Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2013, 01:25 PM

38,432 posts, read 22,366,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess I don't understand the logic behind being poor, unemploymed or under employed and not deserving of health care. It's not free money or goods, it's life. It's like not allowing water or air.

Conservatives just need to feel superior and keep others down.
Conservatives are not opposed to health care for the poor who would not otherwise be able afford it. This all or nothing argument gets old. All things in moderation. Help the poor, yes. Give away free stuff to people who can pay their own way, no.

This affordable care act has made health care more expensive, and on top of the new expenses is more free subsides. It's great, fine and dandy if you are below the magic number for free subsidized health care, but go $1 above it and these new increases cost burdens can ruin your family budget.

What upsets me about our current economy is that nothing is being done to lower the tax and regulatory burdens on employers, to encourage them to expand their business and hire more employers. In fact the exact opposite is happening, our government is increasing regulatory burdens, encouraging employers to lay off, fire, or reduce the work hours of their employees.

Nothing has been done to assess the reasons why health care costs are high, the government simply forced everyone to buy insurance, or government will collect fines from them. Collecting fines does nothing to lower health care costs because none of that money goes to the health care industry, it's just another tax.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:06 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,464,196 times
In the civilized world, life is a right, therefore healthcare is a right and by extension so is health insurance.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:16 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,107,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
In the civilized world, life is a right, therefore healthcare is a right and by extension so is health insurance.
So you're saying that with healthcare provided at taxpayer (not government) expense, everyone will have indefinite life? And are you speaking of health insurance or health maintenance?

Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,117,086 times
Rights are what we define them to be. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. Most countries on the planet have made the moral choice to define a certain minimum level of healthcare to be a right.

We have not.

It is as simple as that.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,894,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Is it the other person's fault whom you are forcing to pay for your medical treatment? No, it's not.

Nice try.

TRANSLATION: I can't refute anything in the OP, but I hate them anyway. So I'll call them names and try to assign some vague, irrelevant description, in hopes that someone will believe me instead of what's written there.

Well I can think of one good reason right off the bat: Communicable diseases such as TB. If we, as a society, don't treat people who have communicable diseases we will have an epidemic that will ultimately affect the "other person of whom it is not their fault." Remember, what goes around comes around.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:49 AM

25,894 posts, read 16,612,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Health care is a very complex industry. Now, let's proclaim it as a right but what do you mean by that?
Do you mean we have to nationalize the whole industry or what should we do to make sure it's a right?
Definitely nationalize the entire industry. Kick out the money grubbing corporations and their billionaire CEO's and their profit margins on the misery of others.

In fact there should be a constitutional amendment that no profit will be made ever on health care. There are plenty of other ways to make a profit in the country.

Give grants to the universities to develop the new medicines and procedures for the good of mankind, not for profit margins.

And pay the doctors and nurses more. They are the ones who deserve the money.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Your right to LIFE, is on your dime......NOT mine. That's the difference.
Did you tell that to president Ronald Reagan who made it a law to treat everyone in the ER regardless of ability to pay?

Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If you got your wish, it would be the first and only right that costs money to exercise.

I have one simple question.

Who pays?
Under the ACA, each person pays for their own health insurance according to their ability.

Beats us paying fully for the healthcare of the uninsured!

Or allowing millions to go without healthcare which would cause more deaths than the right-wingers could ever scream about in Benghazi!

Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,009,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did you tell that to president Ronald Reagan who made it a law to treat everyone in the ER regardless of ability to pay?
Back then you had a president that could create jobs and wealth to help those less fortunate.The Democrats have not delivered on Nancy Pelosi promise of jobs,jobs,jobs since 2006 and their legacies of social security,medicare,the war on poverty and now Obamacare is driving us over the cliff to insolvency.
What is it with you liberals that claim republicans are greedy heartless people but yet demonize ronald reagan for doing the right compassionate thing which is to alleviate suffering? If only Obama & the Democrats could only create opportunity instead of more government interference,frivolous regulations we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Back then you had a president that could create jobs and wealth to help those less fortunate.The Democrats have not delivered on Nancy Pelosi promise of jobs,jobs,jobs since 2006 and their legacies of social security,medicare,the war on poverty and now Obamacare is driving us over the cliff to insolvency.
What is it with you liberals that claim republicans are greedy heartless people but yet demonize ronald reagan for doing the right compassionate thing which is to alleviate suffering? If only Obama & the Democrats could only create opportunity instead of more government interference,frivolous regulations we wouldn't be having this conversation.
What about my post is demonizing to President Reagan? You seem to assume a negative connotation to Reagan's law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies