Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
How were conservatives justifying the Iraq war after it was revealed that no WMD were found? About 10 years ago, I didn't have much internet access to see arguments in the online political community. For those who did, how did conservatives defend GW after no WMDs were found in Iraq?
About 10 years ago, I didn't have much internet access to see arguments in the online political community. For those who did, how did conservatives defend GW after no WMDs were found in Iraq?
How did they defend it?--"Hillary voted for it."

I have not even read all the posts in this thread, but I bet if I go back and count--half will have the name Hillary Clinton in it.

Guess who didn't vote for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 01:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"Can't dispute those facts?"

You mean you can't change paperwork to say something else?

Are you friggin kidding me?
so you are saying that official OER's and discharge papers are not valid......

have proof of this,.......????

don't make false accusations

or are you willing to be subjected to a defamation law suit???

Old 12-09-2013, 01:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
How did they defend it?--"Hillary voted for it."

I have not even read all the posts in this thread, but I bet if I go back and count--half will have the name Hillary Clinton in it.

Guess who didn't vote for it?
who cares about a vote in 2002...

how about who was stating these things

"Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

Madeleine Albright, President Clinton's Secretary of State
Town Hall Meeting on Iraq at Ohio State University
February 18, 1998

=================================
"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1999

==================================

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Addressing the US House of Representatives
October 10, 2002
Congressional Record, p. H7777

=============================

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Senator Edward Kennedy (Democrat, Massachusetts)
Speech at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
September 27, 2002

=========================

"As a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I firmly believe that the issue of Iraq is not about politics. It's about national security. We know that for at least 20 years, Saddam Hussein has obsessively sought weapons of mass destruction through every means available. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons today. He has used them in the past, and he is doing everything he can to build more. Each day he inches closer to his longtime goal of nuclear capability -- a capability that could be less than a year away.

The path of confronting Saddam is full of hazards. But the path of inaction is far more dangerous. This week, a week where we remember the sacrifice of thousands of innocent Americans made on 9-11, the choice could not be starker. Had we known that such attacks were imminent, we surely would have used every means at our disposal to prevent them and take out the plotters. We cannot wait for such a terrible event -- or, if weapons of mass destruction are used, one far worse -- to address the clear and present danger posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq."

Senator John Edwards (Democrat, North Carolina)
US Senate floor statement: "Iraqi Dictator Must Go"
September 12, 2002

===============================

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

Al Gore, Former Clinton Vice-President
Speech to San Francisco Commonwealth Club
September 23, 2002

-----------------------------------------------------

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Former President Clinton
During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"
July 22, 2003

============================

"Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance -- not even today -- of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003

-------------------

"The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed.

13,000 chemical bombs were dropped by the Iraqi Air Force between 1983 and 1988, while Iraq has declared that 19,500 bombs were consumed during this period. Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes."

Dr. Hans Blix, Chief UN Weapons Inspector
Addressing the UN Security Council
January 27, 2003

=============================
I know what I saw, I know what I helped destroy

Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 — The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center’s commander said here today.

“These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes … they do constitute weapons of mass destruction,” Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.

The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.

The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.

Pretty remarkable, considering that you say “there were no WMDs found in Iraq.”

Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
About 10 years ago, I didn't have much internet access to see arguments in the online political community. For those who did, how did conservatives defend GW after no WMDs were found in Iraq?
1. I opposed intervention in Iraq. Why? Iraq and Iran were/are natural enemies and it pays to keep them fighting each other.

2. There were WMDs. Ask the Kurds.

3. There were WMDs (see Syria today).

4. Do I think Sadaam would have used WMDs against the US? No

5. Do I think Sadaam would have used WMDs against Israel? Probably- he certainly sent a fair share of SCUDs.

6. I did not care for the policies of Bush. Unlike a liberal, who will support and defend Obama regardless of policy, I have the freedom to say whether I like the policies of a conservative president or not.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You really should stick with the facts.

Bush did not "skip out" of the National Guard. He did take time off, but actually put in slightly more hours than required. He was discharged with the rank of 2nd Lt.

Have you ever served in the military? Apparently not because anyone who has knows that in order for you to serve six years and never get promoted higher than what you came in as means that you are a royal screw up or never went to drills. Ask the average person who served where are their discharge papers, I bet a dime to a doughnut many of them can tell you where they are accept someone who is trying to hide their failures in the military.

Maybe you should have told the many Democrats in Congress who voted for it that it was an "unnecessary war."

Like I said before the way that administration was accusing people of being "soft on terror" and being "unpatriotic" many of them feared their political careers. As far as I'm concerned this was still not an excuse to go along with something that you knew was wrong. Why don't you mention the democrats and few republicans that did not go along with the war?

The "Mission Accomplished" banner was not his idea. But it was accurate; it meant that major combat in Iraq was over and it was.

Now I KNOW that you have no clue about the military and are just repeating what you have been told. One of the things that they teach you is not to taunt your enemy, which if he was attentive in OTS he would have known that. To top it off, since he had no combat experience what so ever he continued to surround himself with "yes men" who were like minded cowards as well. I think only three people out of his whole cabinet ever served admirally anyway.

He had a cabinet of draft dodgers? We had a president who was a draft dodger (William the Impeached).
I believe that his cabinet had more members who served than Bush did, besides we are talking about your past "Coward in Command"

Old 12-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Another untruth. Bin Laden was on the "most wanted" list since the 9/11 attacks and there were still thousands of U.S. troops in Afghanistan searching for him even after the invasion of Iraq.
So you are saying for 8 years Bush could not find him or was'nt really looking for him. Maybe if you quit listening to the "Aussie Network" which supported any and everything Bush you actually might learn something. Besides should I believe you or my lying eyes and ears?

George W. Bush: Catching bin Laden is Not the Top Priority ...

FLASHBACK: Bush On Bin Laden: 'I Really Just Don't Spend …

Maybe Richard Clark could spread some light on the subject:

Richard Clarke - Bin Laden Not A Priority For Bush, Clinton ...

Old 12-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh so we are to belive a propaganda site called 'awolbush' dot com

meanwhile the facts

bush's OER (officer evaluation report) shows no lost time
bush's discharge papers (NG200 or USAR 214) show no lost time

cant dispute those facts

Hmmm, please ask anyone who actually served how long does it take someone to acheive the rank of
1st Lt? I doubt very seriously that they say 6 years!

Those are not the only records that can prove lost time. His pay records myseriously "disappeared"

How can you not believe that Bush got special treatment in the National Guard because of his father? I have seen politician's who are virtual nobodies pull the same crap today with their kids so why is so hard to believe a powerful Texas politician could not do than?

Old 12-09-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
W is the main reason a man named Barack Hussein Obama could become president...
Ah, someone else can see through the B.S! If Bush and republican party did not bend this country over so bad Obama would never have been president. Hell, Chris Rock could ran and beat just about any republican after Bush. This is proably the reason why no really qualified republican ran against him because they did not want to ruin their political careers and they got stuck with an Old man and a dimwit!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Hey, don't be so hard on the lying/draft-dodger/guilty of perjury/obstruction of justice ex-president! (Bill Clinton/William the Impeached).

Aww come-on everyone and their mother knew that was nothing more than a witch hunt. Even presidents and PMs of other countries were laughing at the U.S because our president got a little "brain" from a political groupie and lied about because of his marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies