Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 07:06 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,047,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Here we go again. Sigh.

Again, embryos and fetuses are living, and they also use oxygen. The difference in breathing inside the womb and outside the womb is like switching from AC to DC power.

Yep, a little education can indeed go a long way for you as well.

talk about needing an education. huge difference between a fetus that breathes in the womb and a baby that breathes air. it isn't like switching ac to dc it is about viability.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
talk about needing an education. huge difference between a fetus that breathes in the womb and a baby that breathes air. it isn't like switching ac to dc it is about viability.
Of course viability is also a factor, but then again, people who need kidney transplants, et cetera are also currently not "viable" (or at least not for long).

Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,802,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
1. you are pro choice, if you think abortion is ok in some instances.

2. you think woman should be forced to remain pregnant and give birth. you never said how you would accomplish this.

3. what about children pregnant due to incest and rape victims?

4. there really is no need to try to compromise the issue has been settled.

5. men pay child support to living children because they are their children.

6. men do not pay support to embryos. an embryo is not a person, never will be.

7. I support a woman's right to choice. period. her reasons are her own.
1. Sure, I am pro-choice in some cases, both ideally (ectopic pregnancies, et cetera) and in terms of making compromises (if the woman got sterilized beforehand).

2. Yes, in some cases. As for how I will accomplish this, well, how does the government track down other criminals, such as mafia members? At least some of the same methods can also be applied here. A good idea can also be to have FBI agents, the police, or whomever to dress up like women or boyfriends/girlfriends of women who want abortions while secretly hiding tracking chips or whatever they are called (things which allow others to know your current location), and then find illegal abortion doctors and bust them. Also, I support dropping all charges against women who got abortions if they fully/completely cooperate with the police/FBI/et cetera investigation(s) of their abortion providers.

3. As for pregnant children, this would (at least often) be statutory rape, which is probably pretty easy to prove.

4. You might think so, but I beg to differ. Even from an impartial political perspective, the U.S. Supreme Court could overturn/repeal Roe v. Wade in the future. It's not a guarantee or likely to happen, but it is a very real possibility.

5. But it was the woman's final decision to create a new "child," not the man's.

6. I am actually open to changing this. Maybe men should already be paying child support if they are already the fathers of embryos as a result of consensual sex. As for embryos not being persons, this is not true if someone punches a pregnant woman in her stomach/belly and she miscarries as a result, since this individual will (probably) get charged with murder or manslaughter (both of which are the killing of a person) despite the fact that the only individual/organism which he/she killed was an embryo.

7. Fair enough. As a side note, I do admire the fact that you are brave enough to support allowing women to get sex-selective and race-selective abortions, even though I obviously don't agree with your positions here.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Here we go again. Sigh.

Again, embryos and fetuses are living, and they also use oxygen. The difference in breathing inside the womb and outside the womb is like switching from AC to DC power.

Yep, a little education can indeed go a long way for you as well.
Embryos/fetuses are 'living' like your skin cells are living. You can scrape them off and put them in a petri dish, but they are not capable of performing any of the functions necessary for sustaining life.

Embryos/fetuses do not "breathe inside the womb."
Quote:
In the adult, oxygen-poor blood returns from parts of the body to the right side of the heart. This blood is then pumped to the lungs, oxygenated, then sent back to the left side of the heart, which then pumps it to the brain and the rest of the body where the oxygen is needed....

But in the fetus, the lungs are collapsed. The most miraculous organ of all-the placenta provides oxygen. The placenta, slapped up against the wall of the mother’s uterus (womb), allows the passage of oxygen and nutrients from the mother’s blood through a membrane to the baby’s blood. From here, it flows through the umbilical cord into the baby.
Two for two - you need to go back to school...

Old 09-07-2013, 07:37 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times
Quote:
Of course viability is also a factor, but then again, people who need kidney transplants, et cetera are also currently not "viable" (or at least not for long).
You are comparing "people who need kidney transplants" to insentient, non-viable embryos/fetuses??

Old 09-07-2013, 07:42 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,047,428 times
Quote:
1. Sure, I am pro-choice in some cases, both ideally (ectopic pregnancies, et cetera) and in terms of making compromises (if the woman got sterilized beforehand).

2. Yes, in some cases. As for how I will accomplish this, well, how does the government track down other criminals, such as mafia members? At least some of the same methods can also be applied here. A good idea can also be to have FBI agents, the police, or whomever to dress up like women or boyfriends/girlfriends of women who want abortions while secretly hiding tracking chips or whatever they are called (things which allow others to know your current location), and then find illegal abortion doctors and bust them. Also, I support dropping all charges against women who got abortions if they fully/completely cooperate with the police/FBI/et cetera investigation(s) of their abortion providers.

3. As for pregnant children, this would (at least often) be statutory rape, which is probably pretty easy to prove.

4. You might think so, but I beg to differ. Even from an impartial political perspective, the U.S. Supreme Court could overturn/repeal Roe v. Wade in the future. It's not a guarantee or likely to happen, but it is a very real possibility.

5. But it was the woman's final decision to create a new "child," not the man's.

6. I am actually open to changing this. Maybe men should already be paying child support if they are already the fathers of embryos as a result of consensual sex. As for embryos not being persons, this is not true if someone punches a pregnant woman in her stomach/belly and she miscarries as a result, since this individual will (probably) get charged with murder or manslaughter (both of which are the killing of a person) despite the fact that the only individual/organism which he/she killed was an embryo.

7. Fair enough. As a side note, I do admire the fact that you are brave enough to support allowing women to get sex-selective and race-selective abortions, even though I obviously don't agree with your positions here.

talk about living in a police state. some kind of america you envision

Old 09-07-2013, 09:11 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, if you believe in the bible and human souls, all the aborted little innocent babies will fly straight up into the loving arms of Jesus. They won't have to experience the "test" of living here, with the resultant illness, pain or sorrow. They'll just pass Go and collect $200 immediately, which sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you believe in heaven and the hereafter.
Problem?
Were they baptised? I was taught that babies need to be baptised or they may never meet God.

I don't know if that is true, but I think I believe that as much as these atheists believe in nothing.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
This has no relevance to the question of legalized abortion at all.

When you anti-choice folks stop your fanatics from bombing and burning clinics and murdering doctors, then maybe you can call yourselves "pro-life." But until you do, you just hypocrites.
I'm not anti-choice at all. I'm pro-education because I believe in my heart that abortion is the height, the absolute height of ignorance. To think that abortion is the solution to an unwanted pregnancy is so ignorant that it's sad. Like thinking blood letting cures illnesses like they did 500 years ago or burning people at the stake who were mentally ill would cure evil.

People need to love their children and teach them right from wrong. They need to help their children not make mistakes that result in mistakes like abortion.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM

464 posts, read 479,822 times
Quote:

Romania of the past tried this and fail. Unwanted children grew up and overthrew the government.

Chile of today is doing this and failing hard. Abortion rates are at it's highest levels.

Good luck with your dystopia future tho.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Yourself, that you can't see the difference between aborting a non-viable embryo/fetus and murdering a living, breathing baby is your problem and only you can solve it. A little education can go a long way....
Can a Kindergartner support them self? Can they make a living and provide shelter for them self? Why shouldn't they be killed if they can't do that? What is the difference? You think that a baby is viable outside of the womb but they still would die in hours if they weren't cared for 24 hours a day just like an embryo is right?

No doctor, no scientist, not even Einstein himself had a clue to why human beings are on this planet, or where we can from or what makes us human. You think that doctors and judges can determine who is human and when a human being deserves basic human rights?

What is the difference between our society and abortion and Germany and the gas chambers?

They had tons of justifications as well. They truly believed that Jews and Gypsies and others were less than human and they had the right to kill them.

So someone explain to me the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies