Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So tell me why a person who was just laid off and under 30 with no health issues needs Health insurance when they will be living off a "SMALLER INCOME?"
Because accidents happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,718,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure in 2007 and 2008 Obama was planning for a Universal Plan. However in 2009, as Prez, he and the Dems had to settle for the Republican ACA plan. There was no way to get a UHC plan thru Congress ... it's called "small steps".. And yes, reading comprehension is important.

Obama calls for a national health plan, mandatory coverage for children | Orthopedics Today

The people that choose not to participate in the plan won't have coverage. People that live in States that refuse to participate will not have access to Medicaid.
In other words, the only way to fix the problem is by breaking it further? That's awesome.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
The only way to fix the problem is to fix it little by little. Right-wingers in Congress cannot handle seeing too much fairness, or even too much compassion.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Because accidents happen.
Of course, nobody mentions the fact that due to the exorbitant cost of the now mandatory health insurance, the unemployed 30 year old who was previously healthy will now need medical care for malnutrition since he won't be able to buy anything resembling a healthy meal.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:33 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
ACA provides subsidies for those not earning enough, and Medicaid provides health coverage for those who are living in poverty. If there is a gap, the fault rests squarely on the state government for failing to comply with the tenets set forth in ACA. Lots of self-centered RWNJs running red states are doing just that, proudly failing their constituents in this regard, in the interest of their avaricious masters. You should direct your ire at those cretins.

Those states that did not sign onto the exchanges did so because Obamacare will bankrupt their state in which case the people in those states will go to federal exchanges. If you are going to post bUU don't post partial information with a political swing.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The only way to fix the problem is to fix it little by little.
I'd agree with that if the ACA actually addressed issues such as the skyrocketing cost of medical care or if it had actually lowered healthcare premiums for the average American. Since it didn't do either, it's hard to say it's fixing anything.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you're sincerely interested in learning why? That you truly want to learn why, and aren't just going to reply negatively to whatever response is provided to you?

Yes please tell my why I am very interested in knowing

Old 08-08-2013, 11:38 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why not do some research instead of asking on CD?
Or is your intent simply to incite?
What's wrong? You don't like someone asking questions that will bring light to Obama's failure. Pelosi "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It", the law has passed and as we ASK QUESTIONS as government and IRS officials are trying to opt out.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
, or even too much compassion.
So say Katherine "some live some die" Sebelius....

Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Yes please tell my why I am very interested in knowing
I'll send you and anyone who is sincerely interested a personal message with a link to an interesting article, so you can educate yourself about the need for the individual mandate. Just change your settings so that I can do so and it will be my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Those states that did not agree did so because Obamacare will bankrupt their state.
Not it wouldn't. There aren't any states where economic activity in state isn't sufficient to cover the costs of responsible governance as I've defined it. They just like to whine that it would because they don't want to accept that being just and humane will mean a few less HDTVs and golf resort vacations for their constituents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
If you are going to post bUU don't post partial information with a political swing.
If you are going to post eRayP don't post partial information with a political swing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies