Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:18 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You guys are so predictable - and obviously selective readers, since I already addressed and debunked that excuse (in both this thread and others). How do you explain the welfare percentages in places like West Virginia, Kentucky, Oklahoma, etc? You can't blame those entirely on the dark people or Obama voters, which is why you all conveniently ignore when I bring up those states. Go ahead, I'll wait while you look up your arses for an explanation! But I know it won't happen, since actual facts and logic get in the way of your anti-liberal and anti-black rants. :rolleyes
You didn't debunk anything.

Quote:
Here, I'll ask the question more simply for the simple-minded folks here: Do you deny that millions of conservative/Republican Americans are on welfare & food stamps? Do you deny the fact the places like CA and NY have lower percentages of recipients than TX, WV, MS, etc, despite their being waaaay more liberal-leaning? If so, you are either dishonest or incapable of reading. Even if you factored in EVERY minority and/or Democrat in those states, it still wouldn't explain these discrepancies or prove the conservative lies about liberals and welfare.
Lack of jobs (like nonexistent, not : "I don't wanna").

I always find it amusing when people say that the tv show "Pawn Stars" is "made up". Oh, it is NOT made up. That happens all the time at my business (inner city dealing with all types). That's how trash acts. And they have kids who sit next to yours in school.

No money to move, no special "color of skin" scholarships/programs/colleges/skin color appropriate big-wig big-mouths talking about the plight of republican voters in those states you mentioned.

They are forgotten because they are not usually "dark" and they don't vote for the democrats no matter WHAT their circumstances and how bad they are. Hence the disdain of many liberals when it comes to "voting time" : "why don't these people vote liberal/dem to help themselves help themselves to other people's money?"

So no special attention/no focus/no help given to them.

Help Detroit, help Newark, NJ (Zuckerburg did - and that is going NOWHERE), help Camden, help some other crap city? Help some city in West Virginia. Oh, but WV isn't as black as Detroit or Newark or the rest. So skip on by....

Now, you live in CA or NY? Got a few "big cities" in CA and NY has Manhattan. No excuse to not being able to find SOME type of job. Doesn't mean it pays a lot, but someone with no skill set can always find a job in a city. Wash dishes, wait tables...better yet, stay in that FREE public school.

The 20 something kids running around today have parents younger than me. Their parents had the same public school education available growing up. It wasn't 1930, it was the 1980s. There is no excuse for ghetto fabulous BS TODAY.

It's been done and it's more than over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
Looks like a typical Facebook comment wall to me...?

Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Looks like a typical Facebook comment wall to me...?
Which one?

Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Which one?
The comment wall shown when you click on the link? Is it really that uncommon to see a bunch of attention whores antagonizing each other on Facebook for no apparent reason? I was under the impression that was the whole point of the website...

Old 12-02-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
The comment wall shown when you click on the link? Is it really that uncommon to see a bunch of attention whores antagonizing each other on Facebook for no apparent reason? I was under the impression that was the whole point of the website...
Sorry - I forgot that this thread was entirely based on a FB comment. My bad!

Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,131,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
It's my impression that many Republicans and conservatives burn with a red hot seething hatred of people who don't agree with them. What a nasty intolerant bunch. When I was in college there were both a Young Democrats and College Republicans club but there wasn't this kind of hyper-partisan BS going around. We disagreed on political candidates for public office and that was pretty much it.

Whoever would leave such stupid, obnoxious and hateful comments about a college Bake Sale for one of the two major political parties should be ashamed of themselves.
Disagree: no
Want to impost their will on others: yes.

It is interesting that conservatives (many republicans are not) meerly want to be allowed to do what they want, so long as they do not hurting others.

It is the liberals who are intolerant and wish to impose their will on others.

Try to set aside your bias and look at it... You will see that I am correct.

SO: if you think it takes a village to raise a child, and want to tell your neighbor what to do, and think your government knows how to spend your money better than you do... Vote for democrat, and RINO Republicans.

If you want people to be able to do what they want so long as they do not hurt others... Vote conservative.

Simple as that.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:45 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Name these "asinine atheists". Obama himself is a member of the UCC. Clinton is a Baptist. Rahm Emmanuel is Jewish. Harry Reid, Mormon. Nancy Pelosi, Catholic. And so on.
The democrats just seem like they are atheists because their religion comes last. Their party politics and liberal progressive ideology trumps everything.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times
Democrats are raving hypocrites?

Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You didn't debunk anything.
Not on this thread... I also included "and in another thread," which is where I addressed this issue in more detail.

Quote:
Lack of jobs (like nonexistent, not : "I don't wanna").
And you don't think that is true about any of the "blue" states? Even here in California, there are plenty of people looking for work but can't find any - especially in the smaller towns, of which there are way more than some folks realize. Also, states like Texas have plenty of big cities and minorities, but still outrank CA, NY, etc, in percentage of welfare recipients.

Bottom line, there are people on BOTH sides of the fence receiving assistance... and unless you know each of them personally, you have no idea how many are lazy vs genuinely in need. So I just get sick of all the "liberals on welfare/FS" jokes and comments, when this is clearly not a phenomenon that's unique to one political demographic. Understand my point now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies