Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What comment was that? Many people said she shouldn't have run against Reid, but I honestly thought she could win. I didn't feel the same way about Christine O'Donnell.

I thought it was funny, but I am white, but every else I know who is Hispanic thought it was funny..

I mean she so barley lost...had she had kept her mouth shut she would be in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Much has been made of the great California exodus to other states like Ariz, Nevada, Texas and other western states. States like Ariz and Nevada have become more Dem blue for Pres elections, with Nevada solidly so. With their low populations, why haven't states like Montana & Idaho become more blue as well with all of the californians who have made their homes there?

They love freedom over control and micro-managment.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I know it by personal experience.

At 15 years old, I watched my mom and dad (who were the age I am now) lose everything they ever had in this world, had our lives torn apart, family torn apart, as our means to earn a living ended suddely and senselessly, not because it needed to, but because of federal environmental policies - the implementation of which NEVER did one iota of good to the area.

About 2 decades later, I watched the same thing happen to the rural areas of Oregon. The number of suicides was astronomical, the bankruptcies were heart-rending, and the ending of all productive industry in the entire region as it came to a screeching halt - for NO valid reason.

People who worked for a living and did productive things simply could not cope with the idea that they were simply no longer allowed to earn a living - all to satisify the political whims of some special interest group that didn't give a flying rip about anything but influence and money. Alcoholism, drug use, suicide by many means, including drinking, drugs, car wrecks, or other self destructive behavior exploded and the incalculable number of families that broke apart or simply disintegrated has been well documented - but hardly published.

The lesson learned: Liberals do indeed care ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about people, and everything about wanting control by force, in all ways believing themselves morally entitled and thus, justified.
I understand, same thing happened to a Business my father had, the customer put in there PIN number were their Social security numbers, and long story short because of their stupidity we lost everything.. I could have had a very easy childhood and life, but the school of hard knocks providing you look, listen and learn is a very great school...painful, heartbreaking, sanity shattering but reward,

Like a ingot of rust being throwing into the high temperature hell that is the blast furnace, only to be strengthened, harden, and made superior, to emerge impervious to the most hellish conditions, to achieve amazing feats, and build greatness.

America and her Patriots are nearing the end of this blast furnace. Upon emergence we will be impervious to the lies and propaganda of the progressive statist. We will achieve wealth, prosperity, and amazing feats.

Last edited by gunlover; 11-19-2013 at 04:40 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They love freedom over control and micro-managment.
Amen, where would you want to live?

LA and California
High taxes
Higher crimes
Higher Cost of living
Higher Utility rates
Moronic Gun laws

Or

Las Vegas and Nevada
No State or Corporate income tax
Low sales taxes
Low Crime rate
One of the Lowest Cost of Living
We have Term Limits
We Respect and Protect the Right To Keep And Bear Arms.

Why buy a $180,000 house in LA where have rising property taxes, rising crimes, and you are not allowed to pick the firearm of your chose/ Carry a firearm for your protection, When you can buy that same house for about $70,000 In Las Vegas were you keep more of your money, have capped property taxes, and your rights are respected and not infringed upon.

Where would you choice to live?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Amen, where would you want to live?

LA and California
High taxes
Higher crimes
Higher Cost of living
Higher Utility rates
Moronic Gun laws

Or

Las Vegas and Nevada
No State or Corporate income tax
Low sales taxes
Low Crime rate
One of the Lowest Cost of Living
We have Term Limits
We Respect and Protect the Right To Keep And Bear Arms.

Why buy a $180,000 house in LA where have rising property taxes, rising crimes, and you are not allowed to pick the firearm of your chose/ Carry a firearm for your protection, When you can buy that same house for about $70,000 In Las Vegas were you keep more of your money, have capped property taxes, and your rights are respected and not infringed upon.

Where would you choice to live?
Where is this $180,000 house in LA that you speak of?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Where is this $180,000 house in LA that you speak of?
In a very high crime, high dependence part of some god forsaken ghetto they long ago trade its rights, freedoms, and chance of prosperity to the progressive statist in exchange for a welfare check.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
Quote:
In a very high crime, high dependence part of some god forsaken ghetto they long ago trade its rights, freedoms, and chance of prosperity to the progressive statist in exchange for a welfare check.
I've looked on Zillow and even the houses in the ghetto tend to cost more than that.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM

329 posts, read 431,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Much has been made of the great California exodus to other states like Ariz, Nevada, Texas and other western states. States like Ariz and Nevada have become more Dem blue for Pres elections, with Nevada solidly so. With their low populations, why haven't states like Montana & Idaho become more blue as well with all of the californians who have made their homes there?
You have to be a certain kind of person to live in places like Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Life is very brutal there at times and you have to be tough and resourceful to survive the winters there. In big northern cities, when it snows 2 feet, the city sends an army of workers out to plow the roads. In Montana if it snows 2 feet, you had better have a vehicle that can get through it or you better have enough to survive a week or two. And if your power goes out, you had better have plan B because it might be days and days before anybody fixes it. Nobody is going to plow your road for you. Those states are truly "you are on your own" kind of places which is why few people choose to live in them. If you see that these people are rugged individualist, this personality plays more towards the philosophy of the Republican Party which also holds that each person is responsible for his or her station in life. I don't agree with that philosophy but that is what it is.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I actually don't agree with that assessment. Yes, Utah will be more diverse, but I see more gang infiltration occurring, more drug use, and higher crime. Same as happened in Las Vegas, and Phoenix, at one time, very highly LDS, and still a majority is...
All that is mostly only in Salt Lake City and it's many suburban environs. Once you get out of the Salt Lake valley, the rest of Utah is much different, both north and south. Life in the northern part of the state is mostly rural and very much like living in Wyoming or Idaho, and central and southern Utah is the same, except with an old-school Mormon culture that has been largely lost in SLC.

There are some places bordering Nevada and California that have developed drug problems, but that's mostly due to how the Interstates and other highways intersect in the border areas. The drug runners are always playing cat and mouse on those roads, a lot like the moonshiners once did on the back roads of the south. While gangs are certainly part of the drug trade, they stay pretty low and off the radar in southern Utah.

Their money is made further north. I-15 is one of the major drug routes north to south, and the mules haoth states have busted lots of pot runners who are carrying legal marijuana from one state to another legal state. They have no legal protection in either Idaho or Utah, where any pot is still illegal.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Quote:
Reverse free state affect *******s move from a failed state to a free state and destroy it, more proof liberalism is a cancer.
The group who destroys free states are urbanites, not a party affiliation. The intermountain west is remote and rural, and when urban folks move in, they expect to have all the urban conveniences and services. These attitudes are natural, because most urban folks take them completely for granted.

Once here, they all want to make the place they move to just like the one they left behind. That, too, is natural. That's why the U.S. is full of New Hollands, New Swedens, New Englands, China towns and little Koreas.

There really isn't much diversity anywhere any more. Every city looks a lot like every other city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies