Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 01:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
So that was ALL you had?

Congress VOTED....including a majority of Democrats for the war.

Posted with TapaTalk
Actually, they voted to give the President a wide range of options, and the last among these was the permission to wage war if all else failed. I will admit their naïveté was foolish to think these snakes would choose anything but the last option. Democrats must share some culpability for not being able to recognize the neocons could not be trusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
So that was ALL you had?

Congress VOTED....including a majority of Democrats for the war.
If you'll check your earlier link, you'll see that once again, you're wrong.

Quote:
France, Germany, Russia and others didn't want their involvement in violating the oil embargo exposed so it's no surprise they opposed it.
France, Germany, and Russia were wiser than Dubya & Co. Of course, they didn't have Cheney buffaloing them like Bush did. And he caved. Cheney had a constituency of one. And he was very effective in pushing his agenda on that single constituent.

Quote:
What's your reason to attempt to rewrite history anyhow? Unwilling to admit that people you'll be voting for in the next few years made the same decision as Bush?
They were fed the intel by Bush's CIA. He campaigned vigorously to get their agreement. Maybe they didn't see him as a lying snake in the grass. But then, all he was doing was what Cheney was telling him to do.

That's the history. But by all means, keep up your apologies for Bush.

Quote:
Posted with TapaTalk
Posted with a keyboard from an antiquated desktop confuser.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
How were conservatives justifying the Iraq war after it was revealed that no WMD were found?

I believe they started a rumor that all the WMDs were moved to Libya by Saddam right before the US invasion.
Since Libya underwent it's own version of the Arab Spring, they now claim that those pesky WMDs have all be moved to Syria and been given to the Muslim Brotherhood by Obama.

Should go down as one of the best ultra-conservative square dances since the Reagan/Bush=Iran hoedown.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:00 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
They were fed the intel by Bush's CIA. He campaigned vigorously to get their agreement. Maybe they didn't see him as a lying snake in the grass. But then, all he was doing was what Cheney was telling him to do.

Still pushing that lie even though a DEMOCRATIC led panel proves you to be lying?

Sorry but your bias is all too evident....you're embarrassing yourself.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-18-2013, 02:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How were conservatives justifying the Iraq war after it was revealed that no WMD were found?

I believe they started a rumor that all the WMDs were moved to Libya by Saddam right before the US invasion.
Since Libya underwent it's own version of the Arab Spring, they now claim that those pesky WMDs have all be moved to Syria and been given to the Muslim Brotherhood by Obama.

Should go down as one of the best ultra-conservative square dances since the Reagan/Bush=Iran hoedown.
What rumor?

Many Of Syria's Chemical Weapons May Have Come From Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Investors.com

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/apr/27/20050427-121915-1667r/?page=all

Old 08-18-2013, 02:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times

That one. The word "May" in the headline is the kicker. Thanks for proving my point. I'd rep ya but I can't find my mouse.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,633,586 times
Quote:
U.S. REMOVES NUCLEAR AND RADIOLOGICAL MATERIALS FROM IRAQ
Low-enriched U-235 is not a nuclear weapons material. Try and make a nuclear bomb with it - good luck. You can't. Iraq's LEU was well-known before the war and was not a cause of concern, and a wide range of countries have LEU. The prewar claims (wrong and absurd, as it turns out, and as many predicted at the time) were that Iraq somehow had weapons-grade HEU, and was trying (or already had) developed a weapon based on HEU (again, pretty absurd considering the state of Iraq's economy and tech sector in the early 2000's).

But when scientists and others pointed this out in 2002, they were ignored while braying idiots made claim after claim, each more absurd than the last.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That one. The word "May" in the headline is the kicker. Thanks for proving my point. I'd rep ya but I can't find my mouse.
Obviously you can't find the link to click on either . Scared of what you may read? Why is it that liberals can't click on links and read them??

Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hmmmm
Quote:
In a joint Energy and Defense Department operation, 1.77 metric tons of low-enriched uranium and approximately 1000 highly radioactive sources were secured from Iraq's former nuclear research facility, packaged and then airlifted on June 23, the press statement said.
Nice agitprop - half truths are so much better than full lies when you want to confer a materially false impression.

That facility is also known as Tuwaitha, it was fully monitored by the IAEA, sealed and controlled, and everybody knew what materials were stored there well before the war. No hidden surprise, no major coup, not the slightest bit of evidence of misdeeds on part of the Iraq regime. In fact, the only time that facility wasn't under monitoring and control was when the US Army stumbled on it, broke the IAEA seals and then - I swear, I am not making this up - left it behind without guarding it, after which the locals promptly looted it. Nice work, there.

But the GWB admin, with precious little to show for their much-trumpeted invasion, kinda-sorta forgot to mention those inconvenient facts.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
That exact rumor, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies