Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Just heard McCain and Graham .... sounds like they will support the Admin's strike plan, although they want more than that and to arm one or two of the terrorist groups to take out Assad. Errrr, not sure how much credence Obama should put on their advice on the expanded war ideas, after all these two actually believe the Iraq War was a success.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Just heard McCain and Graham .... sounds like they will support the Admin's strike plan, although they want more than that and to arm one or two of the terrorist groups to take out Assad. Errrr, not sure how much credence Obama should put on their advice on the expanded war ideas, after all these two actually believe the Iraq War was a success.
I wonder if McCain asked Obama if he can be next to him when Obama gives the OK to invade ?
McCain would like that don't ya think ?

Old 09-02-2013, 02:03 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wonder if McCain asked Obama if he can be next to him when Obama gives the OK to invade ?
He probably would, but I don't think what gets passed will be totally to "Bomb Bomb McCain's" liking. Graham, well his only concern is not being primaried at home, which is why his contribution to the after WH interview was to slam Obama in some way, every other comment.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Well I don't see many who want to do strike likely with only result civilian casualties but no real changes in situation. Its like a drive by to put the fear of god with likely people hit being innocent. There is a reason they used air craft in Libya strikes and not just cruise missiles to effect removal. Misslile only strike may make some feel good but its really useless. We have know for years feel good strikes do not work.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe they can help you with the immigration process.
Oh you clever little man. I didn't think about that.

Well after Obama turns Syria over to the Islamic terrorists and Syria becomes known as The Islamic Republic of Syria, I'll ask my contacts to get in touch with the powers that be in Syria and ask them to push Obama's new passport through.

Last edited by softblueyz; 09-02-2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
I read an article the other day and it had a quote from a member of the UK Parliment. The gentleman made a comment that the fact Britiam voted on and down a strike forced Obama's hand to follow his countries own constitution. I thought how sad that statement really is when you have forgien countries that see what a moron we have for a President. Countries around the world who were once strong allies now look at us with disgust. I believe this mans gross incompetence is going to start a major war in the Middle East. What is also sad it's all going to be due to his narcisstic ego and total incompetence. The Russian that made the statement that the west is like a monkey with a hand grenade hit the nail on the head.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Well I'm sure Obama can direct them to the terrorist group of his choice. You know, the one that's going to establish a radical Islamic government and kill anyone who opposes them and they will become Obama's BFF.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama better make sure that McCain isn't standing behind him and should be sitting down when he gives the order. It could prove to be embarrassing.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
President Barack Obama addressed the crisis in Syria on Saturday, saying he has decided the United States should take military action against regime targets, but that he will seek authorization from Congress before taking action.

"I will seek authorization for the use of force from the American people's representatives in Congress," Obama said during a press conference in the White House Rose Garden.

Obama said any action would "be designed to be limited in duration and scope."

Obama Says U.S. Should Take Action In Syria, Will Seek Congress' Authorization For Use Of Force

Good.
Hopefully congress doesn't authorize it...

Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
War has never seemed to trendy, exciting, and mainstream.

It's funny to me, hearing all these American citizens and their battle cries to stop the bloodshed in Syria, when not a single damn one of those people have the slightest amount of evidence to prove who initiated the chemical strike.

I'll say it again: If we follow through with the campaign against Syria, this will turn into a regional conflict, and quite possibly, global.

How in the **** can American's allow themselves to be talked into another war with more bullsh*t propeganda from our lousy presidents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies