Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 12:45 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
My favorite thing will be listening to all the cons cry and whine when they watch their candidate lose in 2016 and try to blame it on things like their conservative Republican wasn't actually a true conservative.
Plus the voting public is too stupid to understand con politics. Plus they're all living on welfare handouts.

There's something comforting about their consistent stupidity, you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hilarious- Obama can do no wrong.

1. lower incomes
Obama's Accelerating Downward Spiral For America - Forbes

2. lower wealth
Wealth wiped out in 2008 crash hasn’t recovered under Obama

3. lower labor force participation

4. 39% more on foodstamps

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...sability-Up-13

5. Oil production has fallen on federal lands. Oil production has INCREASED on private land, INSPITE of Obama.

Report: Oil production on federal lands falls again in 2012 | The Daily Caller

6. EPA regulations have markedly increased under Obama

Report: Oil production on federal lands falls again in 2012 | The Daily Caller

7. No war on coal? Really?

Obama's war on coal will cost us jobs
1. Does not refute anything I said(nor does it even try to), it does not name a single policy that it claims caused this. Try again

2.Your number 2 doesnt make your point either, at best, it is saying family wealth is tied to the Housing market and unless that was your point in the first place only shows you are still wrong.

3.Your chart shows that Labor force participation was dropping even before the recession, you are continuing to prove yourself wrong.

The Oldest Baby Boomers Launch Their Retirement - Planning to Retire (usnews.com)

Baby Boomers Retire | Pew Research Center

Baby boomers are the reason for the the large dip you see in your chart.

4. Food stamps always go up because population goes up, this is the same failed argument you were making with number of people on unemployment. It doesnt work with anyone who can think.

5. In not even sure why you posted this. Your original comment claimed Oil production had ceased completely on Federal lands, you were wrong. I Responded as such and continued on to say the exact same thing you just typed(besides the in spite part) . This bullet point was unneeded.

6. What is your point that it has increased? I never argued that it didnt. I think you are trying to make a bigger argument of whether it is good or not because just saying that it increased isnt controversial in and of itself.

7. The article you posted here does not even address your "war on coal" argument. It makes a claim that he is removing coal as an energy producing option all together. it isnt true, it does not even name a specific regulation that hurts coal. It is doing the same thing you do all the time, which is talk in generalities rather than specifics.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
As I said I like laughing at ignorant people. It's unfortunate that you weren't able to discuss your position though. What I generally do here is call out ignorant people who make blanket statements but then can't back them up.
None of this explains your inconsistent claims. I'm Canadian, and by your reaction to my pretty simple observation that the effects of policies don't disappear when the policy maker leaves office, my opinion is something you cared about very much. Yet today you say you don't care about the opinions of Canadians.

And what you do here is generally whine and cry about Obama because losing makes Republicans whine and cry.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Maybe not embarking on a world apology tour might be a better idea.
When that happen or is that another fantasy of yours? Should Obama start going around to other countries and take a dump on their sacred places? Would that make you feel better?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Really? That's not what Obama told us in 2008. He said if we didn't vote for him we'd have four more years of Bush.
So you think the next President is going to be just like Obama?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
They don't bother me. I enjoy the laughs at your expense. I spent some time in Montreal. The thing I observed most was that French Canadians really have a very high opinion of themselves but very little to back it up.
You can laugh all you want. You can chortle and guffaw, chuckle and giggle. Knock yourself out. The really funny thing is that if I agreed with you, you'd welcome my foreign opinion wholeheartedly.
As far as French Canadians having a high opinion of themselves....."We're Number One!!"
Oh wait....that's you.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
None of this explains your inconsistent claims. I'm Canadian, and by your reaction to my pretty simple observation that the effects of policies don't disappear when the policy maker leaves office, my opinion is something you cared about very much. Yet today you say you don't care about the opinions of Canadians.

And what you do here is generally whine and cry about Obama because losing makes Republicans whine and cry.
Feel free to elaborate on your position regarding Bush and back it up with facts. Until you can do that you're simply spewing hogwash. I don't care about Canada, Canadians, or your opinions. Canada is and always will be an insignificant bump on the map. I do object about Obama routinely because I hate having an incompetent disaster in office.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
When that happen or is that another fantasy of yours? Should Obama start going around to other countries and take a dump on their sacred places? Would that make you feel better?
Liberals are simply precious. Yep. It never happened.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obama's presidency has been one of abject failure and economic misery, scarred by scandal. The only jobs the admin has "created" are part time jobs. Incomes, savings, and standard of living has fallen during the Obama administration, and we have three more years of this downtrend to endure.

2016- How are the libs going to promote four more years of liberal "rule" after this debacle? Will Americans be dumb enough to vote for another liberal and doom the nation to four more years of economic misery? Has the electorate become conditioned, via government treats for votes programs, to simply vote democrat, regardless of performance and personal voter economic misery?

Libs- If liberal policy is so great, why do we have greater numbers of unemployed (or underemployed), lower incomes, lower savings, and more people on food stamps? The only people that appear to have prospered under Obama is the "1%ers"- oddly the people that Obama purports to hate.
The lemmings love Obama. If he could run again in '16 he'd win.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You can laugh all you want. You can chortle and guffaw, chuckle and giggle. Knock yourself out. The really funny thing is that if I agreed with you, you'd welcome my foreign opinion wholeheartedly.
As far as French Canadians having a high opinion of themselves....."We're Number One!!"
Oh wait....that's you.
You're correct for once. We are number one. We are the preeminent world super power. One person I met who is from Toronto told me all about the jealousy Canadians have of Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies