Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I wish the mods would do something about the poster who acuses everyone who argues against the problems with obamacare of being an Old white republican on medicare. a vet ,on social security,and has a big pension. I don't even want to post here anymore with the same crap responses,matter of fact color me gone.
Are you suggesting censorship? Whats wrong with admitting to being on Medicare, Tricare, or VA and that you are opposed to the ACA, which is another government program. If someone is triple dipping and they are against big government whats wrong with calling them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Are you suggesting censorship? Whats wrong with admitting to being on Medicare, Tricare, or VA and that you are opposed to the ACA, which is another government program. If someone is triple dipping and they are against big government whats wrong with calling them out.
Because your accusations are baseless.

You have no idea who you're arguing about, you're just making expedient arguments that are knowingly false, but you hope others will be negatively swayed against people you don't even know.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I wish the mods would do something about the poster who acuses everyone who argues against the problems with obamacare of being an Old white republican on medicare. a vet ,on social security,and has a big pension. I don't even want to post here anymore with the same crap responses,matter of fact color me gone.
Democrats can't argue with facts because they don't support their stance so they must resort to name calling. That's what Obama does, that's what the democrats in the congress do. This is the Obama plan, they are just repeating the baseless attacks and following their marching orders.

Last edited by petch751; 10-15-2013 at 11:17 PM..

Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 PM

Ok democrats threw out a new name.

Sen. Barbara Boxer, Democrat.
“When you start acting like you’re committing domestic abuse, you’ve got a problem,” Boxer said on the floor of the U.S. Senate. “I love you dear, but, you know, I’m shutting down your entire government. I love you dear, but I’m going to default and you’re going to be weak.”

“You know who should be infuriated? Women who have suffered from domestic abuse,” Hasselbeck said in response to Boxer’s comments. “Millions of women out there who now have their situation trivialized over politics?”

Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post

Im a Republican, mid 40's, let me know when you want to compare W2s.

I suspect you're closer to my Gardener's wages than mine.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:04 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,997 times
I was embarrassed by Mission accomplished and yellow cake.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:56 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
If you were paying attention this disaster is one in a string of predictable flubs.

Obamacare approved without knowledge of its contents and implications.

Investing taxpayer funds in Solyndra though it was red flagged as a bad investment and then in retrospect O says it was worth it.

Now obamacare, where they hired a company with a known bad track record.

And you think it is a good idea to tuern your health care over to the government????????

Old 10-16-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

And you think it is a good idea to tuern your health care over to the government????????
Obama lovers love free stuff. They take it with no shame or consideration of who is paying for it. They'll make a pack with the devil to get more free stuff. And now their lives will depend on government even more.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:26 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But you are still are required to signup even though you can't.

During an appearance on MSNBC today, Gibbs stated, “Let’s just say this is excruciatingly embarrassing for the White House and for the Department of Health and Human Services. This was bungled badly. ... This is a website architecture problem. … I hope they are working day and night to get this done. And when they get it fixed,

I hope they fire some people that were in charge of making sure this thing was supposed to work. We knew there were going to be some glitches. But these were glitches that go, quite frankly, way beyond the pale of what should be expected.”
Is it a pain? Sure. But really, who didn't expect problems with all of those people waiting for 3 years to sign up for this? And then everyone tries on the same day even though they have months to sign up for it? Not smart if you ask me. Am I embarrassed? Uh, no. Who DOESN'T think there will be glitches with something as major as a major healthcare reform overhaul? Only delusional partisan folks who pick out any & all little things to complain about would focus on this. The rest of us live in the real world. And as I recall, Medicare D was a pain when it was first implemented as well.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Is it a pain? Sure. But really, who didn't expect problems with all of those people waiting for 3 years to sign up for this? And then everyone tries on the same day even though they have months to sign up for it? Not smart if you ask me. Am I embarrassed? Uh, no. Who DOESN'T think there will be glitches with something as major as a major healthcare reform overhaul? Only delusional partisan folks who pick out any & all little things to complain about would focus on this. The rest of us live in the real world. And as I recall, Medicare D was a pain when it was first implemented as well.
If it were a business it would have failed with 0 visitors but this is government. We don't expect much from Obama and democrats do we? So when you need immediate healthcare is this what it will be like to get authorization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies