Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't think there will be an invasion. I'm thinking bombing. Which is ironic, considering the civilians, including children will be killed as retaliation for chemical weapons killing civilians, including children.

And Putin probably sold Syria the chemical weapons.
Not if they widely announce that they're bombing military installations in advance, and then they just target those facilities. The Syrian army is already evacuating military installations that they expect to be targeted. My understanding, at this point at least, is that the goal is to take out all of their airports and military facilities, crippling Syria's ability to conduct an attack, vs. mass causalities by random bombing. It wouldn't stop Syria from manufacturing chemical or biological weapons on the side in other facilities, but it won't be easy for them to use them. This was a strategy that worked very well in the Kosovo war against Yugoslavia and it's attacks against the Serbs. I'm sure we're watching their troop movements by satellite, so if they choose to move equipment into residential areas, then they're bringing an attack down on their own citizens heads.
Syria Evacuates Most Army Buildings In Damascus In Preparation For Western Military Strike: Residents

Old 09-03-2013, 02:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Kerry is now talking ground troops in Syria.
He said he just wants to "leave that door open".

I TOLD YA we're going to invade.
I TOLD YA.....

Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kerry is now talking ground troops in Syria.
He said he just wants to "leave that door open".

I TOLD YA we're going to invade.
I TOLD YA.....
I heard what he said and you are trying to put a misleading spin on it.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:30 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Nice try. But it was you who tried to pin the Iraq debacle solely on the Bush Administration.

#FAIL
The Bush administration went to war with Iraq. Who else should I pin it on, my incontinent, demented, great Aunt Margie?

You a funny guy, Matt.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Not if they widely announce that they're bombing military installations in advance, and then they just target those facilities. The Syrian army is already evacuating military installations that they expect to be targeted. My understanding, at this point at least, is that the goal is to take out all of their airports and military facilities, crippling Syria's ability to conduct an attack, vs. mass causalities by random bombing. It wouldn't stop Syria from manufacturing chemical or biological weapons on the side in other facilities, but it won't be easy for them to use them. This was a strategy that worked very well in the Kosovo war against Yugoslavia and it's attacks against the Serbs. I'm sure we're watching their troop movements by satellite, so if they choose to move equipment into residential areas, then they're bringing an attack down on their own citizens heads.
Syria Evacuates Most Army Buildings In Damascus In Preparation For Western Military Strike: Residents
Right. You people seem to think ZERO civilians will get killed.

Our drones alone took out an entire civilian village in Yemen and we were told it was an AQ training camp.
A Yemen journalist showed the world otherwise.
'Did We Just Kill A Kid?'

Old 09-04-2013, 06:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Sen. Marco Rubio has split with Cruz and Paul.

“What happens in Syria is of vital national interest to the United States and to our national security,” the Florida Republican said at Tuesday’s hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. “What we’re seeing here now is proof and an example that when America ignores these problems, these problems don’t ignore us; that we can ignore them but eventually they grow, and they come to visit us at our doorstep.”

Old 09-04-2013, 06:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

“What happens in Syria is of vital national interest to the United States and to our national security,” the Florida Republican said at Tuesday’s hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. “What we’re seeing here now is proof and an example that when America ignores these problems, these problems don’t ignore us; that we can ignore them but eventually they grow, and they come to visit us at our doorstep.”
It's obvious that Rubio sees that in Florida the Tnut voting influence is waning. He is just trying to shape shift to a more viable course to be sent back to Senate. He has given up his illusion of Prez, so he's trying to get people think he stands for something else, yet he really stands for nothing.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Well I thought Elizabeth Warren would be against it since she promoted herself as a people's representative.
Looks like she's going to vote Yes although hasn't come out and said as much.
Instead she's praising Obama for going to Congress and talking about the atrocities done by Assad.

She's nothing more than a BAU politician

Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Rubio never had me fooled I knew from day one he would be a rubber stamping establishment {R} and it is laughable he tries to tie this into a national security issue. If {R}s are looking for another Bush they do not need Jeb they already have Rubio.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 AM

183 posts, read 295,570 times
I am curious as a non american why syria and not egypt (please enlighten me my guess is the conflict in syria has been going on longer than Egypt and it takes time to pass a bill)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies