Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 10:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Therefore I guess you aren't able to read or you need a good pair of glasses.

That map makes it look like too much sun shine is the cause. I live in NH.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
outdated? in your opinion, tell that to the women who is being raped right now somewhere in America...you are aware the in such a strict laws, the criminals would not obey said laws...right?

No its called being a victor not a victim, how is confusing cause with effect, it understanding the police are not going to protect you, its not their job..

Why would I want a knife to fight of pythons when I could have a pistol.

What nation do you live in?
I asked Neuling where in Euro he lives and i was told Portugal. That country is a little smaller than Indiana. I bet it's a nice place to be, and the govt is small enough it can't trample peoples rights very much.

He probably doesn't understand that violent offenders here in the USA get paroled and released. He probably doesn't understand the reason parole happens is so the violent offenders have a good chance to be released and if they didn't crimes in the USA would be far worse than they are now.

Take all chance away of being released and a violent offender won't leave victims alive at all.

He probably doesn't know that violent offenders are released for no other reason than the system wants them to re-commit a crime, it is predictable they will, and some new victim will in fact be created by the system of injustice just for that very reason.

It's GOOD for the system to have violent offenders. This creates a state tax base to protect the interest of the state

It's BAD for 'We the People' to shoot violent offenders, because that costs less than a buck in most cases, and state can't get fee's fines and taxes out of it.

Parole is just good business for the state, and the proggy libs who are not Liberals at all just love it.

Liberals and proggy libs have nothing in common. Proggy Libs are just brain dead Politically Correct.

Real Liberals constantly bear in mind that to be liberal means the first most important thing in you head is LIBERTY. With out liberty there are no liberals.

Proggy Libs hate Liberty.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
We simply honor human life more, even that of criminals, which is why we have abolished the death penalty, no matter how terrible the crimes committed... Europe is more NT, the US more AT

Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, it has already been mentioned that in the US protecting society is not the job of the police anymore. I find that a bit regrettable...

It doesn't really matter what you kill the pythons with The point is that your constitution and laws allow, almost promote the spread of guns. And as a consequence you have all those armed criminals out there that people feel they need to protect themselves from. I just don't want such an arms race.

I expect not to be robbed, attacked etc., whether I am at home or outside. That expectation, based on my trust in our more or less competent police force and also in a more or less peaceful society, prevents me from feeling like I need to protect myself. And the vast majority of people I know feel that way as well.

It is a totally different approach compared to the US.

Of course there is also some crime here, occasionally there are murders etc. But we do not take them for granted, they are considered shocking exceptions so to speak. Thus we continue to trust it won't happen to us. And usually that is the way it is.
For no better reason than nothing to do I have suffered cops in my home more than once and in my cars more than once and they just smash and bash items as they please. The more you show you care about what they break, the more they make sure it's broken.

The cops like shooting dogs which are family pets as well. Don't take my word for it google it. Once a cop at my place the WRONG place was going to shoot my dog in the head, but thought better of it when he noticed MY double barrel 12 ga was pointed at his HEAD!

It's a god damned good thing he didn't shoot my dog, because i would blown his head clean off. The chief wasn't happy a few hours later either. I had him in the office a tad early that morning, and made it clear that if either of the 2 cops ever again came to my house that the chief would need to bring 2 body bags to recover them.

In the USA anymore the cops are no different than the criminals.. Crooks serve themselves, and Cops serve the State who serves itself and in turn serves the cops.

Of course shooting a kids dogs in front of them does wonders for the Police Image So does bashing grandma's priceless china...

In the USA now, it takes SWAT 2.5 hours longer to 'suit up' than it takes the average American house wife to get dressed and apply her make up. serious......

You are making a mistake of thinking both cops and criminals will be as polite as you will be. In both cases that is just plain wrong thinking.

In both cases their aim is to CONTROL. To continue to speak and be polite is going to be costly in both cases.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
We simply honor human life more, even that of criminals, which is why we have abolished the death penalty, no matter how terrible the crimes committed... Europe is more NT, the US more AT
Life in the USA is worth less than 78 cents each.......

Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
When someone is scared of criminals, for instance because they live in a rough neighborhood, I understand why they feel like they need arms (not just guns) to protect themselves in the US. But I do distinguish them from those people who simply like guns and want to be armed just for the sake of it, for instance because they think that it is cool or simply because they have the right to.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The same reason the rest of you do ~ fear.
fear is a good thing..... it's why I carry a spare tire and a jack, it's why i don't swim with the Great White Sharks, and why I don't demonstrate sticking my head in a lions mouth, why I don't stick swords in a Bull, why I don't rob banks and steal drugs from a pharmacy, and why I don't spend money i don't have, and won't have a credit card in the first place because I know i like spending.

Fear is good to me it assists my determination of every day living...... This is why i don't have 546 kids running around all over the place.....

If the SOB that killed my in laws had a healthy respect of FEAR he and my in laws might all be alive today.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Well, if they don't obey the law, they are criminals. In this case one might think that they are caught, disarmed and sentenced Before they commit crimes, they are just armed potential criminals, which obviously is fine with your constitution and laws, though...
LOL I think you just convicted every civil servant we have, and every for life long politician we have too.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Fear is a wasted emotion. There is a slim chance violence will be directed my way and the most efficient means to protect me and my family involves 115 grains of lead and copper traveling at 1140 feet per second out of a 4" barrel.
I hope you hands feel that way when it is your life/lives at stake.

I know the night mine were, I had one hell of a time pointing a shotgun with one hand on a hard wire phone and the other pointing at said bad guy.

Wasted or not, it's hard getting your head set straight to shoot. With each dose of Fear should come with a lot of salt, and a big cup of water.

I hope if and when there is any next time i will be better, waste less time and not feel as sick as i was the first time.

I know i won't call for any help... That was my first mistake.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Quote:
They don't have to protect me specifically, but society as a whole, which is their job. This creates an atmosphere where I can feel safe.

It's a totally different mindset...
I chopped up a few posts to make a point. Your responses use "we", "society" and many other collective terms. The United States is a country of individuals. It is a different mindset. Look at our Bill of Rights. Those are all rights of the individual. I don't have to belong to a specific group to exercise them.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned the social contract yet. There is none. A contract is between two willing parties. I have zero obligation to my fellow man/woman other than to not infringe on their rights. Does that mean I am an evil, uncaring person? No. I help a LOT of people via charities and personally. Does that mean I have to help everyone? No. I may help him, him and him but not him. Why not? Again, I don't have to have a reason or if I do, I don't have to let anyone know. Free association.

Quote:
Well, do what you want, but to me you are just an outdated fool and I am happy I don't have anything to do with people like you
That's free association like I mentioned above. Unlike younger people, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest by amassing the most Facebook friends. Although I would not participate in Mac's activities, I do find them interesting. I'm not trying to outlaw them. Owning weapons is not only a right here in the U.S., it is also an activity. If people don't like them them don't participate. Just don't try to stop me from participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies