Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 12:33 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What happens when doctors cut back on seeing these new Medicaid patients?

Based on my poll before, some are open to euthanizing these "greedy evil" people. Likely the most freckle faced mommy basement dwellers, but unfortunately these sociopaths vote also.
As I just explained to you, healthcare.gov does not sign up Medicaid. It is for private insurance only.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The terms Obamacare and the ACA cause a Pavlovian-type response from the right. You can almost feel them slobbering through the screen. It's actually pretty funny to watch.

I'll be adding to the enrollment numbers soon.
Until you see how much you're going to have to pay... A friend of mine, (even through we disagree politically), was talking to me the other night, in complete apoplectic shock, they dropped his personal insurance plan for not meeting requirements, (he really doesn't need birth control, but it's required by Obamacare), and his face was falling off his head, cause to get health insurance through the ACA, was going to cost him $227.60 a month more, his deductible was going to almost triple, and I really thought I might need to call him an ambulance...

Last edited by Darkatt; 12-04-2013 at 12:47 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 12:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
I had a serious illness and I've had good experience with my insurance company. Unfortunately even though Obama said "if you like your insurance you could keep your insurance" I got one of those letters that said because of Obamacare my insurance is being terminated. They are keeping me until Dec 2014 though so I dodged the bullet for a year.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Nothing like causing the cancellation of peoples insurance and bragging when they are forced to sign up. lol

Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Until you see how much you're going to have to pay... A friend of mine, (even through we disagree politically), was talking to me the other night, in complete apoplectic shock, they dropped his personal insurance plan for not meeting requirements, (he really doesn't need birth control), and his face was falling off his head, cause to get health insurance through the ACA, was going to cost him $227.60 a month more, his deductible was going to almost triple, and I really thought I might need to call him an ambulance...
How is it that none of the right wing get the fact that men paying for childbirth or women paying for prostrate exams has always been a part of the employer health insurance industry. this is nothing new.
Who do you think paid for your prostrate exam or maternity care when a female employee of your company had a baby?

YOU ALL DID!!!!! male and female. IT WAS A COMPANY WIDE INSURANCE POOL!!!! Sheesh

Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Maybe the lack of young people signing up, causing rate spirals for the people who did enroll?
Sorry, but that isn't going to happen. In states with their own websites we've already seen young people signing up at higher rates than projected.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
We are.

Seems pretty straightforward.

The idea is to give everyone in the country affordable health care; seems like a pretty darn good idea, if somewhat late in coming relative to the rest of the developed world.
Yet, by CBO standards 30,000,000 will stil be without...

Old 12-04-2013, 12:45 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
I heard most were medicaid. Do you have any stats?

You can't fix this mess. Wonder what Hilary is going to do with it if she gets elected.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
I look at it this way..the GOP had every right to rough up Obama over the botched rollout. There was no excuse for it. The Administration had every resource available, including thousands of well known techies at their disposal in private industry that could've and would've assisted them in making sure that the site was functional. There are IT industry titans that are major Obama supporters and donors that would've gladly put their services at his disposal.

The fact that the Obama administration rolled out the program without proper oversight speaks to their hubris and arrogance. It's indefensible the way it was managed. The Democrats will and SHOULD pay for such incompetence come next election.

Not to mention that the president was less than forthcoming when he said that everyone can keep their insurance. Well, we all know that isn't the case for everybody. Either the president just outright lied, or he was woefully misinformed about his own signature legislation.

That said...the Republicans ought not be too jubilant because at the end of the day, the ACA is still the law, and will remain so. Obviously, the kinks and bugs were gonna get worked out of it and it'll be functional at some point not far off. That's just the reality.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
“The reports that only 29,000 signed up in the first two days of December is just more bad news for ObamaCare — that is less than 15 percent of what the Administration needs over a two-day period.”
The numbers are also not verified. My site signed up 100,000 people. Prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies