Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2007, 07:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,995,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
When would you deem deadly force is necessary?
At the same point at which the police determine it is necessary. When LIFE, not property, is threatened. You see I respect the police as professionals who know what they're doing. When someone threatens my LIFE (note that keyword: life), the lives of one of my family, or some other person's life in my vicinity, provided I can take control of the situation. Things can be replaced, lives cannot be. Go back to killing people on Xbox, I doubt you could handle the real thing.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,343,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
At the same point at which the police determine it is necessary. When LIFE, not property, is threatened. You see I respect the police as professionals who know what they're doing. When someone threatens my LIFE (note that keyword: life), the lives of one of my family, or some other person's life in my vicinity, provided I can take control of the situation. Things can be replaced, lives cannot be. Go back to killing people on Xbox, I doubt you could handle the real thing.
I don't own an xbox, I'm a 58 year old woman whose life has been threatened, whose cousin's life was threatened and whose at the time 83 year old mother's life was threatened.

I kindly request, you read my other posts before you judge.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
After 11 pages of this thread: I think Texans are nuts.

I'd like to fully participate in Nutz if I were going through Texas -- but I really think it is nutz!!

Does everyone need to be armed? Should we all shoot to kill for any reason?

It seems like that is the point of most of these posts on this thread. Shoot to kill is perfectly acceptable if the person is a lawbreaker.

I'd plan to shoot people who pass me by on the freeway. Speeding is against the law and it's DANGEROUS!!!!! I feel threatened by speeders. Thankfully, Texas law will allow me to shoot speeders.
I'm sorry, that is hardly the same senerio...although, your absolutely right, speeding is against the law and very dangerous...

I'm not from Texas but I agree with their laws...I've seen way to much...and perhaps you all should reconsider living in the real world...for a change. I challenge you to go live in a dangerous white or black community and then come back and tell me the same thing.

I dunno, just my thoughts.

tollerance for criminals is not justified...and I believe anyone who has had their home broken into, or has had their life threatened, would argue with all of you who think otherwise...it does, change you and it gives you are real perspective on just how violent and dangerous another human being can be.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:07 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,773,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Wow, so anyone can just walk down the street in Texas policing the place?

Sign me up, let me get my shotgun.

I have never been to Texas, but if that is the way it is...then by all means, break off from the USA and start your own country...do the rest of us a favor.
If you don't like our laws in Texas. KEEP OUT. We need no more North East Liberals here. We already have to many of you here !

Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
If you don't like our laws in Texas. KEEP OUT. We need no more North East Liberals here. We already have to many of you here !
I cannot believe the lengths people will go to exhaugerate their argument...I agree with you Texanborn....it's great to see you in there and know you...and it's time liberals realize life...b/c if they keep it up, their liberal ideas will be the demise of human kind, or what we know as our world.

There ideas are not working...all they have done is promote crime....yanno, I keep t hinking of my cousin, and those criminals who held a gun to her head...what if she would have turned and shot them all...???? Would have been a better world without them in it...they terrorised 4 other stores and are all, now out of prision.....???????? That is what liberal ideas get you....chaos and disrespect for the law.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
oh, and by the way, I seriously own a gun and a baseball bat, I hunted as a young girl and did my share of target shooting...and yes, I could handle it, if need be...I would protect my mother, my son, my grand daughter with my life if need be. When a man broke into my mothers home, I came runnig down the steps and I don't remember my feet touching the stairs...all I was planning was my attack...and it wasn't pretty....

I can be the most elegant lady, dressed up formally, and will be a lady...to my kids, my family, my husband, if I had one...but don't ever cross the line...
as my sister says, she's hate to see the criminal at the other end of my bat or gun....and I don't go around shooting people, but, if someone came in my home, after one of my loved ones, they would not see the light of day tomorrow, I promise you that.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, very mature. I wonder how many of these folks have ever handled a weapon? I would guess not many. In fact, I bet most of their firearms training comes from Playstation. On the other hand, every yahoo who actually does own a firearm and thinks its ok to shoot thieves with no provocation is a DIRECT THREAT TO MY 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS which makes me quite steamed Regardless, I'm sure most of these wannabee "Punishers" would s--- their pants if someone put a loaded .45 into their hands, let alone if they fired it! I have a .357 that will break your arm if you're not careful, I'd like to see some of these keyboard jockeys hit the broadside of a barn with it.
Give us something smaller to shoot at...barn...no problem...

Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
You have to ask? It's about the availability of guns. A lot of other countries have much more stringent gun laws. Virtually anyone in the States can get their hands on a gun. Anti-gun advocates have repeatedly called for stricter gun laws
Like Germany and England ? Do you ever watch the news? There have been school shootings in both.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I say: Let's shoot them all!!! Violate the rules of taste and common decency and you are a gonner!!!!!!

Why stop there? Why can't I shoot the guy who looked at me funny this morning or the lady who took my parking space? Could I shoot my boss? I don't think he likes me plus I think he might be doing illegal things like committing adultery with a secretary next door...

We could really have fun with these Texas laws!!!!!!
You're starting to sound like a 10 year old.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Well, guns are too available, but I wasn't going to talk about that in this thread. This thread is about vigilante justice.

I'm going to be quite angry if Texas doesn't file some sort of charges against this guy for shooting the two crooks. I realize that they might not file charges -- but if they don't, that also tells me that I need to carry a gun if I enter the state of Texas. I'm totally not willing to be a victim in this sort of "Texas vigilante justice system" so I'd have to pack too.

It sucks that I'm a really bad shot since I've never held a gun -- but what the hey. Is there a Texas law that says that you have to hit what you are aiming at?
You have to have a permit to "pack a gun" in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies