay, you sure seem to know quite a few. I call horsesh*t on you.
Yet you know many and they're all into the same festishes.
Yeah.
I know lots of gay men and lesbians, too.
Many of my friends have been in relationships for over 30 years.
Your ridiculous and fabricated facts are simply ridiculous and fabricated.

The world population is 7 billion.
2% is quite a few people.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,429 times
Quote:
All human relationships that are monogamous are "freakish" in the truest sense. Why should we deprive gays of the right to wallow in this type of misery?
Your moral compass is not too well formed, eh? The discipline of monogamy is no more freakish than the discipline required to keep one's self from becoming obese or the discipline required to turn one's self into a competent prize fighter.

Your comment seems to evidence the suggestion made by the Church that once gay marriage is allowed soon to follow will be a decline in marriage altogether and an increase in multiple sexual relationships.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,790,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post

I'm not a pansexual person but I know these people exist and your own proposition of gay-for-pay as well as this married gay man that father children with his wife, evidence human sexuality in terms of "sexual orientation, is not something fixed or immutable from birth.

Basically, it's all in the mind.
As usual, you are in desperate search of a clue. Sexual orientation is not a choice, but if it gives you satisfaction, in order to rationalize and justify your one going misguided homophobia so be it. Sadly, some blacks folks need someone they can dump on, regardless of whether they have any justification for it, doesn't seem to matter to them. You don't know what lust is? Really? Too bad. As I mentioned your in desperate search of a clue, or perhaps how you would put it, in search of a hypothesis. Homophobia has always been directly related to lack of education, which you exhibit with virtually every post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies