Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Smiley is just another Sharpton. He's a race hustler. He only criticized Obama for not going further and sounding like Sharpton or Wright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Tavis, a committed Leftist, appeared on Meet the Press and said the Presidents comments Friday were as weak as watered down pre sweetened Kool-Aid. Ok sonata is is not a fan of the Great One. Immediately Black folks erupted on Twitter calling him some pretty vile names. Various Tavis related hash tags zoomed to the top. While I personally thought his comment was gratuitous why do Black people seem to tolerate no criticism of Obama. Is this some sort of group psychosis or something. I just don't get it.

Tavis Smiley Blasts Obama’s ‘Weak As Kool-Aid’ Speech: ‘This Is Not Libya, You Can’t Lead From Behind’ On Race | Mediaite
Onswipe
Obama can't win on the issue of race. He's carefully stayed away from that whole discussion for his entire presidency - until now.

If he even utters the word 'race' - his detractors go INSANE that is starting a race war; only President to black people; fostering division. . . blah, blah, blah.

For others - he is in a unique position and should speak out MORE regarding race issues as the first Black President. They think he should be having MORE conversations about race, etc.

Can't win.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:46 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Truth be known...Tavis has done more for black causes than Obama has done in his whole life! Obama grew up off the mainland!!! Very little going on out there smokin' weed.

Black folks get mad when you say we are brainwashed. But when you break off from the hive, you get attacked and shunned just like cultists do to ex-members. It's crazy!! The behavior is the same!!

All of Tavis' work for the black community means NOTHING because he dared criticize the Obama!! Tavis didn't fall for the banana in the tail pipe.

I'm saying this and I do not agree with Tavis on anything! But I do acknowledge his work in the black community.
What are you talking about. What is this hive you speak of?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
even more ironically, obama isn't even really black.
As if anyone born here out of slavery is?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:51 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
even more ironically, obama isn't even really black.
Ironically Tavis is way more liberal than Obama is, and the OP is a conservative showing fake outrage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
None of Obama's relatives ever picked cotton or felt the white man's whip...........None of them! None of them ever went thru Jim Crow......
So that makes him less black? I am from the West Indies and my family did not pick cotton, does that take away from my blackness as well? Do you think that will stop me from getting profiled?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Tavis, a committed Leftist, appeared on Meet the Press and said the Presidents comments Friday were as weak as watered down pre sweetened Kool-Aid. Ok sonata is is not a fan of the Great One. Immediately Black folks erupted on Twitter calling him some pretty vile names. Various Tavis related hash tags zoomed to the top. While I personally thought his comment was gratuitous why do Black people seem to tolerate no criticism of Obama. Is this some sort of group psychosis or something. I just don't get it.

Tavis Smiley Blasts Obama’s ‘Weak As Kool-Aid’ Speech: ‘This Is Not Libya, You Can’t Lead From Behind’ On Race | Mediaite
Onswipe
Tavis is a lefty who doesn't agree with the moderate Obama. This isn't news.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:36 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Tavis is a lefty who doesn't agree with the moderate Obama. This isn't news.
Obama, moderate? Sure.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:

Onswipe
I like Tavis and I don't agree with the president on everything he does. Instead of trying to undervalue African Americans maybe you should look at the reactions as the emotions of individuals. It's not a group psychosis thing at all but individuals expressing their opinions on a particular subject.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Obama, moderate? Sure.
Yes, absolutely.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:

Onswipe
I dont watch or listen to TSmiley

I dont tweet

His and his follwers opinions are between he and his twitter followers.

If TSmiley was worried what people were gonna say about him, he wouldn't be "on air".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies