Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:03 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times

Advertisements

You know what the founders would have especially delighted at...The fact that the right wing defines corporation as people.
They also might have really applauded the radical rights consistent efforts to insert their religious ideologies into the private lives of others. They would have fallen all over themselves with joy that a group that incites and instigates divisiveness and whacko ideals named themselves after an event that was a major pivotal point in the nation's history..The Tea Party? Are you joking? Let's not even get into the automatic weapons debate.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 AM

229 posts, read 163,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why would anyone want to negotiation with people who refuse to open up the government? If the Republicans want to negotiation, they know what they need to do first.

Wow, just Wow!
I'm speechless for once.

This is a lost cause here.

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Why would anyone want to negotiation with people who refuse to open up the government? If the Republicans want to negotiation, they know what they need to do first.
How many bills have the Republicans sent to the Senate that the Senate refuses to take action on? Those spending bill would "open" much of what is shut down.

Ask Harry Reid why he will not take action on those bills. Why don't you fax him and demand that he take action?

This is not a thread about the shutdown. This is a thread about Republicans power of the purse, and right to fund or not to fund, as they see fit.

Stay on topic.

9,470 posts, read 6,975,546 times
Quote:
So you only applaud the government trying to defund things you don't like?
No, I approve of the federal government doing less. It doesn't do anything well. It should only DO the following things: Defense, foreign policy, and be responsible for a common currency. That's IT.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 AM

229 posts, read 163,883 times
Quote:
So you only applaud the government trying to defund things you don't like?

I bet many would vote to defund the government permanently, the way it is going.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,975,546 times
Quote:
Obviously you have no idea who shut down the government. Why didn't Boner bring the clean bill to a vote to prevent the government from shutting down while the two sides worked out their differences?
I know precisely. And YOU are wrong, not me. The HOuse has repeatedly passed bills to fund the government.

It is the other two bodies involved that are holding it up.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
Wow, just Wow!
I'm speechless for once.

This is a lost cause here.
I see you have your Republican blinders on, then this is indeed a lost cause.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,863 times
The founding fathers would are probably flipping over in their graves right now. The big reason we have gridlock in Washington right now (and most aren't addressing this) is due to gerrymandering and no term limits for congressman. Think about it...draw the districts in a way where you are always likely to get re-elected no matter what you do, so you don't have to be held accountable for your actions. Look at all the stupid stuff Michele Bachmann has said and done over the years and yet she still keeps getting re-elected. It's not just Republicans, Democrats are equally as guilty. That's another problem too, only have "two" choices, which in actuality isn't true either. Our media refuses to take third party candidates seriously, who may have very good solutions for the country.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
How many bills have the Republicans sent to the Senate that the Senate refuses to take action on? Those spending bill would "open" much of what is shut down.

Ask Harry Reid why he will not take action on those bills. Why don't you fax him and demand that he take action?

This is not a thread about the shutdown. This is a thread about Republicans power of the purse, and right to fund or not to fund, as they see fit.

Stay on topic.
You mean the ones that butchered a bill the Democrats fought hard to pass? Would you shot yourself in the foot if it made your neighbors happy? Of course not. You guys won't be happy until you get your way with everything. Thankfully our government doesn't work that way.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I know precisely. And YOU are wrong, not me. The HOuse has repeatedly passed bills to fund the government.

It is the other two bodies involved that are holding it up.
They are now picking winners and losers, as the entire economy takes a hit. The Pres. is correct that the Repub. are taking hostages and letting them out when the media sees a proplem. The founders were against the entire nature of Govt. shutdown and tax rebellion.

The Repub. are not listening to the People,they are listening to Jim De Mint at Heritage.

Last edited by Boss; 10-14-2013 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies