Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,626,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Just announced on CNN. Jon Boehner and Eric Cantor have announced that they will support the president's military action in Syria. That covers the conservative republicans and the tea party faction.

I seem to recall posting that there was a lot more depth to this action than the general public is aware of. Be interesting to see how our anti Obama bots spin this bit of information

The President flies to Russia on Wednesday. He and Putin will do a face to face over Syria. No Cameras..
Hopefully Putin can calm him down and have him call off his invasion.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,141,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
President Barack Obama addressed the crisis in Syria on Saturday, saying he has decided the United States should take military action against regime targets, but that he will seek authorization from Congress before taking action.

"I will seek authorization for the use of force from the American people's representatives in Congress," Obama said during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

Obama said any action would "be designed to be limited in duration and scope."

Obama Says U.S. Should Take Action In Syria, Will Seek Congress' Authorization For Use Of Force

Good.

As he should.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,141,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hopefully Putin can calm him down and have him call off his invasion.
I don't think there will be an invasion. I'm thinking bombing. Which is ironic, considering the civilians, including children will be killed as retaliation for chemical weapons killing civilians, including children.

And Putin probably sold Syria the chemical weapons.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:34 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,683,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Kerry said he was going to present evidence on Thursday which came and went.
Then Kerry pointed to a 2003 photograph of dead Iraqis and told us to watch the youtube videos for proof.
Then on Saturday he got dead Syrian hair which has flouride in it as more proof.
Boehner and Cantor have fought the president on everything he has tried to do for 5 years. Going so far as to refuse to pay the bills and keep the lights on over the years. Now, on the first day back after labor day, before Congress has even re-convened, These two heavy weights for the republican party come out and publicly announce that they support the president's action.

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that there is much more going on concerning Syria than you imagined? What will happen, and the reasons why, have already been posted earlier in this thread. A thumbnail of the action is right under your nose.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,244,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, we thought the Republicans were idiots. Still do.
Lol... an ad hominem from a Canadian. Now that's rich!

Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,626,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Boehner and Cantor have fought the president on everything he has tried to do for 5 years. Going so far as to refuse to pay the bills and keep the lights on over the years. Now, on the first day back after labor day, before Congress has even re-convened, These two heavy weights for the republican party come out and publicly announce that they support the president's action.

Did it ever cross anyone's mind that there is much more going on concerning Syria than you imagined? What will happen, and the reasons why, have already been posted earlier in this thread. A thumbnail of the action is right under your nose.
Of course there's a lot more going on..there always has been. 7 countries in 5 years..preserve the petrodollar at all costs.
Well they are losing the petrodollar unless we invade Russia and China.

But Kerry is spewing new proof every day without ever having to actually show the proof.
He says Congress will see it but not the UN.

Congress hasn't see squat and they are already rolling over.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,244,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Did any of those individuals walk out of Iraq with any of those chemical weapons? No. Did we accomplish fewer lives lost as a result of our invasion? HELL NO.
Nice try. But it was you who tried to pin the Iraq debacle solely on the Bush Administration.

#FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
The lead-up and case-building for the war preyed upon the post 9/11 nationalism and the vulnerability of a frightened and paranoid public, who the Bush administration new damn well would eat up the "axis of evil, WMD, evil-doers" sh*t.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:10 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
No one will ever bring peace to the middle east. Only those in the middle east can establish peace.
They were doing pretty well before this administration decided the ME needed some hope and change because it didn't like the way the governments ran their countries. He preached his hope and change, planting the seed.

It doesn't matter how the people in these countries lived, what they believed, what kind of government rule they lived under - it was their life - they weren't threatening any other country, especially the US. And the US went in and had to turn countries up-side-down, leaving them with civil unrest and the ongoing fight between terrorists and governments fighting for control of these countries. We basically went in, screwed up these countries, and then abandoned them, and people are still dying every day in these countries that need to be "fixed". If the US thought a country was bad off and needed change, the US ended up leaving these countries worse off. What past president made it a mission to change an entire region?

Everything that is happening in the Middle East can be traced back to the Egyptian Arab Spring, which was engineered by the US government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/wo...ted=1&emc=eta1&

It's time that the US leave the region alone. So much damage has been done and cannot be undone. Thousands of people have died, families have been obliterated, people are fleeing from their homeland with no where to go, Christians may never be able to return to Syria, thousands of children have been left without a parent or no parent, and there isn't one country that has come out of it for the better. Sounds like the work of terrorists, doesn't it?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:25 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,894,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
They were doing pretty well before this administration decided the ME needed some hope and change because it didn't like the way the governments ran their countries. He preached his hope and change, planting the seed.
Yes, the ME was a bastion of peace and love before Obama came along and planted the seeds of hope and change. You are absolutely right. The unrest in the ME is the president's fault.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yes, the ME was a bastion of peace and love before Obama came along and planted the seeds of hope and change. You are absolutely right. The unrest in the ME is the president's fault.
If the disturbance was between countries, it was between those countries. Do we have to get involved in every country that is a threat to another country and not to the US? It was not the business of the US to get involved and ramp up bad to worse. Afghanistan was living under a 19th century mentality for decades and the US never had the need to change it. It wasn't until Bush invaded Afghanistan to look for OBL and it from search to nation building. Bush invaded Iraq because he perceived Iraq a threat to the region because it had WMD. Saddam had plenty of time to move those weapons. He was overthrown, no WMDs, and Iraq became a nation building project. Afghanistan and Iraq. The current state of the ME is a result of the Arab Spring which was engineered by this administration. Or do you believe that the US had no involvement, no influence and didn't finance it?

Do you really think that the US is HELPING the situations in the ME? If so, please educate me. Do you really think that the US engineering the Arab Spring worked out well for these countries and the region? Do you believe that the ME is better off today than it was in 2007? If so, please educate me. I must be missing something.

We have a president that is a peace activist and a gay rights activist in the international arena. Please point out one leader from one country that has done what Obama has done with going to such great lengths and got involved in countries to bring about regional peace and a president that preaches to countries as to what they should accept as part of their society?

Obama is the president of the United States which is the only country he is responsible for, he is not responsible for other countries nor does he have a right to dictate to other countries or change countries because the don't fit his idea of how a country should run. He is not the president of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies