Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:37 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You don't seem to understand. It's not about you.
From reading his post in this thread is most certainly is all about him. The lack of recognition of any situation he has not directly experienced, much less any empathy towards those who have, is pretty evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I never said i was a liberal...... Abortion isn't exactly a medical procedure, and when it is I have no problem, but it isn't millions of times each year. Then it is MURDER.

If you want you can marry your dog, screw drivers, hammers, gold fish, hampster, and so many other people ALL at the same time as you like, and i won't care. I just won't take your idea of marriage seriously.

Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman period. it's not my fault you lefties can't reason.

Now just stop being so silly and requesting i change the way I have lived. I am not going to period. I pity anyone coming to force me.
Saying "I'm not listening . Period!" then claiming other won't reason is the definition of hypocrisy.

How do you know marriage is a man and a woman. Why can't it be a man and a man or a woman and a woman? what are you basing this off of? The constitution? Nope. Constitution doesn't define marriage. Dictionary? Perhaps. Merriam-Webster's does give a same sex definition though. Bible? That makes it clear.. but sadly, God wasn't elected into congress so his book doesn't get a vote.

Marriage is a civil union. Gender or sexual orientation should have nothing to do with it.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
What ever

Sio far the RW has never tried to step on my toes over taxes, guns, or really sent anyone to WAR. When there is a WAr usually the LW starts it. Before you drag in Bush, you must know Clinton fired the first 3 missles into Saudi.

The RW stays out of my way better in all respects. All i ask is lead , follow or get out of the way. The RW does that better. The LW gets in the way and they just stand there with their proverbial thumb up their asses.

The best I can tell the LW is a insane asylum and the worst nut case is running the joint. And that is true, just check out Obama. That idiot is right off his rocker.

His OBAMACARE is going to fail..... have to open it to see what's in it Sorry but i don't sign legal documents with out reading them and then sometimes having a lawyer read them. That BS doesn't count as legak in my book period and you get 0 TOLERANCE on that one from me.

Such a group of total incompetent morons I have never seen before.

And then Obama claims he studied CONS LAW at Harvard.... yeah Right Another epic fail. I think he studied push broom, mop, and trash can. What he knows about the CONS and CONS LAW would fit on the point of a pin and have room left over.

The chump is truely a NO Class Chump.........

Are we clearer now?
Nope you are just a fuzzy as ever, just so ya know I did not actually expect different.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
sure you have.
The right of the bakery in Colorado NOT to go against their religious convictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet, I have not seen one instance of homosexuals trying to deny heterosexuals the right to get married, or anything else for that matter.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
sure you have.
The right of the bakery in Colorado NOT to go against their religious convictions.
If you operate a business, you must follow the laws of the state that you operate a business in.
"Religious beliefs" do not give you a get out of jail free card.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hmmmm, totally disagree on your definition of an Independent, those you describe are not the norm as most Indes can and do cross Party lines when voting and most will complain about the policies of both Parties since they seen the problems with both sides and along with that will also praise good deeds done by either side. Just because some abuse the title does not mean they are the norm.
OK there are real independents out there, but check the extremist views of the "independents" on this forum.
I, myself, am independent but it is not a label for me to adopt and publicly crow about - that's what exposes the ones trying to con you. It's like saying "I am fair and balanced, therefore you must believe me".
Quote:
There is no such thing as a progressive liberal. Nothing so called progressive liberals thing or do is progressive or liberating...... There is no Freedom and no Liberty in anything they do. There spend all night thinking about new and more rules to make everyone else live under.
More taxes, more immoral behaviors, less Liberty less Freedom and 0 security. Security to me is a place to sleep and food in my gut. Tools to provide my own safety.
The PC have failed....... For 55 years the PC decided they could make the rules, and they failed. They failed miserably too. And from at least me the PC will get exactly what i got from them 0 TOLERANCE.
You can try that on for size since i don't need mine anymore.
A real Progressive Liberal wouldn't be making rules for everyone else to live under. Guns would not be any problem, same sex marriage would not be any problem and no drugs would be illegal. There would be no taxes either.
So I am not a proggy lib...... But i don't go around making up the rules either. I am all for live and let live but i consider same sex anything immoral. I will never support it, and you can't make me. I am pro life which the LW for sure is not and so you have no right what so ever to tell me what guns I can own and carry. 0 TOLERANCE.

I have already experienced police protection The first time they refused to come at all and never did, not even after i shot a bad guy that YOU LW Idiots let out on Parole 6 times!

And again where i lost my father in Law and his 2nd wife. He was a retired engineer and she was a working past retirement lawyer. The cops came but 3.5 hours too late.

The LW and the police get no more chances 0 TOLERANCE If the cops need more money let then have a cake sale.

I will take care of me and mine and my own security for less. This ISN"T for the LW to decide in the first place. I get my choices and I Shall Not Be Infringed. Read the CONS and quit thjnking you know something about others.

The left is morally bankrupt and some how think they are superior. Reminds me of the fable of Humpty Dumpty..... The LW couldn't fix a wet dream.
** The "war on drugs" was a RW knee-jerk initiative against "non-conformist hippie" users.
** Don't like cops much, eh? Or rules, or laws, and you wish to do as you please toward others - and the rest of us should just trust you? Sure...
** You have no right to ban gay marriage because of your "belief" which is based on nothing but your feelings.
** LW immoral behavior? You are just not paying attention.
Without rules to restrict your "freedoms" it sounds like, beyond protecting yourself, you might want the "freedom" to take from others if you felt it necessary. This RW Ayn Rand objectivist view of "self-sufficiency" is common in RW media and in the republicon party. The people who adopt this view are, in reality, potential predators who want nasty rules and their enforcement out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
From reading his post in this thread is most certainly is all about him. The lack of recognition of any situation he has not directly experienced, much less any empathy towards those who have, is pretty evident.
The RW lack of imagination means they don't have the ability to see from a different viewpoint or wear someone else's shoes (the root of empathy), therefore it must happen to them before they understand. It's one reason why they can gleefully send other people off to war so they have something to watch on TV. It's a disconnect which defines the sociopath.
I have seen the RW hard-ass change of opinion after one gets the wake-up call of a heart attack. It is suddenly a new ball game and a whole new outlook for them.
It's why rich inheritance babies can tell the lower classes to "bootstrap yourself".
It's why, until it happens to them, some people who aren't sick can tell others that health care is a privilege and not a right.
Some such people were "morally" against stem cell research until they found out it could have helped them or someone they liked.
Nancy Reagan Pushes for Stem Cell Research - ABC News

Last edited by detwahDJ; 09-19-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies