Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Another who runs into monster children everywhere they go. Why do you folks eat at at restaurants that allow children if your dinners are ruined all the time? Reminds me of a guy who came into BK a couple years ago while I was in line and he slams his bag down and yells "Every day I come here and every day you folks get my order wrong" and was being a real arse and somebody in line says well why do you keep coming here then? lol
So people who don't want to be disturbed by badly behaved children should stay home? If they are in the middle of a meal, they should stop eating, ask for the check and leave? Do you realize how much business would be lost? There are more diners that don't bring children to restaurants than those that do. Families with children don't get out much unless it's to McDonald's. For upscale restaurants it's usually mommy or daddy's birthday or some other occasion.

Why do you expect people who want to have a nice night out tolerate unruly children? There are many parent who leave their children home and paying a baby sitter or with a family member so that they can have a nice night out, only to be ruined by someone elses badly behaved child/ren?

By your thinking, you are one of those who think your children are "special" and people should tolerate and accommodate them.

If you have a problem with my child - it's discrimination.
If you open a restaurant with a "brat ban" - it's discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
I'm going on the article which you apparently didn't read. That is what I'm basing my opinion on.

I can't remember the last time I saw a kid throw themselves on the floor when I was out eating somewhere actually I don't think I've ever seen that. Sure kids want attention how dare them. Sure they throw a fit once in a whle, sure they get fidgety and bored waiting for their meal. So do some adults I see. lol Perhaps you should find somewhere else to eat?? I mean if it bothers you that much.....maybe you should find a restaurant that will serve only YOU so you aren't bothered by anybody else? Or maybe cook your own food??
Not in a restaurant, but my daughter hit the floor and threw a tantrum in the middle of the local Walmart twice when she was around 3 years old. The first time I spent 10 minutes calming her down. The second time I went on with my shopping. She caught up with me one aisle over, dry eyed and realizing that tantrums weren't going to work. She's never thrown a tantrum again.

With my younger daughter, the one and only time she threw a tantrum in public I lay down on the floor next to her and started doing the same thing. It took about a minute for her to sit up and look at me like I was an idiot. I asked her if that was how she wanted people to look at her, and she said no. End of tantrums.

Children do act up in public, and it isn't necessarily a rare occurrence. Teaching our children not to do it is a major part of raising them to be responsible and respectful. While I don't necessarily agree that the owner of the cafe should stop serving children, she has every right to expect parents to control their children in her establishment.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'm amazed no one has yet played the, "You don't have kids, so you don't know how difficult it is to control them" card, yet.
Let me just say I've seen a lot of people greatly change their tune after becoming parents themselves.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:45 PM

451 posts, read 770,088 times
Quote:
Another who runs into monster children everywhere they go. Why do you folks eat at at restaurants that allow children if your dinners are ruined all the time?
If you can tell me where there are restaurants that don't allow children, I'll be happy to patronize them!

Also, well-behaved children don't bother me at all. It's the ones whose parents either ignore the bad behavior or think it's cute that spoil things for everyone else.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think it's the liberals who are raising a stink here; I think it's the childless for the most part.
Stop thinking. I've gone out with parents who actually left their children home so that they could have a nice night out.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,265,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I, for one, am tired of parents who assume all of society is supposed to tolerate whatever behavior their kids engage in, along with those that think everyone else should fulfill their parental obligations, like cleaning up after their kids mess.

It should be noted that this woman's name was not written on the Facebook page. No one would have known it was her if she hadn't of identified herself.

Allow me to add, since I am one, being a military mom does not excuse poor behavior by your kids or your lack of control of your kids. I get sick of this being used like some "get out of jail free" card. If it is wrong for Little Tommy, the civilian parent's child, then it is wrong for Little Bobby, the military parent's child.

Those kids act that way at home also. Reflection on their mother. As my Momma would say, "They ain't had no raising."

Old 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Those kids act that way at home also. Reflection on their mother. As my Momma would say, "They ain't had no raising."
My Dad's way of putting it was, "They weren't raised, they were snatched up by wolves."

Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Why do you go out and eat at certain restaurants if you are disturbed by bad behaving children all the time? Pick a different restaurant. Stay home. Go eat later when the "adults" are out. Many options. Restaurants aren't going to ban children so your outta luck it appears. Either buck up or take the curtains mentioned above. I don't like little brats running around either but sometimes it happens. It's called life. Either whine and complain about it or get over it. I just eat my dinner and laugh.

My children aren't special they behave. They learned at a young age if they didn't they don't get taken out. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Not in a restaurant, but my daughter hit the floor and threw a tantrum in the middle of the local Walmart twice when she was around 3 years old. The first time I spent 10 minutes calming her down. The second time I went on with my shopping. She caught up with me one aisle over, dry eyed and realizing that tantrums weren't going to work. She's never thrown a tantrum again.

With my younger daughter, the one and only time she threw a tantrum in public I lay down on the floor next to her and started doing the same thing. It took about a minute for her to sit up and look at me like I was an idiot. I asked her if that was how she wanted people to look at her, and she said no. End of tantrums.

Children do act up in public, and it isn't necessarily a rare occurrence. Teaching our children not to do it is a major part of raising them to be responsible and respectful. While I don't necessarily agree that the owner of the cafe should stop serving children, she has every right to expect parents to control their children in her establishment.
Now if I saw that I would laugh my head off.

Yes the owner does but the owner who also accepts children shouldn't go off half cocked about some crumbs on the floor or she should stop accepting children as patrons. I doubt that would help her bottom line. Actually if it did then there would be a lot of restaurants that had no children allowed. Families spend a lot of money going out to eat.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I'm going on the article which you apparently didn't read. That is what I'm basing my opinion on.

I can't remember the last time I saw a kid throw themselves on the floor when I was out eating somewhere actually I don't think I've ever seen that. Sure kids want attention how dare them. Sure they throw a fit once in a whle, sure they get fidgety and bored waiting for their meal. So do some adults I see. lol Perhaps you should find somewhere else to eat?? I mean if it bothers you that much.....maybe you should find a restaurant that will serve only YOU so you aren't bothered by anybody else? Or maybe cook your own food??
Diners throwing fits the same as a 3 year old? LOL You need to upgrade where you eat.

No, perhaps parents who lack parenting skills should eat at home. They happen to be in the minority and businesses wouldn't suffer from their absence. If it bothers the parents that people don't particularly want to be subjected to the badly behaved children and are offended, then they should find a child-friendly place to eat. I understand IHop serves breakfast lunch and dinner, that would probably be more suitable for the family.

I happen to be an excellent cook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies