Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 12:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Dems buy votes with welfare checks and stop anyone in opposition. Ask Lois Lerner. Oh that's right, she didn't want to incriminate herself so she said she was innocent then waived her 5th amendment right. Now that makes sense if you have something to hide.
On "Buying votes:" Obama gave voters health care reform that adds millions to the insured roles while saving the government money. Romney promised to repeal it. The voters voted for Obama. What's wrong with those people?

Meanwhile, Romney promised lots of gifts to the plutocrats in the form of tax-cuts and regulation relaxation for their businesses. In return, those plutocrats donated hundreds of millions to Romney's campaign. Somehow, that's not buying votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
2016- How are the libs going to promote four more years of liberal "rule" after this debacle? Will Americans be dumb enough to vote for another liberal and doom the nation to four more years of economic misery? Has the electorate become conditioned, via government treats for votes programs, to simply vote democrat, regardless of performance and personal voter economic misery?
The modern-day GOP has become an absolute joke. It's nothing more than the mouthpiece for the religious right. Other than you and people who think like you, who the hell else will want to vote Republican??? The GOP had the perfect opportunity to win back the White House in this past election but instead Romney chose to go after the social issues. How stupid.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,757,525 times
To add, I'd say that I'm a lifelong Republican, but even I can't reasonably vote Republican in 2016 unless the nominee is a moderate who'll have the sense to not try to undermine the social issues. But the chances of having a nominee like that are very slim to none. The fact that an extremist like Rick Santorum managed to stay in the race for so long last year shows how out of touch with reality most Republican voters are today.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:51 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,943 times
People need to realize that neither side has the answers or solutions for any problems we face. People jump to a side too quickly.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM

545 posts, read 452,019 times
this is nuts because the libs don't even have anyone that could run...they will need somebody new.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
To add, I'd say that I'm a lifelong Republican, but even I can't reasonably vote Republican in 2016 unless the nominee is a moderate who'll have the sense to not try to undermine the social issues. But the chances of having a nominee like that are very slim to none. The fact that an extremist like Rick Santorum managed to stay in the race for so long last year shows how out of touch with reality most Republican voters are today.
Social issues: Reince Pubis has already said that gay marriage is still a no-no in the GOP platform.

Santorum's duration in the race is directly due to the fact that relatively few people vote in primaries. The ones who do are hardcore partisans.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Outing Valerie Plame.
So? At the time of her outing, she was not covert.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I thought you were moving out of the USA with your ass ets?

Which was your biggest whine? Obama being reelected?

Fly flags upside down
Typical liberal diversionary tactics- You are more concerned with "your party" occupying the White House, rather than competent leadership and the prosperity of the nation. Falling incomes and a lower standard of living is perfectly fine for you, as long as there is a liberal in the White House. This, of course, is the definition of insanity. It used to be that citizens voted for candidates who would IMPROVE the standard of living of citizens in the US. Liberals now vote for the opposite.

1. Liberals will vote for another liberal, despite the continued failure of liberal policy, which will cause further
a. declines in income
b. lower standards of living
c. lower savings
d. more people on food stamps
e. higher unemployment

2. I still have an upside down flag

3. I still fly the Gadsen flag

4. I have property outside of the US, as well as a primary residence and farm in the US. We will have to see where we end up, depending on US policy. We have several "toes in the water".

YOU, on the other hand, WILL VOTE FOR ANOTHER LIBERAL in 2016 and thus ensure your desire for more assured economic misery for the US! Only a fool, after eight years of failed policy, would vote for four more years of misery.

THAT IS THE QUESTION OF THIS THREAD! YOU, OF COURSE, WILL VOTE FOR ANOTHER LIBERAL, INSPITE OF THE FAILURES OF LIBERALISM AND THE NEGATIVE IMPACT ON THE NATION.

I would offer that only an idiot would vote for partisan politics, despite abject failure. Perhaps you should re-examine your political stance and the implications that your views have on the prosperity of the nation.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama's presidency has been one of abject failure and economic misery, scarred by scandal. The only jobs the admin has "created" are part time jobs. Incomes, savings, and standard of living has fallen during the Obama administration, and we have three more years of this downtrend to endure.

2016- How are the libs going to promote four more years of liberal "rule" after this debacle? Will Americans be dumb enough to vote for another liberal and doom the nation to four more years of economic misery? Has the electorate become conditioned, via government treats for votes programs, to simply vote democrat, regardless of performance and personal voter economic misery?

Libs- If liberal policy is so great, why do we have greater numbers of unemployed (or underemployed), lower incomes, lower savings, and more people on food stamps? The only people that appear to have prospered under Obama is the "1%ers"- oddly the people that Obama purports to hate.

I actually agree with republican's on some things but if they don't get off the social issues they will have a hard time winning. You guys keep pushing candidates which are against women and minorities and that shows in the states with republican governors.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Eight years of hearing 'it's Bushes fault' is getting lame.

And now you wanna extend it to 12 years? Unless o can do a 'Presidential decree' he only gets 8 to seal our fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies