Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Felines are already the dominant species, although a good argument can be made for the ants.

Harrier can't marry a cat - aren't liberals for marriage equality?
Have you asked the cat for her paw in marriage? Is it a regular cat or one of those biblical talking critters?
If it can talk and give its consent.....go for it!!! Whatever floats your fur ball.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They're pushing YOU to have a gay marriage or an abortion? I don't think so.
Don't twist my words.. they are pushing for the acceptance of gay marriage.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:47 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Christians are some of the most progressive religious followers. There's no reason to oppose them. Atheists just don't agree with creationism being taught as science.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It is the height of ignorance and conceit to think that this spec we live on in this ginormous universe was designed just for us by a benevolent super-being.
It 's the height of ignorance to know we don't even get here on our own.. we found out how we got here but not the why..

This world is much too intricate for our limited brains to even find the basic answers..
Scientists guess at most things and change their minds and if they find out something they think they did something..

it always was... before man found out about it.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM

30,348 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Don't twist my words.. they are pushing for the acceptance of gay marriage.
Who is "they," and how are they "pushing you to accept" anything? Unless you are an incredibly weak-willed human being, nobody and no laws can force you to change your beliefs on the matter. Now the laws against gay marriage, on the other hand, actually DO force a belief set onto those who disagree. If gay marriage is legal, you can either choose to marry someone of the same sex, or you can choose not to... you are also still free to believe as you choose, and to say "uh-uh, I don't like it" regardless of what the law states. When you pass or enforce a law against SSM, however, you are thereby taking the choice away from Americans who don't share your sentiments. See the difference there?

Christianity is legal, right? So does that mean all of us non-Christians are being forced (or even pushed) to accept it as the true religion? I don't think any of us see it that way, we just see it as being inclusive and accepting of ALL belief sets - inclusive again being the key word, which is a concept you obviously don't understand. People like you have a very self-centered view of the world, and think the laws should only reflect YOUR preferences... thus the backlash against religious extremists, which I'm sure wouldn't be so prevalent if you just let people live their lives.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:

It is the height of ignorance to deny that it was designed.

Take a biology class.

And I'd suggest you take your biology class at a Bible college as well.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:00 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times
Quote:
Felines are already the dominant species, although a good argument can be made for the ants.

Harrier can't marry a cat - aren't liberals for marriage equality?
Really? So I guess you didn't get killed by the tiger because you didn't try to eat the big mac chained to a stake down the street from where you live? And even as you post you're working on an antidote for the humanicide spray the ants are about to employ on you as you crash their picnic?

Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Christianiphobes are pushing gay marriage, abortion, and moral corruption of the masses.
People are pushing SSM and abortions on christians?

Really?

Someone pushed you into marrying someone of the same sex, or have an abortion?

Old 09-21-2013, 08:46 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Atheistic liberals are the most hateful, closed minded, and bigoted people on the planet, and they have been brainwashed by left wing media into thinking that they are agents of inclusion.

Yes and those that will stand for anything oppose those that stand for something.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:53 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
...or because they feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman (as it has been for thousands of years).
For "thousands of years" marriage has also meant between a grown man and a very young girl, or between a man and 37 women.

Quote:
I'm an agnostic, living in the Bible Belt...
Same here.

Quote:
...and I never have people telling me I'm going to hell for not believing in God.
Well, I certainly have. Many times throughout the course of my life in this area.

At the same time, I sincerely believe that the vast majority of Christians are kind, intelligent, reasonable people who typically keep their judgment of others to themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies