Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It's a bakery, not a religious establishment. They're in the BUSINESS of making cakes.
You just don't get it! Any business establishment which has an owner who professes "sincerely held beliefs" is automatically a religious establishment!

Also, humorously enough, this is my 666th post. Congratulations me!

Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
If I owned that business I'd quit making wedding cakes, period. End of story.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And when people saw that you were behaving like a child throwing a temper tantrum and your business slowly dwindled down to almost nothing, I would feel no pity for you.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The homosexual couple would be better served going to establishments that genuinely and openly want them rather than bullying those with religious convictions. They will get better service and in the long run be much happier doing so. It will be interesting to see whether the bakers close up shop or instead gives these little darlings the ever loving cake they deserve.

Why the HELL should they have to shop around, looking for a place that will accept them and won't turn up their sanctimonious noses at a couple they don't approve of? If you're a bakery, you sell cakes. If you're a shoemaker, you fix shoes. If you're a fishmonger, you sell fish.
Period.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,704 times
'Tolerance' is a narrow, one-way road - when one's liberty inflicts another's oppression.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You see this because you want to. The two gay men have nothing to do with this and nobody is looking for support for them. The anger, if any, is towards a business that would break the law now and forever if they weren't called on the carpet. I don't care if this guy would rather close up shop than bake a cake for gays, he's already baking cakes for adulterers, pedophiles, wife beater, liars, tax cheats and god knows who else so they are already supporting sin. That they would pick out one thing in particular and get all Christian-y about it makes me laugh.
Exactly! If this is the same case I'm thinking of, the baker has tattoos!! The Bible expressly prohibits tattoos. I'll bet he sells to other tattooed people as well, but when it comes to gays, they get all Jesus-y and try to hide their bigotry behind their bible.
The hypocrisy is truly astounding. Just sell your damn cakes and shut up. Or go out of business.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
You just don't get it! Any business establishment which has an owner who professes "sincerely held beliefs" is automatically a religious establishment!

Also, humorously enough, this is my 666th post. Congratulations me!
Lol! That's hysterical!
I knew some folks who would refuse to post on threads that had the number 666 anywhere in them. The boogeyman was going to come get them, I guess.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Exactly! If this is the same case I'm thinking of, the baker has tattoos!! The Bible expressly prohibits tattoos. I'll bet he sells to other tattooed people as well, but when it comes to gays, they get all Jesus-y and try to hide their bigotry behind their bible.
The hypocrisy is truly astounding. Just sell your damn cakes and shut up. Or go out of business.
The whole pick-and-choose your morality act these people pull is the most infuriating thing of all. I do not believe Jesus would approve of this sort of behavior even in the slightest, using him and his name to justify the mistreatment of others. Actually, the most infuriating thing is having discussions with those in support of said people who refuse to even acknowledge this issue at all. Their support is blind, thoughtless, absolute and no amount of well-reasoned and well-supported arguments will move them to even consider this very real point. It reminds me of this:

Quote:
Stone Deaf is one of the few truly invincible Warriors because nothing can shatter his impenetrable armor of non recognition. His primitive battle strategy is maddening effective; he simply refuses to acknowledge any arguments he doesn't like. Kung-Fu Master can hammer away with devastating blows, Cyber Sisters can screech in full throat and Profundus Maximus can expound until he drops, but Stone Deaf remains utterly oblivious as he advances his dogged and often repetitious attacks. In the early stages of battle a wide array of Warriors will fling themselves at Stone Deaf, but inevitably they fall back exahusted or lose interest when they see that their best weapons have no effect. His only real enemy is Admin, who has the power to eject him from the discussion forum.
Quote:
Lol! That's hysterical!
I knew some folks who would refuse to post on threads that had the number 666 anywhere in them. The boogeyman was going to come get them, I guess.
To be honest, I feel genuinely bad for these types of people. Not joking or being facetious or irreverent in any way here. It must be a horrible thing to live with such constant stress and fear. And how much more horrible to do so with the knowledge (however deeply suppressed) that you are doing it to yourself and could find sweet, sweet relief, if you would only take that first step out into the light...

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 12-08-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Most of us would have absolutely no problem with that.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Stone Deaf is one of the few truly invincible Warriors because nothing can
shatter his impenetrable armor of non recognition. His primitive battle
strategy is maddening effective; he simply refuses to acknowledge any arguments
he doesn't like. Kung-Fu Master can hammer away with
devastating blows, Cyber Sisters can screech in full throat and
Profundus Maximus can expound until he
drops, but Stone Deaf remains utterly oblivious as he advances his dogged and
often repetitious attacks. In the early stages of battle a wide array of
Warriors will fling themselves at Stone Deaf, but inevitably they fall back
exahusted or lose interest when they see that their best weapons have no
effect. His only real enemy is Admin, who has the power to eject him from
the discussion forum.
Kind of like climate change deniers. No argument or evidence could get through the impenetrable bozone layer surrounding them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies