Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Maybe he wanted to get his wife out first and go retrieved the son...
If people want to second guess the crap out of emergency personnel then lets second guess the parents as well who probably had 10 minutes to save their son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
They saved the Dads life when the child could not be. Sorry, they did what they could and they did what I believe to be right.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Again why did they leave the house before getting their son if they were so concerned. Not only did they have five minutes after making the call. They had probably several minutes before they exited the house and several minutes after exiting before placing the call. At least 10 minutes once they woke up noticed the smoke/fire and emergency personnel showed up.
I don't know why people here are rewriting this story and making sh#t up to fill in the gaps. We have no idea how much time they had. Parents escaped thru the backdoor, police arrive, and wait for firefighters - while they wait the father tries to go in the front door to get his son. That's what we know.
There is nothing illegal about putting yourself in harms way to save another, and there shouldn't be.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They saved the Dads life when the child could not be. Sorry, they did what they could and they did what I believe to be right.
You don't know that for sure, even so, they should not have interfered. Tazing him, then arresting him is outrageous!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know why people here are rewriting this story and making sh#t up to fill in the gaps. We have no idea how much time they had. Parents escaped thru the backdoor, police arrive, and wait for firefighters - while they wait the father tries to go in the front door to get his son. That's what we know.
There is nothing illegal about putting yourself in harms way to save another, and there shouldn't be.
I know based on experience probably how much time they had. Where did I state that there was something illegal about putting yourself in harms way. Your problem is your letting emotion cloud your mental field of view.

Why did the PARENTS wait to be concerned about their son:

1)After they exited the house

2)After they called 911

3)After emergency personnel showed up and it was determined anyone else going in the house would die as well.

YOU want to second guess and fill in the gaps when it comes to the Emergency personnel's reactions but not the P-A-R-E-N-T-S?

Give it a rest.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You don't know that for sure, even so, they should not have interfered. Tazing him, then arresting him is outrageous!
Where does it say he was arrested?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad
Why did they leave the house before getting their son first.
He was trying TO GO BACK IN AND SAVE HIM!!!

Stupid cops..... THE UNIVERSE WILL LOOK DOWN ON THEM!!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 PM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Fire fighting training is key. Looking at the photo of the dwelling, that place was already a fire trap. Place like that means the fire spreads quickly. It also means the kid was probably already dead from the smoke. In fire, you must fight against your natural responses. If you don't have protective gear, don't go back in to try to rescue someone. With Navy engine room fire fighting training, they taught us if fighting a fire and you're backing out to the escape shaft, don't go if you see someone down. You'll just add another body for the fire fighting team to trip over. Once the fire spread, the structure is weakened and the father could have been killed by smoke, flames, and or second floor collapse.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
They didn't taz him to keep him from saving his child, they tazzed him to save him from killing himself.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I guess I don't get this whole story, because I don't care how much smoke or fire there is, I would NEVER leave my house in an emergency without my kids. I would die in there first.

He could have gone back in BEFORE the police arrived.

What is the rest of the story here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies