Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What does anything you just said have to do with a verified report of a Bayonet up Ambassador Steven's Ass?
I never posted that.

Ghadaffi got the bayonet up his butt and the USG's story fell apart when the video of it got posted.

How Stevens died is what we're being told. That's all we have.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Great deflection. Might as well tip over a school bus in the middle of the road and put up an arrow pointing left.

Reagan was a president who wanted to solve the illegal immigration problem. Bush 1 tested the waters for immigration reform. Clinton started an initiative to solve the immigration problem, Bush 2 floated a bill to solve illegal immigration. suddenly republicans act as though Obama invented immigration reform. You guys have absolutely no moral scruples. At least politically.
You left out the part where the gang of 8's reform bill doesn't actually do much to address what is actually broken with the immigration system.
You also neglected to point out how Obama paraded a Chemical engineer on stage as if she represents the average illegal, which she doesn't. The private sector would be in court for false advertising if they pulled that stunt.
You left out that part of the deal with Reagan's amnesty were congress was supposed to fund increased border security. Congress didn't keep their end of the bargain.
I don't know about you, but I was always taught Never reward a cheat. We allow more immigration than all countries combined. Illegals have no excuse for breaking our laws, just as I would have no excuse for knowingly buying stolen goods.
Obama is the one who said no head of line pass. He is the one who said illegals would have to follow the same path as legals who are waiting their turn.
He flipped on that and now doesn't expect illegals to do any of what legals have to do. I and my wife have to wait 7 years for my step daughter to be eligible for her green card. We broke no laws nor did my daughter. Now tell me how this is just. Tell why illegals deserve a free pass ahead of those who obey the law.

Last edited by tinman01; 09-02-2013 at 01:05 PM..

Old 09-02-2013, 12:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It didn't rebuild aging infrastructure did it ?
A lot went to wasted projects because it was use it or lose it in several months time.
We did get a lot of worthless signs out of the deal tho.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:59 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I personally dont give a rats ass what China, Russia, Iran or UN do. If the GOP wants to dance to their music, that will be a choice they will regret later. Mark my words.
With Obama dancing to the music of Muslim terrorists and hardliners, do you think it will be something he will regret later?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I personally dont give a rats ass what China, Russia, Iran or UN do. If the GOP wants to dance to their music, that will be a choice they will regret later. Mark my words.
Are you Pinky or The Brain ?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
With Obama dancing to the music of Muslim terrorists and hardliners, do you think it will be something he will regret later?
No, I don't think he will ever regret it because he's doing it right now.

He knows he's supporting AQ; it's most Americans that don't know that.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:04 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You left out the part where the gang of 8's reform bill doesn't actually do much to address what is actually broken with the immigration system.
You also neglected to point out how Obama paraded a Chemical engineer on stage as if she represents the average illegal, which she doesn't. The private sector would be in court for false advertising if they pulled that stunt.
You left out that part of the deal with Reagan's amnesty was congress was supposed to fund increased border security. Congress didn't keep their end of the bargain.
I don't know about you, but I was always taught Never reward a cheat. We allow more immigration than all countries combined. Illegals have no excuse for breaking our laws, just as I would have no excuse for knowingly buying stolen goods.
Obama is the one who said no head of line pass. He is the one who said illegals would have to follow the same path as legals who are waiting their turn.
He flipped on that and now doesn't expect illegals to do any of what legals have to do. I and my wife have to wait 7 years for my step daughter to be eligible for her green card. We broke no laws nor did my daughter. Now tell me how this is just. Tell why illegals deserve a free pass ahead of those who obey the law.

Wasn't the only time either in "immigration reform".

Not to count the other times when once they get what they want promises that made to get it were reneged on.

As with firearms ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't really care what he may, or may not regret later, but according to his opponents, he is playing his own music. Has the story changed?

Maybe you need to go back to your Iranian three step dance, or you will be called a traitor.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
I don't really care what he may or may not regret later, but according to his opponents, he is playing his own music. Has the story changed?
Well, some of those "hate anything Obama" people still dust off those old 78 rpms.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
No.....as far as I know, there has never been any talk of Ambassador Stevens being tortured in Washington circles. The Libyans who were friendly to Stevens found him and actually removed him to a local hospital for treatment and there were no marks of abuse at that time as far as anything I've ever heard. But then again, I could be wrong, but I certainly don't buy all the vague innuendo passed off as fact by those who dislike our president and his policies just for the purpose of adding gas to the fire.
This is accurate. I watched the video of the Libyans carrying Stevens out of the house. It was in Arabic and I asked my husband what was being said. When they realized he was alive they were praising God and shouting to get the Ambassador to the hospital right away. Stevens died in the hospital.

Now..........having said that, there may be more and we just don't know. It would have looked pretty bad for the US and Libya if the US government released information that something horrible was done to Stevens. The Libyan doctor that treated him was interviewed and he never indicated that something horrible happened to Stevens. The story about how he protected Steven's body in the hospital and getting it to the airport is interesting. He was worried about the rebels getting the body and felt he was being set up (by police/military?) on the route he was to take to the airport and he diverted from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies