Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The LGBT group better follow what's going on in NH because if that law passes then other states just might follow suit.

And push too hard, and all of us under age 35 will make sure sexual orientation is eventually enshrined at the NATIONAL level as a protected class.

That way, NH can take its law and shove off.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:00 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You got what you wanted. The homosexual militant haters must be ecstatic. Somebody dared disagree with the homosexual and the homosexual was able to shut down a business and negatively impact this family’s ability to put food on the table. Good job losers!
This happened because of the baker's right-wing religious bigotry, so you should be saying "good job right-wing religious bigotry!"

I find it strange that you think this person's ability to provide for herself hinged on right-wing religious bigotry. Is such bigotry necessary to the craft of baking, or could she have managed without it?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Conveniently missing from the news headline-

Bakery owners have received death threats and hate mail since the January incident.

Oh those tolerant liberals.
The Blaze verified the hate mail, ROTFLMAO, find another source, one trustworthy next time. Also what they posted was hate mail, not threats. Me thinks they are making this up or blowing it up to gain sympathy, I doubt they moved their business to their home to avoid hate mail, since after all it would not stop it from arriving, not logical but some will buy it because the Blaze said it was true, Sheeple

Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Great, the bakery can move to NH, and not have to serve homosexuals. Problem solved.
They will end up serving them, they just won't know it

Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The Blaze verified the hate mail, ROTFLMAO, find another source, one trustworthy next time. Also what they posted was hate mail, not threats. Me thinks they are making this up or blowing it up to gain sympathy, I doubt they moved their business to their home to avoid hate mail, since after all it would not stop it from arriving, not logical but some will buy it because the Blaze said it was true, Sheeple

Great, the Blaze...the paragon of fair and balanced news reporting..

Old 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
This happened because of the baker's right-wing religious bigotry, so you should be saying "good job right-wing religious bigotry!"

I find it strange that you think this person's ability to provide for herself hinged on right-wing religious bigotry. Is such bigotry necessary to the craft of baking, or could she have managed without it?

It just proves the saying, if you shoot yourself in the foot, don't blame the gun.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Great, the Blaze...the paragon of fair and balanced news reporting..
"Right-Wing Central" (aka "The Blaze")

Old 09-03-2013, 03:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonker View Post
Trick question: does anyone think this bakery would make a cake for a man and woman Buddhist wedding?
Well, we know for a fact that this "Christian" bakery will bake cakes for divorce celebrations, out of wedlock baby showers, Pagan solstice festivals, and parties that celebrate receiving a grant to clone human fetal stem cells.

Who knows if they'd lump Buddhist weddings in with those permissible "Christian" activities or consider it on par with the evil of two gay people loving and committing to each other.

Last edited by hammertime33; 09-03-2013 at 04:01 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonker View Post
Trick question: does anyone think this bakery would make a cake for a man and woman Buddhist wedding?
Isn't one of the bakery owners covered with tattoos? I guess his Bible is missing a few pages from Leviticus or he just ignores those parts.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
When all one can do is diminish the source, one has nothing to say and should probably keep it zipped.

Or.............click on multiple links confirming the accuracy. Are you "mouse challenged"?

See how easy it is?

Can you prove it didn't happen? No? That's what I thought.

Damn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies