Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:06 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,089,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
No, I don't think they have a lot of time to raise their children. If they are single moms, and they don't have any support from the father of their children and live in poverty, I think they are receiving some type of government assistance. But to my knowledge, most welfare programs require that the woman work as well, after a period of time.
so, you are assuming the black women are single mothers, and on welfare, yet you do know far more white women are on welfare then black women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,166,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
so, you are assuming the black women are single mothers, and on welfare, yet you do know far more white women are on welfare then black women.
It's kind of like when they hear Hispanics speaking in Spanish, they "know" they are illegals.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM

121 posts, read 142,555 times
Quote:
Well, if you are going off of what you observe while out and about, you can not discern the reasoning of it. you are coming up with what you believe is the reason. There is no proof in this type of observation as to what the reasoning is. I was just doing the same thing you are doing, forming an opinion out of nowhere to substantiate what ever I want.

Just like one could decide that the reasoning is, the white women have husbands who wont work, so, the husbands are able to be there all the time and help out all the time, but the black women have husbands who do work, so therefore can not be there 24/7. We could come up with thousands of these, but by just observing people out and about we can not give factual reasoning behind it.
I've observed much of what I wrote in my original post during the weekends, when most people are out and about.

Last edited by Cherish643; 07-28-2013 at 07:44 AM..

Old 07-28-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
I'm observed much of what I wrote in my original post during the weekends, when most people are out and about.
It is still not proof of anything. you are forming a hypothesis out of your beliefs, not factual evidence

Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,004,028 times
Quote:
I'm black and I've directly observed first hand what I wrote in my original post. I noticed that whenever I saw most black women with children, a man was usually not present.

I then did an informal comparison with white and Asian women and noticed that whenever I saw them out and about with their children, usually a guy was always there too.
Well, as a Puerto Rican, my reason is all the black guys are in prison hence why you only see women with their kids. Or, they're porchin' out with their homeys selling crack. I don't know. You're black, you tell us

Old 07-28-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It's kind of like when they hear Hispanics peaking in Spanish, they "know" they are illegals.
Here comes the PC police. You just can't speak certain truths, because some people become highly offended by the reality of your statements.

Hispanics speaking Spanish has nothing to do with my original post.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, as a Puerto Rican, my reason is all the black guys are in prison hence why you only see women with their kids. Or, they're porchin' out with their homeys selling crack. I don't know. You're black, you tell us
I think many black guys are just dis-invested with helping to raise children, because many grew up in fatherless homes. It's sad that a number of black women continue to have children, only to end up just like many of their moms, alone raising children with little resources and help (besides the government, if they meet the poverty levels).

I'm a black woman and I can't even openly say these things offline, to other black people, because I would be labeled a self hater, when I'm just pointing out that the lack of the family structure is the real root of problem.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yet, there are many of us black guys on here, so we are not in prison, and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say porchin out. And sorry, but the corporation I run, does not sell crack.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,290,795 times
Quote:
I hate to say this, but on the occasion that I see a black guy with his family/children I notice it right away, because it's so rare these days.
I think it might be the area that you live in. I don't see this trend in higher income areas. Kids annoy me though, so I tend to stay away from family places.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:18 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,004,028 times
Quote:
Yet, there are many of us black guys on here, so we are not in prison, and I have no idea what you are talking about when you say porchin out. And sorry, but the corporation I run, does not sell crack.
There's plenty of us latinos on here that are citizens and actually work and pay taxes, what's your point? Another C-D poster that takes themselves way too seriously and take everything that others say 100% literally? Am I the only person on here that uses hyperbole as a literary device and understands it? Seems like it...take a chill pill, bro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies