Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I'm not signing up, no matter what. I haven't the money to waste.
Then if you don't already have insurance or your insurance company drops you like they are doing to thousands, you will pay the penality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Some have called and they get the run around. Told to go back online and try again, maybe in the middle of the night when there is less traffic. They do and still can't get in.
Have you signed up, yet?

I figured I'd give it a few weeks/months before I do.

Then again, I've done software/hardware roll outs and I know the first few days SUCK.
Like when they rolled out World of Warcraft (or any other major online game) the first days/weeks, are always buggy. Conservatives are trying to play it as if it should be perfect. Speaking from experience, they are full of beans. Even worse, the government has to play to the dumbest person in the USA. And it's GOVERNMENT which means it's gonna be slow and crappy.

It would be crappy under any one. I'd make the same argument for Bush. In fact, if I recall, seniors hated bush's drug plan.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Probably thank my employer for providing excellent health insurance so I don't have to deal with this nightmare

Have fun liberals. This is what you were all thumping your chests about. You must be proud of your messiah.
Not everybody has insurance coverage thru their job and now they have the chance to get some security and peace of mind. Yes, it is a major accomplishment for the POTUS, considering the fact that has taken decades to get something remotely resembling healthcare for all to get passed. Which is the very reason that the GOP/Teapublicans are freaking the ef out. No Waterloo for Obama. You seem to be one of the people that is equating technical problems with the quality of the health insurance itself, which is really kind of stupid.

That "Messiah" stuff is really kinda played out and lame already.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Then if you don't already have insurance or your insurance company drops you like they are doing to thousands, you will pay the penality.
Yea since I am losing my insurance because of Obamacare I will find a company outside Obamacare (if I understand it right. I will also get to pay higher prices to pay for other people.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:05 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Well, since that penalty will not be $12,000 a year, I guess I'll be. Then again, we'll see. You seem to forget that the guy in the white house really, REALLY hates negative press. You just WAIT and see all the stories about the people getting hurt by it.

Or, it could be the GOP will grow a spine ( I still believe in miracles) and will end it.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Marco Ruio is going to introduce a bill today to delay it until they can get the site up and running ok. Watch Harry Reid reject it.

They want young, healthy people to sign up so they have enough money to pay for it. I don't think they will and choose to pay the lesser penality instead.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not everybody has insurance coverage thru their job and now they have the chance to get some security and peace of mind.
Nonsense. Obamacare hiked the premiums for the wife and I to more than double. So, you're trading one set of uninsured for a slightly different set of uninsured and calling it wonderful. This does NOT exactly bring you credibility.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Well, since that penalty will not be $12,000 a year, I guess I'll be. Then again, we'll see. You seem to forget that the guy in the white house really, REALLY hates negative press. You just WAIT and see all the stories about the people getting hurt by it.

Or, it could be the GOP will grow a spine ( I still believe in miracles) and will end it.
Cancer hurts! Especially when you cannot afford treatment for it.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea since I am losing my insurance because of Obamacare I will find a company outside Obamacare (if I understand it right. I will also get to pay higher prices to pay for other people.
Sadly, what they did was remove all your choices about insurance. You will buy overpriced coverage for services you don't need... Or you won't buy any at all.

I suspect people will find a way to intelligently insure themselves, rather than buy the stupid things government wants you to.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Cancer hurts! Especially when you cannot afford treatment for it.
You do realize, don't you, that the 5 year survival rate for cancer patients is only slightly different between spending massive money and not?

If I found myself to be dying next week, well, that's what would happen. You're going to die anyway and spending all that money rarely has an outcome that's "worth it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies