Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 07:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
^^^

Why do people insist on bringing up biblical laws and such time and again?

Nobody knows whether their own god or any other even exists, much less what they "feel" about any human activity.

That's nonsense.

Beyond that, are these people endorsing using ancient draconian religious laws as a template for the laws of our nation? Like Sharia law for example?
Why do people use the Bible to prove their point when it was so long ago? If you see I answered Biblical with someone using the Bible to try and prove their point.

You're lost, Christians of today are far removed from anything Sharia

Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,341,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Planned Parenthood receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts (about $360 million in 2009)Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, and well over 90% of their funding, government and otherwise, is used for preventative health care. Breast cancer and cervical screenings, assessments and treatments for STDs, birth control and education.

The ONLY times PP can contribute any money whatsoever to an actual abortion is in an emergency situation when the life of the mother is at stake.

The Hyde Amendment from over three decades ago ensures that neither Medicaid nor any other federal program covers abortion, period.

Educate yourself.

Please educate yourself and stop spreading the baseless, and entirely incorrect notion that PP or the federal government is using our tax dollars to fund abortions.

It is simply NOT the case and, in fact, it would be illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You're lost, Christians of today are far removed from anything Sharia
Yes, I agree that Christians of today are, in general, far removed from violent Islamist extremism and the promotion of ancient religious law being used as the template for our national laws.

I didn't read the post you were responding to; it just seemed as if you were endorsing the idea that "because The Bible says so" as the reason to enact certain laws of our country.

Which is, of course, wrongheaded infantile nonsense.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,835,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Just like the title says.

I know plenty of people who say some nasty things about Christians, much of it is down right hateful and bigoted. But yet no one seems to get up in arms over it like they do for Muslims and Gays (which ironically liberals both support, even though the two groups will NEVER get along in real life). Why is it okay to hate Christians but yet not okay to hate those groups? What is with the double standard? I know plenty of people who would certainly qualify as Christianphobes.

BTW I am not advocating that it should be okay to hate Muslims or gays, it's not. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and the double standard.
See Post #2 That guy has some issues. Most posters here are American im guessing and there are more Christians in this country than anything else so the minority of religions are the ones who usually are disliked based on certain events

Old 09-23-2013, 07:26 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,160,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So what? Did it hurt to be told that? Does being told that make it true? If someone came up to me and told me that I'm going to mars if I don't change my ways, would it make it true? Should I care what they said? Why worry about going somewhere that doesn't exist?
I'm not offended. Naturally, most Christians would not be offended if I told them they are wasting years of their lives devoted to a fairy tale, yes?

I have always had a problem with folks who can dish it out but cannot take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies