Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:30 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,281,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Nonsmoker here, butt why do the real ones need to be banned, cant peple just decide for themselves?
They are not going to ban them when the government is making tons of money on taxing them. The current push against e-cigs is for that same reason. People going to vaping from smoking is costing them and big tobacco money. They can't have that.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

E-cigs are great, and they're helping a LOT of people quit or cut back on analogs, but their existence doesn't/wouldn't justify outlawing the real thing. That won't happen for a long time, if ever, by the way - tobacco is too large a part of the economy, and you would effectively bankrupt North Carolina overnight. Then there's the issues of the enormous black market that would be created by it...
Agreed, and nice rig you have there

this is what I ended up with two months into vaping:

Behind my mech and RBA there to the right is the miserable little e-cig I started with. It's called the Smart (tm) e-cig and is sold in the local flea market. Note: Any product labeled "Smart" is only smart for the one selling it.

I started vaping July 2nd and have not had a cigarette since. I was smoking as much as 3 packs a day, and spending a god-awful amount of money on it. I'm so very happy to be free of that horrid habit, and I greatly enjoy my new hobby. Vaping is much more satisfying for me than smoking ever was.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,473,148 times
our government makes good $$$ at taxing cigs. they will not outlaw it.
no different than if I find a little leaf that will power my house and car and everything that uses electricity, for 1.00 per year. If I discover such a thing, I will commit suicide by stabbing myself in the back multiple times, then jumping off a large building. I will also write a departure letter, although not in my handwriting.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:16 AM

11,176 posts, read 10,758,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
no different than if I find a little leaf that will power my house and car and everything that uses electricity, for 1.00 per year. If I discover such a thing, I will commit suicide by stabbing myself in the back multiple times, then jumping off a large building. I will also write a departure letter, although not in my handwriting.
My first good laugh of the day. +1

Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
If you discover such a thing you will not have to kill yourself. THEY will do it for you.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,477,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Since there is ZERO smoke associated with vaping, banning vaping would simply prove how stupid government is.

There is much more to cigarettes than nicotine. Much, much more. And you can vape zero nicotine.

I don't know why people who don't have a clue feel the need to post about what they don't know.
Perception is reality in politics. It doesn't matter what's real so much as what people believe.

If an unscrupulous politician thinks he can gain attention and popularity by crusading against something harmless then he'll do it.

Like banning assault weapons to be seen as doing something about gun violence, when practically none of the gun deaths are due to assault weapons. Or like when they banned DDT and marijuana for safety reasons when DDT was keeping malaria at bay and marijuana is known to be medicinally beneficial.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:25 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,178,818 times
I bought a couple of those Blu ecigs. Not the same but they work in a pinch. I quit smoking like two weeks ago, I've cheated a couple times but overall I haven't smoked, either cigarettes or the ecigs. I feel a hell of a lot better, let me tell you. And, since I've cut down drastically on my drinking as well, I've lost at least a couple pounds.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,096,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Agreed, and nice rig you have there

this is what I ended up with two months into vaping:

Behind my mech and RBA there to the right is the miserable little e-cig I started with. It's called the Smart (tm) e-cig and is sold in the local flea market. Note: Any product labeled "Smart" is only smart for the one selling it.

I started vaping July 2nd and have not had a cigarette since. I was smoking as much as 3 packs a day, and spending a god-awful amount of money on it. I'm so very happy to be free of that horrid habit, and I greatly enjoy my new hobby. Vaping is much more satisfying for me than smoking ever was.
I started vaping 2 years ago after 30 odd years of smoking and haven't had a real cig since. Laying in a hospital bed with 2 more stents in my chest my doctor came in and said "smoke one more day and you're a dead man". I asked him about ecigs as I was already contemplating switching and he replied "that's fine, its not the nicotine that's killing you but all the other toxins".
So far my pulmonary doc,cardiologist and general doctor all approve of what I'm doing.

Those units that look like cigs are imo a scam, don't work well and cost more to use than a unit like you've got, I switched out to a tank as well btw.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I started vaping 2 years ago after 30 odd years of smoking and haven't had a real cig since. Laying in a hospital bed with 2 more stents in my chest my doctor came in and said "smoke one more day and you're a dead man". I asked him about ecigs as I was already contemplating switching and he replied "that's fine, its not the nicotine that's killing you but all the other toxins".
So far my pulmonary doc,cardiologist and general doctor all approve of what I'm doing.

Those units that look like cigs are imo a scam, don't work well and cost more to use than a unit like you've got, I switched out to a tank as well btw.
You make a quite important point here, it's not the nicotine that's harmful in cigarettes, it's the hundreds of other nasty chemicals. Nicotine is not a mutagen, not carcinogenic, and yet it's the one thing in an e-cig it's detractors seize upon to vilify them.

One rather nasty man at a bar I was in denounced my vape as just a nicotine delivery device, giving me a nasty look as he did so, looking down his nose at me. Vaping is allowed in that bar, and of course there are those who come there and put on faked shows of coughing and sneezing while glaring at the person vaping.

If it were not so ignorant and hateful it would be comical. I guess it's about anything at all you can use to get on someone else about.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,096,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
You make a quite important point here, it's not the nicotine that's harmful in cigarettes, it's the hundreds of other nasty chemicals. Nicotine is not a mutagen, not carcinogenic, and yet it's the one thing in an e-cig it's detractors seize upon to vilify them.

One rather nasty man at a bar I was in denounced my vape as just a nicotine delivery device, giving me a nasty look as he did so, looking down his nose at me. Vaping is allowed in that bar, and of course there are those who come there and put on faked shows of coughing and sneezing while glaring at the person vaping.

If it were not so ignorant and hateful it would be comical. I guess it's about anything at all you can use to get on someone else about.
Well what I tell people who look askance at me is if you've got something against nicotine then you'd better quit eating several things like tomatoes, potatoes etc.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...tain-nicotine/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies