Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual militants got what they wanted and are happy destroying those who disagree and refuse to knuckle under instead of just taking their business elsewhere and leaving honest hard working people alone. The lesbians did not have to file a complaint yet they did so anyway knowing full well that the bakery didn’t stand a chance.

They are obviously very pleased with this atrocity that they deliberately, vindictively and wantonly committed while they blissfully go about their sweet little lives now that the bakery is shut down leaving the baker struggling financially and unable to put food on the table.
Sure, make the women the perpetrators and the baker a victim. If the bakery did not want to operate a public business, then he should have only been private. If a black couple were refused service, it would be the same situation. The baker is a bigot and a moron.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
The homosexual militants got what they wanted and are happy destroying those who disagree and refuse to knuckle under instead of just taking their business elsewhere and leaving honest hard working people alone. The lesbians did not have to file a complaint yet they did so anyway knowing full well that the bakery didn’t stand a chance.

They are obviously very pleased with this atrocity that they deliberately, vindictively and wantonly committed while they blissfully go about their sweet little lives now that the bakery is shut down leaving the baker struggling financially and unable to put food on the table.
Nothing has happened on the legal side. The customer base didn't like what the baker said and did, so they didn't spend money there.

The free market at work.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:

You don't HAVE to file a police report or press charges when someone steals from you, or punches you in the street. But many people do, with "wanton disregard" for what happens to the perpetrator.

BTW< they aren't "Honest hard working people" worthy of respect. They are cherry picking attention w**** looking for publicity. It was the BAKER who took it to the media, and it was the fallout in the media that caused them to have to close up. Not the government.

You should all get educated on how such complaints generally work. If you file a complaint, there is an investigation. After investigation, recommendations are made. Sometimes its mediation, sometimes a slap on the wrist. Sometimes a warning or a fine. A lawsuit cannot generally be filed until after the appropriate agency makes its recommendations. There is no indication that the lesbians were going to file a separate lawsuit.

Such complaints, by the way, are covered by most insurance policies that any smart business owner (and clearly these bakers aren't the brightest anyway) would have in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie

Let them eat cake.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
First thing I would do is find a different forum to post in...
Perhaps Stormfront would be more to his liking.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't wish them anything. They're making the choice to break the law, and there are consequences for that--both legal, and in terms of the bad PR that's already damaged their business. They did it to themselves.

We're supposed to be "tolerant" of people breaking the law? Do you ever listen to yourself? My guess is that's a no.
would you say the same thing about rouge town clerks who preform" same gender "marriages"?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So?

Does the women's clothing store refuse to sell an article of woman's clothing to a male who happens to come in to buy something feminine for his wife (or for his girlfriend or even for himself)?

Does someone who is short and skinny get refused service if they walk into a big and tall store to buy something?

Your analogy is a big, fat fail.
would these people refuse to give a wedding cake to 2 lesbians who would are buying it for a real wedding (man +woman)?

Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
would these people refuse to give a wedding cake to 2 lesbians who would are buying it for a real wedding (man +woman)?

Nah. Her analogy was a good one. You just don't like it.

Bottom line - the bakery did this to themselves. They were not persecuted by the government. Customers simply stopped showing up.

Don't you conservatives love the 'free market system'? Pretty much that is all I here.

In this case, you see the free market system at work. People don't like to give their money to blatant bigots.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Bottom line - the bakery did this to themselves. They were not persecuted by the government. Customers simply stopped showing up.

Don't you conservatives love the 'free market system'? Pretty much that is all I here.

In this case, you see the free market system at work. People don't like to give their money to blatant bigots.
there is no free market when unconstitutional laws force a person to sell something they don't want to.

That is called slavery.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

there is no free market when unconstitutional laws force a person to sell something they don't want to.

That is called slavery.

Furthermore the analogy is severely flawed.

I'm not refusing the perverts because their perverts I'm refusing them because its for a service I don't provide. It's only discrimination if I refuse to sell a lesbian a cake for a real wedding (which means man+ woman)

Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post

That is called slavery.

Furthermore the analogy is severely flawed.

I'm not refusing the perverts because their perverts I'm refusing them because its for a service I don't provide. It's only discrimination if I refuse to sell a lesbian a cake for a real wedding (which means man+ woman)
Just because you do not agree with same sex weddings does not make the wedding of lesbians or gays not real. That is your hair up your nether regions. The bakery sold and made wedding cakes, they discriminated against the lesbian couple and were wrong and paid the consequences. Being gay does not make one a pervert, but your thoughts are perverted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies