Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:46 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,455,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Only quoting facts with obamas own words and what the CBO has stated....

Do you hate facts? It appears so....
Sarcasm is wasted on you - noted.

But for others who may be reading ......

Earlier in this thread, you repeated something you have included in several posts in several threads - namely, "what about the 30 million that will still be uninsured, when it was sold to us as "Every American will be insured"?"

And then later in this thread, you said "I expect to see you in every thread saying the same thing that asks a question like this...."

See? You are bemoaning the poster who is saying the same thing in every thread, while apparently oblivious to the fact that YOU have been saying the same thing in multiple posts in multiple threads, even after being answered multiple times.

But you probably still don't get it, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:49 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,455,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Thanks for posting this. The Kaiser Family Foundation is a good source of information on a great many health issues.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,078,337 times
Quote:
To answer your question:

Full article: The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

So you and I agree completely.

Everything is flawed. Nothing will ever be perfect. The important point here is that ACA is less flawed than how healthcare was before ACA. Why?

• Guaranteed Issue
  • Essential Benefits
  • Medical Loss Ratio
  • Age Rating
And so on.

The net effect of ACA is positive. Some people are unhappy with it, and aren't getting as good of a deal as before, but those that are getting a better deal are being substantially lifted out of such a horrible situation that it makes the downside experienced by others look trivial. It is a matter of having reasonable perspective - with a reasonable weighting of the positives and negatives, it is very significantly a net positive. If, instead, you choose to narrow your view, and look only on how ACA affect certain people you care about, then surely you can see it differently. It is always possible to focus on the negatives and thereby erroneously conclude that something is negative.

Let's fix that.

It confirms that Obama is the worst president ever to step foot in the white house

Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,911,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why not do some research instead of asking on CD?
Or is your intent simply to incite?
The legislators who passed the bill didn't even bother to read it, why should we?

Remember:

"you have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"

Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,721,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Thanks for posting this. The Kaiser Family Foundation is a good source of information on a great many health issues.
My pleasure. They've done a great job cutting through a lot of the political nonsense opponents of ACA have been trying to peddle.

Case in point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
It confirms that Obama is the worst president ever to step foot in the white house
So your entire contribution to the thread apparently was just trying to find some way to fit in this nonsensical bit of baseless mud-slinging, and once you realized that no one was going to give you a rational reason to post it, you figured you'd just go ahead and post it anyway.

Okay... very interesting choices you make.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Sarcasm is wasted on you - noted.

But for others who may be reading ......

Earlier in this thread, you repeated something you have included in several posts in several threads - namely, "what about the 30 million that will still be uninsured, when it was sold to us as "Every American will be insured"?"

And then later in this thread, you said "I expect to see you in every thread saying the same thing that asks a question like this...."

See? You are bemoaning the poster who is saying the same thing in every thread, while apparently oblivious to the fact that YOU have been saying the same thing in multiple posts in multiple threads, even after being answered multiple times.

But you probably still don't get it, do you?
WOW...you are stretching here....sorry, you musta really hurt your brain with that stretch.

First, I continue to post that quote becuase people cannot give me a true answer...they try but cannot.

Second, I told that poster that I would be looking for them in ALL threads that were just like this one that was posted in, but that poster will not because they are for obama, hence the "i'll see you in all threads like this." But you'll never undersatnd that...

No wonder the left has such a hard time understanding...

Oh, and when you post somthing I said, please use the "quote button, because you obvioulsy only quoted what you felt you needed to respond to, to make yuor point valid, which if you would have posted my entire quote, just doing that would blow this (your) post out of the water.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
My pleasure. They've done a great job cutting through a lot of the political nonsense opponents of ACA have been trying to peddle.

Case in point:So your entire contribution to the thread apparently was just trying to find some way to fit in this nonsensical bit of baseless mud-slinging, and once you realized that no one was going to give you a rational reason to post it, you figured you'd just go ahead and post it anyway.

Okay... very interesting choices you make.

No one should be forced to get something they may not need at the time

Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No one should be forced to get something they may not need at the time
There are really good reasons why they should. Are you open-minded enough to find out why? Or do you just want to insist on ignoring the explanations because they'd make you feel bad about the advocacy you're supporting? I could accommodate either approach.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
There are really good reasons why they should. Are you open-minded enough to find out why? Or do you just want to insist on ignoring the explanations because they'd make you feel bad about the advocacy you're supporting? I could accommodate either approach.

So tell me why a person who was just laid off and under 30 with no health issues needs Health insurance when they will be living off a "SMALLER INCOME?"

Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
bUU

Are you saying that you're sincerely interested in learning why? That you truly want to learn why, and aren't just going to reply negatively to whatever response is provided to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies