Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 02:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
None of the gay people I know do that either, so where were you getting your information from that backs your claim as to gays doing it? You are the one who brought it up.
Probably something by the aged deregistered ex-psychologist anti-gay crusader Paul Cameron on some website like homobigots4Jesus.org. Sounds exactly like the sort of vilifying propaganda he used to spread and anti-gay religious conservatives love to regurgitate.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-22-2013 at 03:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I am done discussing the issue with you. I find it amusing you continue to keep trying to persuade me. I've had this sort of discussion with homosexuals before, in person, and it's an exercise in futility. They will use all sorts of innuendo (or, in some cases, outright slander) and hyperbole in an attempt to make their case and we usually end up going in circles.
In most cases, it's a gender identity issue psychologically. That is, a failure to identify with a positive male role model (usually occupied by the father) while growing up.
I know, I know...none of this means anything to you and it's all bullsh*it, right? I know the routine.
LOL!

'Failure to identify with a positive male role model'? The old 'distant father and overbearing mother' myth? You're kidding me. You are about 50 or 60 years out of date. Only conservative religious anti-gay fringe groups like NARTH still push that long discredited unsupported notion from 1950's neo-Freudian psychoanalysts.

The Evangelical Blackout of Research on Sexual Orientation

I know the routine. You read this nonsense on some religious-based anti-gay website and swallowed it hook line and sinker. Then you regurgitate it mindlessly and wonder why people call it BS. That's because it is. Try finding ANYTHING from a reputable mental health organization that supports that idiocy. Or any published studies or research from the past 50 years. You can't. The best you would be able to come up with is a discredited paper by Irving Beiber from 1963 that NARTH (embarrassingly) still keep trying to roll out to support their long debunked 'reparative drive' silliness.

Royal College of Psychiatrists
"Despite almost a century of psychoanalytic and psychological speculation, there is no substantive evidence to support the suggestion that the nature of parenting or early childhood experiences play any role in the formation of a person’s fundamental heterosexual or homosexual orientation. It would appear that sexual orientation is biological in nature, determined by a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."

American Academy of Pediatricians
"there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation."

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.
The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

Last edited by Ceist; 07-22-2013 at 03:08 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Soft sciences are pseudo-science.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I used to know some gay guys years ago and tried to be tolerant of their views. Even so far as going to their district for drinks and such.
You can sit and deny what I'm saying all you want. I don't care, since I know the truth.
I'm calling BS on this.

But I'm still chuckling about the 'positive male role model' silliness that you think is 'truth'.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Soft sciences are pseudo-science.
What 'soft sciences' are you referring to? Old fashioned 1950's style psychoanalysis? I would agree. Neuroscience using fMRI and PET scans? Not so much.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What 'soft sciences' are you referring to? Old fashioned 1950's style psychoanalysis? I would agree. Neuroscience using fMRI and PET scans? Not so much.
Or not as much....

fMRI and PET scans aren't bridging any gap between hard science and soft science. The results are interpreted.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Heterosexuality is socially acceptable and it has not stopped some men from abandoning their wives and children.

This man became President of Brazil and he was raised by a single mother with many children. Their father left their mother and them for another woman--if memory serves me correct.

I think it's also fallacious to believe any man that embraces either his heterosexuality or homosexuality will never lose sexual attraction to his partner/spouse and will never become sexually infatuated with another person. For some this may be the case but I think there are ample numbers of real life cases where this is not the case.
Exactly this is the point I'm making. Their homosexuality is irrelevant. They made a commitment and abandoned it because it became too hard. That's the disgusting part to me.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You are done because you failed. You failed to answer a simple question, so you run away. Fail fail fail.
Yes. That is clearly hi M.O.

Bring up a bunch of baseless, ignorant, hateful nonsense, get called on it, or get asked to back it up, then shriek and whine like a little girl:

"You are pro-gay! You endorse a sick lifestyle! You have an agenda! I'm done with you! This discussion is over!"

Ha. I've never seen so much failure. And yet he keeps coming back for more and more.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
How did this thread suddenly become so complex? I thought that there might be some conversation regarding the dynamics of this report regarding the missing father...instead we get into all this theoretical nonsense that is coming from both sides.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Enough said. You have an agenda to protect.
Let's see: my two best friends, gay. Neighbors, gay. Friends of neighbors, gay. Been to countless gay bars countless times. And yet, I haven't heard any talk of sexual acts like you claim you have. Who am I going to believe, gays that I've been around for years & years or some homophobe on the internet? Tough decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies