Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 01:35 PM

511 posts, read 799,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcanter View Post
Attention Cake Maker's

There is no opportunity to express the belief if there is nothing but a rejecting answer to the neighbor, no opportunity to be an instrument of peace. For example if invited to celebrate, that would be encouraging what is not believed in, and a pass is possible.

Therefore the position of rejection can only be received with ill-will, simply because it is all that can be understood. Thats not the faith. What can be understood, communicated is what the faith is all about in the exchanging.

If a bank robber came in for a cake to celebrate a heist, the cake gets baked. There is no position in the faith to refuse baking the cake.
Sin is not to be celebrated. There's the faith issue. I wouldn't want to bake a cake to celebrate a swinger's party. It gets even worse when you have the Christian photograph who is forced to take photos of the gay wedding. Now you are an active participant in the event.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:38 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
In other words, it's holding steady with a slight downward trend.

EDIT: You seem to have searched for quite a long time for statistics that still didn't prove your point. Well done!
the proportion compared to heterosexuals has gone up.

I thought you might be able to do math

the overall suicide numbers has gone down so of course the overall gay suicide numbers will also go down.

I do do other things besides arguing with ?people? who don't understand elementary math.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I never said that you misunderstood what I said.

I said that religious freedom under the 1st Amendment only applies to religions that would meet the 1700s definition of the word
Either way, you're 100% wrong.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Sarcasm is pretty much the only thing I can do good, so I've given it and received it....alot , LOL And I didn't take it as that. If it was meant as that , then I apologize to the poster.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM

723 posts, read 634,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And how do you define a private business? Some place hidden back in the woods?
Not if that place in the woods is open to the general public.

The definition you asked for:

Private club legal definition of Private club. Private club synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
If you can just flip a switch and make yourself be attracted to members of the same sex, then ya know, good for you and kudos and all. But in the real world, people can't do that. (If you can, it's likely that you're bisexual.) There is no way for me to sexually desire a woman. Trust me, I spent my teen years trying.
with your brain or your nether-regions?

since I'm assuming the latter no wonder it didn't work.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
the proportion compared to heterosexuals has gone up.

I thought you might be able to do math

the overall suicide numbers has gone down so of course the overall gay suicide numbers will also go down.

I do do other things besides arguing with ?people? who don't understand elementary math.
You said the rates of LGBT suicide were going up. To prove this, you provided statistics showing they weren't.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
with your brain or your nether-regions?

since I'm assuming the latter no wonder it didn't work.
You can't think yourself into being straight. No one has ever deliberately changed their sexuality. Even Exodus International, the ex-gay therapy group, closed down this year.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Nicholas Cummings former president of the American Psychological Association

And NARTH contributer. Yeah, there is a good source.

Why hasn't Cummings ever presented any verifiable evidence of his claims? He has been asked repeatedly, but can't seem to find any scientifically verifiable proof.

Then we have Alan Chambers of Exodus International, one of the largest "pray away the gay" groups has said that in 99.9% of all people treated there was no change of orientation. He even offered an apology for all of those he has harmed and shut down the org.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Sin is not to be celebrated. There's the faith issue. I wouldn't want to bake a cake to celebrate a swinger's party. It gets even worse when you have the Christian photograph who is forced to take photos of the gay wedding. Now you are an active participant in the event.
No, you're providing a service for the event. That's not participation. The photographer doesn't get an invitation and sign the guest book. They're there to work.

This is so unbelievably simple. It really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies