Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 11:04 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm Republican and some of the closest people to me including my parents probably disagree with about 80 percent of my political views
The same applies to Harrier - except at least half of his parents are conservative.

Harrier can't talk politics at a Thanksgiving dinner in any house affiliated with his family, otherwise some liberal will become offended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And when i was young, and ingorant, and naive, and brainwashed, and dumber then dumb, stupid beyond belief, i was part of the brainwashed crowd. Then i woke up and became an adult. And knew what the hell was happening, did not take no rocket scientist as you get older to see plainly what the democrat party has become.

This democrat party is nothing like democrat party of the past. Maybe the same can be said about both party's in general, at least some can admit the truth. They both have lost what their greater cause should be.

No way the democrat party of the past was bullish in nature, arrogant to a fault, attack the messanger and the truth, attack the attacker, and belittle them, go after their personal information and make them pay, no way this would have been tolerated. And put a damn sock in it, the democrat party of today, is their way or the damn hwy, and most know this.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

If there is a protest, then it is likely warranted, and will never be anything like the Democrat led violent protests on college campuses in the late 1960's-early 1970's.
In many cases those were peaceful protests which turned violent because people like Ronald Reagan decided to use police agencies as their own, personal billy clubs because the conservatives HATED students. They detested the fact that a bunch of students dared to use the First Amendment to protest the war and the draft.

And, in CA, Reagan's imposition of fees which destroyed the chance of a college education for thousands of students who couldn't afford the fees he imposed. Which meant thousands of 19-year old's no longer had student deferments but, instead, got drafted and shipped to Vietnam.

You bet there were protests. And in CA peaceful sit-ins and walks through campuses turned violent because students were attacked by the Henchmen of the Right. AKA, in California, the CHP.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-02-2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Think you're pretty clever, huh? Take a look at this map (of food stamp enrollment, percentage-wise, by state), and report back to us what you see... what I see is a bunch of dark colors in the SOUTH...
A lot of Obama voters live in the South and many of them voted for President Obama solely because he is partially black.

Yes people of "dark color" did vote for President Obama - and they did so because of racism.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In many cases those were peaceful protests which turned violent because people like Ronald Reagan decided to use police agencies as their own, personal billy clubs because the conservatives HATED students.
Actually, such things occurred during the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago.

The protests was led by Democrats and the billy club use was endorsed by Democratic Chicgo mayor Richard Daley.

You Democrats cannot run from your racist and violent past - nor can you claim that such positions are not your current agenda or future.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
LOL. nothing about those attacks were actual attacks.

you guys are funny.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Pathetic.

Someone was trying to get some marketing going for a bake sale and she's attacked for it?

Such immature children.
Yes, the liberals are quite immature.

They hate capitalism, yet engage in it when it suits their purposes (raising money for liberal purposes).

Hypocrites.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Harrier agrees.

Liberals do need to grow up(especially if they are over 30).
It's not just liberals. Conservatives also are guilty of this as well. Hence why I said it goes for both sides of the aisle. I wont go and flame a liberal's facebook wall, I'll just ignore the post. Particularly if the liberal does NOTHING to me. Unless she is one going around holding signs for Meatless Mondays at fast food restaurants or holding pro-choice signs at churches, she is harmless.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:49 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:

You Democrats ..
Ummm..... Like numerous posters on this board, I've never disclosed which, if any, political party I belong to.

But you just keep posting Harrier's History of America 1-A. It's mildly amusing to read. Corrections will be made when you go off into the weeds.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It's not just liberals. Conservatives also are guilty of this as well. Hence why I said it goes for both sides of the aisle. I wont go and flame a liberal's facebook wall, I'll just ignore the post. Particularly if the liberal does NOTHING to me. Unless she is one going around holding signs for Meatless Mondays at fast food restaurants or holding pro-choice signs at churches, she is harmless.
Harrier has criticized a liberal family member's Facebook post.

The post concerns gay marriage.

He has been vilified by this family member whom he loves.

He isn't sure if this same family member loves him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies