Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,270,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Because they disagree with what it was being used for.
But they had no problem baking cakes for other events - such as has been noted in this thread a number of times? Events that a lot of so-called "religious" types would believe were counter to their (cough, cough) beliefs?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:43 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,576,769 times
There is nothing in the scriptures about "christians" being called to manage the world, to clean it up. The mandate is to preach the gospel. Too many "christians" are deluded and deceived about their roles. If this business had a questionnaire for every customer asking things such as: "have you ever had extramarital sex?" "have you ever had an abortion?" "have you ever had a lustful thought." "have you ever been drunk?" I doubt it. Instead, they chose to fall on their "christian sword" over a PARTICULAR "sin". A customer who walks through your door is a customer usually. This business decided to cast the first stone and it backfired. No surprise.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
a wedding is union between a man and a woman, anything else is not a wedding.
Do you know what they say about opinions?

Everybody has one - it doesn't make it the law.

YOU, and other narrow-minded bigots, are the ones who now have to adjust to the laws of this country. And if you live in a state where same sex marriage is legal, then you are just going to have to get over it and accept that it is the law.

And if you don't, and you discriminate because of it, then be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,239,557 times
Quote:
there is nothing in the constitution or any of it's amendments that says a private individual can't discriminate.
Quote:
a wedding cake is being used in the wedding
helping them get the cake is helping the wedding
sorry if your atheism forces you to not understand logic
Actually there is an amendment against discrimination, you just choose to ignore it.

Also making a wedding cake has nothing to do with helping in a wedding, were they asked to preform in the wedding? Will the cake be marrying the couple, will you ever understand what discrimination means? One will never know.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,505,563 times
Quote:
a wedding is union between a man and a woman, anything else is not a wedding.
Only in your tight little world, Dear, you do not decide for everyone else. Get a life. Jewish nazi.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
It's your fault because you choose not to follow the state's requirements to get married. If you choose to marry a member of the opposite sex then you can get married regardless of your sexual orientation.

as you many times said
Follow the law or pay the price. you can either marry according Mississippi's law which don't prevent anyone from getting married, or you won't get married because you choose not to.

how come gay terrorists never sue god for discriminating against gay "couples" by making them have much higher risks of STDs and never allowing them to have a biological child together?
Cannot sue a fictitious being. God is not real, he is an imaginative figure created by goat herders and cave dwellers. And your god does not decide laws that govern all of us, so keep it to yourself.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
if gays can repraduce they could also get married to a member of the oposite sex. In short there is no discrimination in forbidding 2 members of the same sex from "marrying" each other.

who ever says gays can't get "married" in a state like Mississippi is either failed kindergarten or is a liar.
It is reproduce and it is not required to marry or of marriage, that is why sterile people can marry and so can senior citizens marry, also some states allow first cousins to marry as long as they are sterile. So give it up and get off that dead horse. REPRODUCTION IS NOT REQUIRED TO MARRY is that loud enough for you to hear? It is just as much discrimination to not allow two gays to marry as it was to not allow a black person to marry a native American, or a black person to marry a Japanese/White/Mexican/Russian or what ever. Laws against interracial marriage forbid any race to marry and for the same reasons that same sex marriage is banned. There is no reason to deny gays marriage that does not arise out of fear, ignorance, hate or the bible. You are the epitomy of bigotry, you hate all gays for just being gay, no matter who they are. Much like there were and are people who hate all Jews for just being Jewish.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Cannot sue a fictitious being. God is not real, he is an imaginative figure created by goat herders and cave dwellers. And your god does not decide laws that govern all of us, so keep it to yourself.
Hey! Hey!

Watch how you throw that term "goat herder" around (see my status).

Not all goat herders are ignorant cave dwellers who believe in flying spaghetti monsters.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,345,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hey! Hey!

Watch how you throw that term "goat herder" around (see my status).

Not all goat herders are ignorant cave dwellers who believe in flying spaghetti monsters.

Hey! Hey! Watch how you throw that term "flying spaghetti monster" around. He's real. I was touched by His Noodly Appendage and I don't even own a goat.
(I wonder if the bakery would have baked a cake celebrating my god.)

Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
(I wonder if the bakery would have baked a cake celebrating my god.)
Since I don't have a "god," maybe they would bake a cake celebrating this for me:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies