Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:54 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,521,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I didn't know that you personally talked to Assad and discussed this over blueberry muffins and twig tea.

Leave this matter to the heavy-hitters. President Obama and his staff. They are far more privy to the what's going on here than you are. There is no room here for the typical doomsday narrative from the clueless Right.
Doomsday narrative?

Dude, do you know what war is?

I have no trust in Obama as he is doing EXACTLY what Bush would have done.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,789,646 times
Quote:
I didn't know that you personally talked to Assad and discussed this over blueberry muffins and twig tea.

Leave this matter to the heavy-hitters. President Obama and his staff. They are far more privy to the what's going on here than you are. There is no room here for the typical doomsday narrative from the clueless Right.
If some of the posts you put up weren't so pathetic I would probably laugh.

See your post #5. Are you one of the heavy-hitters that is privy to what's going and an advisor to Obama seeing as how you think Obama should handle the situation??

Old 08-27-2013, 02:39 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,645,946 times
Civilians get murdered in battleplaces around the globe. That's never the actual reason for US intervention, nor should it be - that would be an expensive strategic mess. US foreign policy is not based on concerns over the fate of civilians. It derives from geopolitics and financial goals, which are closely entwined. Something like the Roberts article in the WSJ is merely how the government slaps a happy humanitarian face on its actions.

Which brings us to...

Quote:
I suspect that Assad feels he is not making progress, or is not doing so fast enough. So he murdered Syrian civilians.
You only believe that because the US government claimed it was so. What gives you so much faith in the US government to be truthful in such matters? One of the main lessons from the Iraq war (and really, many wars before that) is that the government will claim what it wants to claim, and if that happens to intersect with the actual truth of things, all the better. If not, no problem.

So to summarize:

-You have no proof Assad gassed anyone.

-Even if Assad did, it is not a problem to be resolved at American taxpayer expense. A map will reveal that Syria is a good 5,000 miles from American shores. Thankfully.

It would be foolish to erase that distance with a silly military "intervention."

Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,577,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Are you serious? Is this satire? Part of the reason Assad is doing this is because he thinks our current president is weak and that "redlines in the sand" are nothing more than blurbs to feed Obama's adoring media, so he isn't afraid of American reprisals. This is the ultimate no-win situation.
Yes President Obama is so weak he got Bin Laden and flushed his butt into the ocean. I feel for the Syrian people but why don't we let our "middle east" henchmen take care of Assad ala the Jews? We give them enough money anyways.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:07 AM

20,129 posts, read 16,190,006 times
Quote:
Oh yes, because I am sure Obama and his heavy hitters can do an equal job over there like what they have done domestically.
Quote:
Don't be silly! We discussed it over hot chocolate and homemade peanutbutter cookies. I was kind of hoping he was allergic to peanuts, and then I wouldn't have to worry about my husband being sent over there, but he wasn't. Darn.

The stakes are always high in this household in these kind of events. I always watch the news with with a lot of interest when sabers are starting to be rattled.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Yes President Obama is so weak he got Bin Laden and flushed his butt into the ocean. I feel for the Syrian people but why don't we let our "middle east" henchmen take care of Assad ala the Jews? We give them enough money anyways.
Obama did not FIND OBL. It was our military. What Obama did, after much hemming and hawing and convincing by the experts, gave the order. He said: YES. Big damn deal. If the military just happened to have come across OBL by chance and had him cornered and in sight do you think they would have checked in as to what their next move should be and wait for Obama to get back to them?

Your statement about the Jews is disgusting.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 AM

720 posts, read 706,823 times
Quote:

Heavy Hitters ?? If you mean the thug from Chicago and his goons? I always thought liberals ran on 8 brain cells.....I was wrong, its only 4.....

Old 08-27-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh yes, because I am sure Obama and his heavy hitters can do an equal job over there like what they have done domestically.
Don't be silly! We discussed it over hot chocolate and homemade peanutbutter cookies. I was kind of hoping he was allergic to peanuts, and then I wouldn't have to worry about my husband being sent over there, but he wasn't. Darn.

The stakes are always high in this household in these kind of events. I always watch the news with with a lot of interest when sabers are starting to be rattled.
Seems the only saber rattling that many people pay attention to is the saber being rattled by Obama.

They either absorb the fear he wants to put in them, or they believe the lies that he tells.

There's a very good chance that the stakes could get very high. Where is the US going to get the military to stay in another war for years? If we go into Syria, we will have troops in Syria and Afghanistan, and now Iraq is asking for help - and Iraq is critical to Syria. Will Obama just reroute our troops who have done multiple tours (in Iraq and Afghanistan) out of Afghanistan to Syria and Iraq? Our military is running on fumes. I don't think there are enough people who would want to volunteer for another war.

(Love the peanut allergy!!!)

Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,555,220 times
Obama appears to hate sunni muslims, doesn't he?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:22 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,865,219 times
Liberals be honest if this was pres. Bush trying to enter another middle eastern hot spot, you would be protesting in the streets and the main street media would be howling with antiwar rhetoric.

bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies