Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 07:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So I guess that you really beloieve that we went over there because Saddam attacked the WTC
I stopped here because I've never said anything even close to this type of babbling nonsense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 07:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
He does if he continously and knowingly pushes false information in favor of unjust and unnecessary war
We're the Clintons in on this big push to send out false information?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:22 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
2. Iraq was training and aiding alq
where/when?

http://www.dupagepeacethroughjustice.org/lat021104.html

Last edited by burdell; 08-17-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We're the Clintons in on this big push to send out false information?
Don't get me wrong, I blame Clinton for the actual attack on the WTC, because of his errant Cruise missles destroying innocent villages, mosques, schools and hospitals.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default Gosh!

Quote:
Jees. here you blamed the House for crap

And here you are, blaming Bush for crap years after he left for Texas.

Hypocrite..

Where'd all your laughter go?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
I stopped here because I've never said anything even close to this type of babbling nonsense..
I just answered for you in advance because basically everything that you said leads up to what you proably believe anyway

Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,640,475 times
Quote:
The meme that there was no WMD will go down in history as the height of lefty lunacy, and that is saying something.
There was no nuclear material found, and that was all that anyone actually cared about. Nobody cares about chemical gases. Syria used chemical gas in Hama in 1982, and that was not met with a great deal of alarm. Had they bombed Hama with a nuclear device, though...

Old 08-17-2013, 09:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Lol....yeah. Troll baiting for sure.

Posted with TapaTalk
Doubtless true as evidenced by OP's inability to defend his post. Nonetheless any day that the 'lie about WMD' idiocy can be swatted down is a good day. Eventually people will get it. Even Saddam's own generals believed that he had WMD, right up to March, 2003.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:14 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I don't have to say, prove, or interpret anything. It's written in the resolution. Read it sometime when you get the opportunity.
I have. It was MY link....remember?

I notice you refuse to tell anyone what your interpretation is supposed to prove.

It passed and Bush was given the authority to proceed.

Right or wrong?

Quote:
All those who voted against it. Of course, the GOP was in control of both houses of congress and the Republicans voted in almost unanimous lockstep for this Republican measure. If you're interested in the names, you can refer to your own link that you posted earlier.
Yes...notice all the Democrats, some quite noticeable that voted YES.....or are you ignoring that?

Quote:
There was no history rewritten. The history is clear: Bush lied. Of course, he blames it on "faulty intelligence" but it's common knowledge that there was plenty of accurate intelligence against his case for war. That's the history. None of it has been altered.

"At the time" Bush, Cheney, and Rice had run a months-long campaign of disinformation to manufacture public support for their precious oil war. Congress was part of their audience, too. And their campaign did persuade a few Democrats to vote for the resolution. But many opposed it.
I see you ignore all the posts in this thread that prove you wrong.

If it was for oil....why didn't the USA take the oil or the profits? Gasoline prices were low prior to the war and Iraq's oil was embargoed....so we didn't need Saddam's oil. After Iraq was defeated, the USA took not one drop of oil. This is FACT. The UN took control of Iraq's oil.

If Bush lied, so did all the Democrats that spoke in favor or it. You also ignore that a majority of Democrats voted in favor of the war. Would you like me to post their speeches? Also, why did the New York Times and Washington Post support it?

Oh...and about Bush lying about the intelligence? Well, there were several investigations about that by different committees in Congress. The British also investigated that. All of them proved there was no lying or massaging of the intelligence.

Of course if you bothered to read the thread, you'd know that already....

From US News & World Report - posted on Real Clear Politics:

Quote:
Bush, Cheney and the administration have the truth on their side. Exhaustive and authoritative examinations of the prewar intelligence, by the bipartisan report of the Senate Intelligence Committee in 2004, by the Silberman-Robb Commission in 2005 and by the British commission headed by Lord Butler, have established that U.S. intelligence agencies, and the intelligence organizations of leading countries like Britain, France and Germany, believed that Saddam Hussein's regime was in possession of or developing weapons of mass destruction -- chemical and biological weapons, which the regime had used before, and nuclear weapons, which it was working on in the 1980s.

To the charges that Bush "cherry-picked" intelligence, the commission co-chaired by former Democratic Sen. Charles Robb found that the intelligence available to Bush but not to Congress was even more alarming than the intelligence Congress had.

The Silberman-Robb panel also concluded, after a detailed investigation, that in no instance did Bush administration authorities pressure intelligence officials to alter their findings.

Much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. But Bush didn't lie about it.
Link: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Com..._21_05_MB.html

This was posted twice already in this thread.

I realize this doesn't agree with your hyper-partisan hatred of Bush, but you don't get to rewrite history or the facts.

Posted with TapaTalk because I'm not technologically challenged.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
where/when?
hmmmmmmm

Quote:
US State Department
November 4, 1998

Bin Laden, Atef Indicted in U.S. Federal Court for African Bombings

New York -- Usama bin Laden and Muhammad Atef were indicted November 4 in Manhattan federal court for the August 7 bombings of the US embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and for conspiring to kill Americans outside the United States.

Bin Laden's "al Qaeda" organization functioned both on its own and through other terrorist organizations, including the Al Jihad group based in Egypt, the Islamic Group also known as el Gamaa Islamia led at one time by Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, and a number of other jihad groups in countries such as Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Somalia.

Bin Laden, the US Attorney charged, engaged in business transactions on behalf of Al Qaeda, including purchasing warehouses for storage of explosives, transporting weapons, and establishing a series of companies in Sudan to provide income to al Qaeda and as a cover for the procurement of explosives, weapons, and chemicals, and for the travel of operatives.

According to the indictment, bin Laden and al Qaeda forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in Sudan and with representatives of the Government of Iran and its associated terrorist group Hezballah with the goal of working together against their common enemies in the West, particularly the United States.

"In addition, al Qaeda reached an understanding with the Government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq," the indictment said.

Beginning in 1992, bin Laden allegedly issued through his "fatwah" committees a series of escalating "fatwahs" against the United States, certain military personnel, and, eventually in February 1998, a "fatwah" stating that Muslims should kill Americans -- including civilians -- anywhere in the world they can be found.

from the Clinton admin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies