Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Are. You. Kidding. Me????? For YEARS liberals have been toting the benefits of healthy eating. YEARS!!!!! We have a freakin' First Lady whose #1 agenda is fighting obesity with healthy nutrition & exercise. And you have the freakin' GALL to now ignore all of this & blame obesity on liberals? You are a piece of work, truly. This is the perfect example of hypocrisy at its finest. What a joke.
Very well said!

Maybe we should go back and dig up all the threads about the conservatives' outrage (and gross insults) whenever Mrs. Obama promoted healthy eating and exercise.

Pathetic hypocrisy.........at its worst.

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Do you really want to be considered a Mental Midget? If so, keep posting tripe like this. You'll definitely succeed.
That ship sailed a long, long time ago.

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Very well said!

Maybe we should go back and dig up all the threads about the conservatives' outrage (and gross insults) whenever Mrs. Obama promoted healthy eating and exercise.

Pathetic hypocrisy.........at its worst.
It's not even worth it. They'll still keep spinning it, thinking no one else is paying attention. Too bad for them, we are.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A doctor's appointment after eating a breakfast paid for by food stamps? Gee, I wonder who will be paying for that medical visit!

Of course, when a conservative steps up to try to put a stop to this madness, Democrats and liberals demagogue them (us) to death for trying to deprive little Juan or Tyrone or Jimmy of his Fruity Pebbles!

This woman is the THE PERFECT example of failed liberal ideology. She's the child of immigrants. She's fat. She's disabled. She does not work. She receive's food stamps. She has 5 obese children.

Is there a more perfect example of how liberals and liberalism are the death of America?

How the food stamp diet is leaving the Rio Grande Valley both hungry and obese | The Washington Post
I hope she has enough food stamps to offer her family a nice dinner for Thanksgiving. Hear my prayer O Lord.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is exactly why they are pouring over the border. What other country would allow millions to come and pay them to breed. This woman never has to worry about working for the rest of her life.
Nor do her children. She'll train them well, and honestly, they won't know any better. They don't stand a chance of leading productive lives and having pride in themselves and their accomplishments.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM

744 posts, read 1,092,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
dafuq? americans in general love their sugary drinks. why can't we just say the first one is an American family and be done with it. CD never misses an opportunity to take jabs at black people.

That may be true, but blacks love grape drink more than other races.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--g3PP3dfDo"]

Old 11-11-2013, 01:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
But when a liberal tries to suggest that maybe people should eat broccoli and drink water once in a while instead of subsisting on sugar water and junk food, Republicans and conservatives demagogue them to death, saying "you'll pry my Doritos and Big Gulps out of my cold dead hands!".
I could not care less what anyone eats if they pay for it themselves.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM

872 posts, read 828,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Bill Maher says it best in this clip. I'm not the biggest fan of Maher but he's got it down in this one. Conservatives are nothing but one big contradiction.

Bill Maher Rages At Christian Hypocrites: 'Just Admit You're Selfish!'
Are you willing to open your pocketbook and have every dime from it taken.....to help the needy? Are you willing to have your savings, investments, 401K, children's college fund etc given over to help those less fortunate?

If you say, yes......then you're not being honest.

If you say, no......then what are you?

I guarantee you, Bill Maher has not drained his pocketbook to help the less fortunate......

I get so tired of the left always saying......all you think about is money, you are heartless because you will not help those less fortunate.

So how many of the left have drained their pocketbook to help the less fortunate??? But yet, they criticize the Conservatives for saying enough is enough.

What it boils down to....not only do the left want to keep those less fortunate....less fortunate. They don't have the guts to say. No, I will not drain my pocketbook to help you. Yet, at the same time they call Conservatives - heartless....

Old 11-11-2013, 01:23 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Relatively small? The U.S. spends over $1 trillion per year on over 80 different means-tested welfare programs.

CRS Report: Welfare Spending The Largest Item In The Federal Budget
http://www.budget.senate.gov/republi...4-2fd5bcedfeb5
and what percentage of that is solely food stamps and food stamps? many of the programs listed in those 83 are programs that also help working and middle income families, not to mention the elderly. when I talk about poor shaming, I am generally speaking of those like the woman in this story, who, as your link will show, are not typical of those who receive welfare. as I have said, welfare recipients are not a threat to the middle class. in fact, if not for the actions of the rich, many of these people would be middle class. technology has also played a part, but there are still many manufacturing jobs that could be done in this country.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Are you willing to open your pocketbook and have every dime from it taken.....to help the needy? Are you willing to have your savings, investments, 401K, children's college fund etc given over to help those less fortunate?

If you say, yes......then you're not being honest.

If you say, no......then what are you?

I guarantee you, Bill Mather has not drained his pocketbook to help the less fortunate......

I get so tired of the left always saying......all you think about is money, you are heartless because you will not help those less fortunate.

So how many of the left have drained their pocketbook to help the less fortunate??? But yet, they criticize the Conservatives for saying enough is enough.

What it boils down to....not only do the left want to keep those less fortunate....less fortunate. They don't have the guts to say. No, I will not drain my pocketbook to help you. Yet, at the same time they call Conservatives - heartless....
Oh, I see, you've drained your pocketbook. Not. So you got nothing from that clip, hey? Not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies