Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,885,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Hopefully congress doesn't authorize it...
I guarantee Jude's stance on this issue would change dramatically, should these strikes be carried out over American soil.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,265,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Hopefully congress doesn't authorize it...
Agreed. There are more than enough forces in the region that US involvement isn't needed. Could it be that the Arab league wants the USA to do all the dirty work so that they can in turn blame us for any collateral damage and the chaos that will follow?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Agreed. There are more than enough forces in the region that US involvement isn't needed. Could it be that the Arab league wants the USA to do all the dirty work so that they can in turn blame us for any collateral damage and the chaos that will follow?
It's illogical and incomprehensible that an American president could think that any amount of money, weaponry, or military involvement could coerse the Middle East into acting like civilized human beings.

There's a reason why the US insists on keeping the Middle East weak from conflict, but I'm not sure what that reason is, just yet.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,798,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
It's illogical and incomprehensible that an American president could think that any amount of money, weaponry, or military involvement could coerse the Middle East into acting like civilized human beings.

There's a reason why the US insists on keeping the Middle East weak from conflict, but I'm not sure what that reason is, just yet.
Prior to the Obama administration it was about oil, oil, resources, and oil.

Obama changed that when he went on a mission to be the creator of Middle East peace.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

Obama changed that when he went on a mission to be the creator of Middle East peace.
So this is about Peace? Why is Aftrica not worthy of "peace"?

Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,151,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The US has the number 1 military in the world for a reason. And a coalition without us is sure to bring 5 times the casualties... The Arab League knows this as well as the European Union...

Old 09-02-2013, 04:15 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,798,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
So this is about Peace? Why is Aftrica not worthy of "peace"?
You would have to ask Obama about that. Bringing peace to the Middle East is meant to be part of his foreign policy legacy. Doesn't seem to be going very well does it? Maybe it's a good thing he's ignoring Africa. Every country that the US has stuck it's nose in has gone from bad to worse. If you think what is going on in Africa is horrible (which it is) imagine what it would look like if Obama got involved.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,151,204 times
Quote:
You would have to ask Obama about that. Bringing peace to the Middle East is meant to be part of his foreign policy legacy. Doesn't seem to be going very well does it? Maybe it's a good thing he's ignoring Africa. Every country that the US has stuck it's nose in has gone from bad to worse. If you think what is going on in Africa is horrible (which it is) imagine what it would look like if Obama got involved.
No one will ever bring peace to the middle east. Only those in the middle east can establish peace.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,353,790 times
Actually the whole thing is a lose-lose situation for Obama. All Assad has to do is admit that he had nothing to do with it and vow to find out who did it, but his lack of denial may be his undoing. Initially I had some doubts as to his guilt and if it was something staged to bring in U.S involvement, but now I have different feelings on the whole situation. Truthfully, I find it amazing how those who hate Obama so much are more than willing to blame him for whichever way he goes without a second thought, even the do nothing Congress is confused as to which way to go because they will only say the opposite to Obama anyway.

What really disturbs me is that 180 countries have agreed that the use of chemical weapons would not be tolerated but yet fail to back up this international agreement. I believe that Britian is hesitant because of the Iraq debatacle and does not completely trust the U.S. This rather many of you believ it or not would have happened regardless who was the president.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,353,790 times
Quote:

I don't think that is correct and he knows this. I think that if he can just get stability in the Middleast since complete peace will never be obtained not as long as we have corperations pushing this country to steal resources and the CIA clandestinally altering the political structures in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies