Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,351,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Just because a person doesn't support gay marriage doesn't make them a homophobe. It doesn't mean that they want to hurt gay people or that they are afraid of them either. Why do you fail to understand this?
There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that isn't born of hate, fear, bigotry, ignorance, or some combination thereof.

Not one.

To preclude consensual adult couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:11 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,701,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Why? You are that naive? Christians are the most actively homophobic in the western world. They are very organized in their efforts, more so than other religions. They are also responsible for their somewhat successful attempt at highjacking the republican party, thus the "radical" right, otherwise known as "the religious right." Christians also seek to enforce lies about gays, such as insisting gays have issues with morality, and the even more absurd notion that sexual orientation is a choice, which it is not.
Most Christians don't hate gay people. Simply not supporting the lifestyle and disagreeing with gay marriage doesn't make them homophobic.

I think many gays are Christian phobes though. Like the gay couple who bullied the religious bakery and drove them out of business just because the Christian owners didn't want to compromise their religious beliefs and bake a cake for a lesbians wedding. Or how they got butthurt over the Chic Fil A owner not supporting gay marriage either and wanted to shut down the business. Or how they tried to sue a church for not performing a gay ceremony, or how a lesbian teacher took her kids on a field trip to a gay wedding.

Yep they sure sound tolerant to me. Sounds more like a bunch of Christian phobes.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,262,544 times
Quote:
Just because a person doesn't support gay marriage doesn't make them a homophobe. It doesn't mean that they want to hurt gay people or that they are afraid of them either. Why do you fail to understand this?
How do you think that denying me equal protections under the law doesn't hurt me?
I could lose my home if my fiancee were to die. I can, and have been, refused visitation when my fiancee was in the hospital. I do not have access to my fiancees SS that she has paid into for her entire working life. As a stay at home mom, I would be left destitute.

Oh, but you you don't want to hurt me.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
There is not one single reason to oppose same sex marriage that isn't born of hate, fear, bigotry, ignorance, or some combination thereof.

Not one.

To preclude consensual adult couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.
I don't support gay marriage and I don't have any hatred or fear of gay people at all. Stop with the hyperbole.

Anyway this is getting off topic. This thread is not about gay marriage or homosexuality. I don't know why gay activists such as yourselves have to bring it up in every single thread.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How do you think that denying me equal protections under the law doesn't hurt me?
I could lose my home if my fiancee were to die. I can, and have been, refused visitation when my fiancee was in the hospital. I do not have access to my fiancees SS that she has paid into for her entire working life. As a stay at home mom, I would be left destitute.

Oh, but you you don't want to hurt me.
Equal benefits should be given to gay couples. Wanting to call it marriage is not about equality or rights, it's about pushing an agenda. 90% of the things that the gay community ******* about has absolutely nothing to do with equality or tolerance.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Most Christians don't hate gay people. Simply not supporting the lifestyle and disagreeing with gay marriage doesn't make them homophobic.

I think many gays are Christian phobes though. Like the gay couple who bullied the religious bakery and drove them out of business just because the Christian owners didn't want to compromise their religious beliefs and bake a cake for a lesbians wedding. Or how they got butthurt over the Chic Fil A owner not supporting gay marriage either and wanted to shut down the business. Or how they tried to sue a church for not performing a gay ceremony, or how a lesbian teacher took her kids on a field trip to a gay wedding.

Yep they sure sound tolerant to me. Sounds more like a bunch of Christian phobes.
1. The bakery failed, because customers decided not to spend money there.
2. Chik fil a is donating money to groups that actively work to deny civil marriage rights to same sex couples. I refuse to spend a dime in a business that is actively working against me.
3. BS. The "church" was a rental property. A BUSINESS, not a church.
4. The teacher did not take the students to her wedding. It was not mandatory, and the kids parents allowed them to go. You do know that to go on ANY field trip there has to be a signed consent form from the parents. Right?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Equal benefits should be given to gay couples. Wanting to call it marriage is not about equality or rights, it's about pushing an agenda. 90% of the things that the gay community ******* about has absolutely nothing to do with equality or tolerance.
The laws say marriage. The legal precedence says marriage. the forms say marriage.
There is no logical reason to create another set of laws in a different name when we already have them set up.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,622,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I can't recall the last time an atheist told me I would spend eternity in infinite torment unless I converted to atheism.

Can any of you?
So what? Did it hurt to be told that? Does being told that make it true? If someone came up to me and told me that I'm going to mars if I don't change my ways, would it make it true? Should I care what they said? Why worry about going somewhere that doesn't exist?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,461,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Atheistic liberals are the most hateful, closed minded, and bigoted people on the planet, and they have been brainwashed by left wing media into thinking that they are agents of inclusion.
Calling any huge and diverse group of people "hateful, closed minded, and bigoted" is as hateful, closed-minded, and bigoted of a statement that you can make.

I am very open-minded about religion, actually. Once a god appears before me I will believe in it.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,461,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So what? Did it hurt to be told that? Does being told that make it true? If someone came up to me and told me that I'm going to mars if I don't change my ways, would it make it true? Should I care what they said? Why worry about going somewhere that doesn't exist?
My sky-god will flay you alive and kill your family if you don't submit to him.

Is that not at least moderately offensive? What if I was picketing a street corner screaming it in your face?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies