Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is this like the dancers spitting tips with the bartender?
Bet it isn't a 50/50 split and the strip clubs I have been to the girls are independent contractors and have to pay the club to work there and the bartender keeps the tips the bartender makes. But that is only strip clubs in Oregon, I have never been to any strip club outside of that state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually you are wrong again, I think some do pool their tips, I do not think all of them pool their tips and the majority keep the tips that they make.
Funny how you respond to my recent post and it's not about it but a earlier one. Your sure try and stir the pot.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Funny how you respond to my recent post and it's not about it but a earlier one. Your sure try and stir the pot.
Yeah now you are just making no sense. Sorry you lost that argument.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
No you did when you played your games..............like you always do. You never fail lifer I'll give you credit. You try and twist and worm around. Good work. LIberals are good at it. You are one of the best. But I got you.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:22 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Look, the minimum wage is basically useless. At best it does nothing. And at worst, it increases unemployment.

Look at it like this. Lets pretend a business has to pay its employees more. Where does that money come from? We like to think that raising the minimum wage somehow takes money away from "the rich". You know, greedy corporations. But is that what actually happens?

The truth is, when you raise the minimum wage. The cost of doing business goes up. And so businesses raise their prices. When prices go up, the cost of living goes up. And so poor people don't end up any better off.

The truth is, raising the minimum wage isn't even a real solution. It does not narrow the gap between rich and poor, regardless of what people want to believe. Because for one, only 4% of workers even earn minimum wage to begin with. And the vast majority of those people, are basically kids.

Think of it like this, if setting a minimum wage did something meaningful. Like narrowing the gap between rich and poor. Why not just make the minimum wage like $100? Easy, because its at best pointless. And at worst incredibly destructive.

The truth is that, the only way to artificially narrow the gap between rich and poor. Would either be for the government to set all wages(like CEO/executive compensation), or set all prices. If you aren't advocating for either of those things. Then you are wasting my time.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, all people don't want to let money go.

Let my people - but not my money - go?

Old 12-10-2013, 05:57 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Think of it like this, if setting a minimum wage did something meaningful. Like narrowing the gap between rich and poor. Why not just make the minimum wage like $100? Easy, because its at best pointless. And at worst incredibly destructive.
This is such a dumb strawman argument, and part of the reason we can't have a legitimate discussion on the minimum wage topic in this country. No one is calling for $100/hr (ie. over $200K/yr for a full time employee).

Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No you did when you played your games..............like you always do. You never fail lifer I'll give you credit. You try and twist and worm around. Good work. LIberals are good at it. You are one of the best. But I got you.
Just calling out the game you try to play when you are proven to be wrong. Sorry if you can't handle it, maybe in another thread you will do better.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:08 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This is such a dumb strawman argument, and part of the reason we can't have a legitimate discussion on the minimum wage topic in this country. No one is calling for $100/hr (ie. over $200K/yr for a full time employee).
It's actually not an strawman argument. It's not even an argument--t's a question. If we can make people off by fiat declaration, why not go a little further and make them even better off? Why stop at $7.25 or even $15? Why? It's not an argument, just a question, and apparently one that you can't answer.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
My poll about minimum tip rates now stands at 41-5, so 89% oppose any minimum tip rate.

I find it fascinating that people can see why a minimum tip rate would be a bad idea, but not a minimum wage.

tipped workers: would you favor legislation to establish minimum tip levels?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies