Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:41 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why would the fed be looking fro any of it?
huh?

this is from left field. who said anything about the fed?

Quote:
The cost is broken out, have you ever looked at a stock report?
yes, i have, but i'm just telling you how your equation yields a number that is different from the firm's median compensation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It is to create anger and class warfare.

and I will be the first to say CEO's comps are rediculous. Between Shares, bonuses, Golden Parachutes and salary they are exorbitant. However for the SEC to try and control it by creating this atmosphere of resentment is pathetic.
I already told you they aren't controlling it.

but yeah, ignore me. keep repeating yourself. that seems to be the standard gameplan.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I already told you they aren't controlling it.
I clearly stated "trying to control it."

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
U.S. corporations will need to disclose how their chief executive officers' paychecks compare with those of their workers under a proposal unveiled on Wednesday by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Feds to CEOs: Reveal how much you earn versus workers - NBC News.com

I find it interesting our Government, which is made up of lawmakers that can vote themselves a raise at anytime, can take millions of dollars from corporations to get elected and can trade with inside information with impunity is trying to control the Corporate pay scale.

Baloney. Lawmakers cannot vote themselves a raise. Any increase in pay does not go into effect until they next Congress and they may not get re-elected to receive the new pay rate.

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
U.S. corporations will need to disclose how their chief executive officers' paychecks compare with those of their workers under a proposal unveiled on Wednesday by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Feds to CEOs: Reveal how much you earn versus workers - NBC News.com

I find it interesting our Government, which is made up of lawmakers that can vote themselves a raise at anytime, can take millions of dollars from corporations to get elected and can trade with inside information with impunity is trying to control the Corporate pay scale.
If they are CEO's of any company who took a bailout, yeah, they need to say tell us. If they are a private company, like Ford, who didn't take a bailout, its none of the governments business.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I clearly stated "trying to control it."
excuse me;

they aren't trying to control it, either.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
Quote:
I said trying to control it on purpose.

1) I expect the spending power of consumers to improve by providing an environment more conducisive
for job creation. The Payscale matters not. Controlling a CEO's pay will not create one job.

2) Businesses will need to amend prices to compete.
There is no such thing as "job creation". Jobs are filled if they benefit the company and make out more profitable. But there is a limited amount of cash available so of course the more that goes to CEOs the less can go to workers. Workers might think they're getting a good deal even with stagnating wages. Until they see that the CEO's pay doubled from the year before...

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
excuse me;

they aren't trying to control it, either.
That is the motive, you know it.

The class warfare mongering AFL-CIO is mentioned as having a say in this.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
There is no such thing as "job creation". Jobs are filled if they benefit the company and make out more profitable. But there is a limited amount of cash available so of course the more that goes to CEOs the less can go to workers. Workers might think they're getting a good deal even with stagnating wages. Until they see that the CEO's pay doubled from the year before...

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
If workers believe they are getting a good deal that is irrelevant to CEO compensation.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How do you change the culture of greed?

Not all CEO's are greedy. Some go to great lengths to pay their employees better or keep prices low for their customers. I know I do. However, we get nothing for it and are actually at a disadvantage to the greedy owners who don't.

CEO's are employees too!!!! The owners of a company are its shareholders, not necessarily the executives unless they personally own a majority of the stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies