Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 05:39 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Wait, so this is inappropriate, because her husband is a veteran?
Yes, we're supposed to atone forever for (probably imaginary) Vietnam-era spitting incidents by treating the military as a new aristocracy, and kissing their feet and those of their offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 05:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
You can't teach "manners" until a certain age, and even then it takes time to learn. People go out to eat, partly, because they do not want to clean up after the meal for whatever reason. That is part of the service food establishments provide.
Hog wash..
I have an autistic child. Let me tell you she could be a hand full, but when we went she behaved. She knew the rules. Behave or it is out to the car with dad while Mom and brother enjoy their meals.
The service they provide is a cooked meal in a nice environment. To often people unleash their undisciplined children upon everyone else and feel that the public needs to accept it. The attitude of well I am a paying customer so my kids can be as rotten as they like and an owner just has to smile and be happy.
Parents need to be parents and control their children.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,987,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, we're supposed to atone forever for (probably imaginary) Vietnam-era spitting incidents by treating the military as a new aristocracy, and kissing their feet and those of their offspring.

None of the veterans who have posted on this thread have made any claims like that. We don't like spouses who wear their husband's rank and status. It makes us mad.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
None of the veterans who have posted on this thread have made any claims like that. We don't like spouses who wear their husband's rank and status. It makes us mad.
Good. But the ditzy cafe owner and ditzier mom in the OP aren't the only people out there who feel that way. Far from it.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
LOL that's it some gdam crumbs on the floor? Don't they have a vacuum cleaner at that dump? Lord have mercy. Kids are kids. If somebody gets that bent out of shape about some crumbs on the floor they need to either cater to only adults who would never think of spilling anything or pipe down and do your job. Does this woman scream about having to wipe off the table for the next customer in line too?
I agree. That didn't seem that bad. Kids are going to drop stuff that is just how they are. When mine were little and it looked like that I always left a bigger tip but did pick up the stay french fries that made it to the floor.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hog wash..
I have an autistic child. Let me tell you she could be a hand full, but when we went she behaved. She knew the rules. Behave or it is out to the car with dad while Mom and brother enjoy their meals.
The service they provide is a cooked meal in a nice environment. To often people unleash their undisciplined children upon everyone else and feel that the public needs to accept it. The attitude of well I am a paying customer so my kids can be as rotten as they like and an owner just has to smile and be happy.
Parents need to be parents and control their children.
Just because your autistic child has the capability to behave herself all the time does not mean every autistic child can do so. Just like the example of the 10 month old who behaves herself does not mean every 10 month old has the capacity to behave herself all the time. And again, this is about dropping crumbs on the floor when eating, not running all over the entire place causing all kinds of destruction.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't get the veteran thing either.
Sympathy!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
per the article, the store owner did not name any names. She took a picture of an empty table.

the offender outted herself.

Now I am fine with people suggesting that a shop owner ought to have thicker skin if she wants to own a business....

having said that, my wife and I have been out with our small children and if they make a mess we cleaned it up. Even when the wait staff would have done it, we just didnt think it was right to walk off and leave our mess behind.

regardless, playing the "military mom" card is out of hand if you ask me.
You ask for the vacuum? Many have the sweeper vac.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
or
Parents should be the parent and control their children.
Intelligent parents usually have intelligent kids...most people are just average with average kids...kids being slightly out of control is just human nature...some kids are nasty hyper active little monkeys and some are sophisticated little angels....And when they grow up they are still the same- Monkey verses Angel...so far the angels a winning.

I could never be bitter or hateful to infants...how can you hate kids? I don't understand...When I see a mother with an infant in a stroller who is cranky and unhappy- I just want to pick the kid up and sooth them...but I don't unless I know the mother --- I just want people and children to be happy.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I have and they did nothing. I then went to the manager who confronted them. This particular time I talk about the kids were horrible and they threw food through the restaurant, they ran all through it and started hitting people and screaming. There was no excuse for this and all and the parents did nothing.
Crumbs are no big deal at least to me but the kids that run around yelling and screaming while the parents pretend like they don't know them really ticks me off.

A few weeks ago we were at a restaurant and decided to eat outside and there were kids that where doing that. Then there was a fountain and a few small fish and a couple of turtles. The kids kept throwing the rocks at the turtle. I really had to restrain from dumping those kids in the fountain. Finally the manager came and spoke to the parents and they finally left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies