Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yeah. Post the narrative you want to publicize.

I don't believe you think that at all. After all, since it ignores some glaring realities, your "description" defies both objectivity and reason.
The poster you are criticizing and calling untruthful has posted similar many times before. She has been very consistent with her views. You are wrong in your analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It merely reinforces what I already knew about the left - they are irrational, emotional creatures who do not value individuality, personal liberty, and personal responsibility. They want to be taken care of by the government from cradle to grave and don't care who gets hurt or what liberties have to be sacrificed to make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes it has shown me liberals only name call hate and are the most intolerant anti constitutional racist people . I at one time believed liberals were capable of genuine talk on issues , clearly from this board I see the true hate
Good grief! You guys have never seen the crap thrown at liberals by your side? *******s in various spellings, sheeple, lemmings (in this thread), etc. Granted, two wrongs don't make a right, but still. . . . Republicans have made a mockery out of "personal responsibility". Yeah, let's all pump our own sewage, build our own roads, homeschool our kids through college, pay for our $100,000 hospital bills, etc. GMAB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,491,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
James Buchanan. I think you are looking for that as being the worst president ever. Anything else just makes you emotional.
James Buchanan just happened to be President when the Democrats seceded from the Union. You did not expect a Democrat President to go after his fellow Democrats did you? He was President during the Dred Scott decision and the Nebraska-Kansas Act, neither of which he had anything to do with, so it cannot be a reflection on his presidency.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,088,290 times
I came to this forum a conservative, and I still am.

I enjoy the discussions that occur on this board, and I am happy that the American right of freedom of speech is upheld in that anyone can post their opinions and have a civil discourse on a topic. However, some of the threads on this board break down into name calling and arguments too often.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,402,584 times
I frequent this forum mainly for entertainment, nothing more. It's a real hoot to witness elderly folks reliving their childhood days by calling each other names.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:02 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,241,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The poster you are criticizing and calling untruthful has posted similar many times before. She has been very consistent with her views. You are wrong in your analysis.

Good grief! You guys have never seen the crap thrown at liberals by your side? *******s in various spellings, sheeple, lemmings (in this thread), etc. Granted, two wrongs don't make a right, but still. . . . Republicans have made a mockery out of "personal responsibility". Yeah, let's all pump our own sewage, build our own roads, homeschool our kids through college, pay for our $100,000 hospital bills, etc. GMAB.
By definition democrats have no personal responsibility. Get pregnant not responsible so kill it.
Cant get a job so take money from others so you do not have to get a job
Have more kids so you can get more payments
Blame everyone but yourself then claim your not responsible for your plight
Democratic excuses are just like arm pits everyone has them and they all stink

Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,165,567 times
This forum made me realize even more than i've realized my whole life that liberals and liberalism are toxic to the nation. And they're also uninformed, emotional, nonintellectuals. There are too many examples on this forum to completely disregard the law of averages.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
By definition democrats have no personal responsibility. Get pregnant not responsible so kill it.
Cant get a job so take money from others so you do not have to get a job
Have more kids so you can get more payments
Blame everyone but yourself then claim your not responsible for your plight
Democratic excuses are just like arm pits everyone has them and they all stink
Yet you guys think you're the ones getting bashed. Tell me, now that the election of 2008 is over and I can speak freely, which candidate had the unwed pregnant teen daughter?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,983,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
To you people taxation is all robbery...what does it matter where it goes....ultimately you have less of your money. To be ideologically consistent, taxation in any capacity has to equate to robbery.
Wrong.

Taxation to give to someone else is theft.

As far as I have ever seen, only Anarchists insist that all taxation is theft. Some forms of taxation can't be anything BUT theft ( income tax, property tax ), since they take from you what you own. It is true that we must have some taxation, because a government is necessary. But when government becomes simply a model by which the powerful pander to the voters by purchasing them with the labors of others, it is theft, morally, factually, and practically.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,983,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Repetition does not make something true, correct, or any less dubious.

Good grief! You guys have never seen the crap thrown at liberals by your side? *******s in various spellings, sheeple, lemmings (in this thread), etc. Granted, two wrongs don't make a right, but still. . . . Republicans have made a mockery out of "personal responsibility". Yeah, let's all pump our own sewage, build our own roads, homeschool our kids through college, pay for our $100,000 hospital bills, etc. GMAB.[/quote]

You offer no solution, other than to say "if we let political bodies control us, all will be paradise".

Nothing could be further from the truth. Ample history has demonstrated that you way is abject failure - it leads to poverty, tyranny, and loss of individual freedom.

You may wish to surrender your will, your individuality, your freedom, and your independence for promises form known liars who say they'll make everything better - but that's not what sane people do.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,373,503 times
yes,
Ive learned liberals are either misinformed, uninformed or just freeload parasites.

While a Nation needs some liberal attitude to be successful,
a prosperous Nation CANNOT have a liberal government, it will fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies