Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,610,509 times

Advertisements

Where is everyone getting the hi-tech contraptions? The only thing I've seen around here are the ones that look like cigarettes. I bought one but . . it's very basic. I'm seeing things here like flavors - chocolate . . that would be wonderful!

Guess I'll have to look online.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,281,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Where is everyone getting the hi-tech contraptions? The only thing I've seen around here are the ones that look like cigarettes. I bought one but . . it's very basic. I'm seeing things here like flavors - chocolate . . that would be wonderful!

Yes, you do have to go online. I am fortunate to live near a vape store that carries all those high tech contraptions, but in general you have to go online for that stuff and get what's called vapemail headed your way.

What kind of hardware might you be looking for? Personally I started out with the el-cheapo cig-alike thing, and quickly tired of it. It just plain sucked and I knew there had to be a better way. There was of course. You might want to check out some of these sites:

Triangle Vape LLC
Welcome to FreE-Cigs.com - Live Free
GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
VapingCraze - Electronic Cigarettes, E Cigarettes, E-Cigs
Welcome to SmokTek, LLC - The Better Smoking Alternative - Your source for personal vaporizers, e-cig supplies and e-liquids

That should get you started.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,262,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Many major cities have vape meets monthly. I'm heading out to Memphis to one today. It's a great way to see other mods, try different liquids and get other peoples views on different equipment.
There is also a website called e-cig forum. People there can answer just about any question you might have, and point you to reputable online stores.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:23 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,281,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I was looking into a RBA, but I really like the plug and play of a carto tank. The flavor is better on a RBA though.
I have to balance ease of use with flavor. My MPV can go 3 days on a charge, and a tank will only need one refill a day.
Well what mod are you using now? I'm guess it's a regulated mod like the Provari or Vamo. If so an RBA might be a bit of overkill for your mod, and you would have to learn to make your own wicks and coils. Many vapers prefer not to get into that and instead go for the convenience of the carto and clearo tanks.

I used a Kanger Protank for a while, on a 1300 Vision spinner battery and for a time it was really nice, but I wanted more, and progressed to the mech and RBA rig, which I'm currently very happy with. Your mileage may vary of course. An RBA will work on a regulated mod, and very well at that, but again you will need to learn how to make your own wicks and wind your own coils.

This means buying the wicking and coiling materials, generally stainless steel mesh, 400#-500#, and kanthal resistance wire, usually 28 ga. - 32 ga. You will also need hand torch, and a few other little tools. See why some just stick with cartos?

Having said all that, I'll add that successfully setting up your RBA for the fist time and getting it vaping good is a VERY satisfying experience

Then too you will want the means to check the ohms resistance in your RBA before putting it on your mod. Some mods, like the Vamo give you this function built in, so you are set to go. What you are looking to avoid there is a hard short, which can cost you a battery, which is a bummer.

You cannot go sub-ohm (below 1 ohm resistance) on a regulated mod, it won't let you. That's why some of us go with mechanical mods. You don't have to go sub-ohm, it's a matter of preference, and many use RBA's well over 1 ohm on their regulated mods.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,262,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well what mod are you using now? I'm guess it's a regulated mod like the Provari or Vamo. If so an RBA might be a bit of overkill for your mod, and you would have to learn to make your own wicks and coils. Many vapers prefer not to get into that and instead go for the convenience of the carto and clearo tanks.

Having said all that, I'll add that successfully setting up your RBA for the fist time and getting vaping good is a VERY satisfying experience

I used a Kanger Protank for a while, on a 1300 Vision spinner battery and for a time it was really nice, but I wanted more, and progressed to the mech and RBA rig, which I'm currently very happy with. Your mileage may vary of course. An RBA will work on a regulated mod, and very well at that, but again you will need to learn how to make your own wicks and wind your own coils.

This means buying the wicking and coiling materials, generally stainless steel mesh, 400#-500#, and kanthal resistance wire, usually 28 ga. - 32 ga. You will also need hand torch, and a few other little tools. See why some just stick with cartos?

Then too you will want the means to check the ohms resistance in your RBA before putting it on your mod. Some mods, like the Vamo give you this function built in, so you are set to go. What you are looking to avoid there is a hard short, which can cost you a battery, which is a bummer.

You cannot go sub-ohm (below 1 ohm resistance) on a regulated mod, it won't let you. That's why some of us go with mechanical mods. You don't have to go sub-ohm, it's a matter of preference, and many use RBA's well over 1 ohm on their regulated mods.
My go to daily mod is a MPV. I also have a GLV, an Apex Ultra (mechanical), a custom made pipe (3.7 Mechanical), an original Nucks fistpack, a clone of the fistpack, and a few random tube mods.

I'm not much of a tinkerer with little things. I love tearing down walls, and building stuff, but working on little bitty things drives me nuts. So, maybe a RBA isn't for me.

Thanks for the info. I do like to watch people work on theirs at the local meet though.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 AM

27,281 posts, read 15,433,210 times
Is it permissible to vape & post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies