Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Their combined (P & VP) schedule varies from week to week, so you can't make any assumptions looking at just one week.

Try using the previous week and next week buttons on the top of the White House calendar.

Here is a sample schedule showing both Biden and Obama, and notice how events can start very early and go late. Sometimes they work overnight (U.S. time) when they travel abroad. Imagine the jet lag they deal with?

White House Schedule - July 21 to July 27, 2013 | The White House

And at least Obama puts his and Biden's schedule online for everyone to see.
How do you know I looked at one week and didn't use the previous/next week buttons? Gosh, do you think having to get on the phone or be part of a conference call when you are dealing with countries overseas that there would be a huge time difference???

Yeah, I bet Joe can't function until Tuesday recovering from his weekend jet lag or would that be from his hangover?

Since Obama has been in office, in five years he has made 29 trips overseas (visiting a total of, I believe 41 countries) and they lasted 2-4 days (except Africa. I guess the "working" tours he and his family took extended it beyond 4 days). Not exactly record breaking and exactly on a constant jet-lag recovery. I don't think round trips spending a day or two in Hollywood, Las Vegas, Chicago leaves one with much jet-lag.

You need to stop trying to make them look like super heroes in the world of politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Republicans love to complain about Obama's vacation days.

Well your guy George W. Bush racked up a total of 323 vacation days at this point in his presidency compared to Obama's 95 days.

Reagan at this point took 180 days.

Clinton at this point took only 84 days.

So the next time you complain about Obama's vacation time ... you should first take a look at the time spent by the guys YOU put into office!

Watch the video here:

Michael Smerconish on Presidential Vacation Time

And Bush's number may even be higher than reported above:

Critics bash Obama's plans for vacay
Maybe we should count "days working" instead. Bush may have been at his ranch, but I bet he was working. Obama's time off isn't called vacation unless he's with the family. But all those speech-giving junkets should count as vacation, since he's obviously not in DC. And as Benghazi proved, when he's in campaign mode, running the country takes a back seat.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Saved tax dollars?

You don't think Reagan and Bush flew on Air Force One to travel?

You don't think they brought with them a full staff of Secret Service personnel?

It may sound good in theory ... but you have no actual idea how much time Bush and Regan spent "working" when they left the White House.

Obama and Clinton could easily say the same thing that part of their vacation time was spent dealing with presidential matters.

Stating that one has an "office" and the other doesn't, really doesn't mean much.

The fact is ... both Bush and Reagan each spent more time on vacation then Obama and Clinton combined!
But I bet the dog didn't take a separate flight.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Maybe we should count "days working" instead. Bush may have been at his ranch, but I bet he was working.
There is no such thing as a day when the President isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise
Obama's time off isn't called vacation unless he's with the family.
You really, really have to stop making stuff up.

Quote:
But all those speech-giving junkets should count as vacation, since he's obviously not in DC.
Then you need to count those travel days for he other Presidents as well... pretty much cutting the legs out from under your special pleading.

Quote:
And as Benghazi proved, when he's in campaign mode, running the country takes a back seat.
Benghazi proved only that the Republicans have no shame regarding the tragedies they will use to start witch-hunts, score cynical partisan points, and smear this President.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
How do you know I looked at one week and didn't use the previous/next week buttons? Gosh, do you think having to get on the phone or be part of a conference call when you are dealing with countries overseas that there would be a huge time difference???

Yeah, I bet Joe can't function until Tuesday recovering from his weekend jet lag or would that be from his hangover?
Conference call?

See below from the week I posted:
Quote:
THURSDAY
10:00 AM
The Vice President and Dr. Biden’s arrive in Singapore

FRIDAY
1:45 AM
The Vice President meets with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan

2:30 AM
The Vice President meets with President Tony Tan

3:00 AM
The Vice President meets with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Since Obama has been in office, in five years he has made 29 trips overseas (visiting a total of, I believe 41 countries) and they lasted 2-4 days (except Africa. I guess the "working" tours he and his family took extended it beyond 4 days). Not exactly record breaking and exactly on a constant jet-lag recovery. I don't think round trips spending a day or two in Hollywood, Las Vegas, Chicago leaves one with much jet-lag.
You need to stop trying to make them look like super heroes in the world of politics.
You are the one who is making it sound like Obama and Biden work on some type of "fixed" schedule, when it fact, their schedules vary quite a bit from week to week, and they each include overseas travel.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I love how the right wing machine is completely silent about this. They don't give a damn about presidents being lazy-asses like W, just as long as that (R) is next to their name.
6 minuts from the time the thread was posted till your posting and you are mad because the right has not responded...LOL................................... ..........................

Old 08-13-2013, 07:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:

Well your guy George W. Bush racked up a total of 323 vacation days at this point in his presidency compared to Obama's 95 days.

So the next time you complain about Obama's vacation time ... you should first take a look at the time spent by the guys YOU put into office!

Watch the video here:

Bush was doing all of us a big favor.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:

Watch the video here:

You forgot all of Obama's golf days, where he essentially takes the day off to go golfing.

It's not so much the number of days, it's the cost to taxpayers that the Obamas impose with their many vacations. If Obama is not jetting off to some place for vacation, sun bathing, shopping or skiing, his wife is, or his daughters are. The costs for security, transportation and lodging are in the millions.... all while we the people, are living in this extended Obama Ville nightmare of 'the worst economy since the Great Depression.'

Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
6 minuts from the time the thread was posted till your posting and you are mad because the right has not responded...LOL................................... ..........................
I don't think he was referring to Republicans responding to this particular thread.

I think he was referring to the fact that Republicans always love to complain about Obama's vacation days every time he takes them, but they remained silent when it came to complaining about Bush's vacation days.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Leave Obama alone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies